Portal Opener
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Portal Opener

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portal Opener

Here's my entry for this weeks COW. I want to put this in my 'folio and was wondering if you guys could give me a little (or alot of) C&C.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pros
    good balance of form and detail, feels really massive despite the levitation; good hues and use of reflected light and speculars; bioluminescence well-done, really helps the form & contours in subtle ways; your surfaces are always so rich, and getting better with every pic as far as i can see.

cons
    dripping phallic appendage is really suggestive -- intentional? -- may not be easy to fathom without explanation; cause & effect of energy emission from beasty and portal not all that solid to me; portal looks like it could be opening in a solid surface rather than empty space, i think because the BG is so diffuse and the floor line at bottom says "wall back here," leads to some ambiguity about the environment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 543 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    as masque said, you should try adding some depth to that twirl, and remove the "back wall" line. also, a more accurate shadow would make ur creature look even more realistic..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I've updated the critter.

Well, I changed the 'dripping appendage' back into a mouth. Thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed it. Even after the removal of the drool, it still looked like a flaccid cock, so I put some skin under the neck to make the silhoutte less penile. I'm so glad you guys pointed this out. I wouldn't want to be showing prospective employers creatures that are potentially genitalia.

On another note, I probably wont have time to fix the portal before the big vote, so that'll stay as is. But as for the piece as a portfolio submission, I'll probably remove the portal all together and change the horns and ridge of its back.

Masque, Slayer - Thanks alot

-Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.