Photoshop Matte Painting Crits please WIP

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello everyone. The concept of this project i am working on for school work, is to take 2 pictures that are damaged black and white..fix those problems and color them.

So i took a picture of a baby and i took this old house as u can see here.

I fixed the images, than my idea was to make that old house look much older and broke down. So i added dirt on the house, some cracks..which im still adding to the roof and other parts i will be adding..stairs..etc..

Id love to hear some crits and some good pointers on improving these images...

Perfection grows from the imperfection of the human mind
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The biggest problem here is that there are a lot of discrepancies in lighting angle, color, perspective, image quality, and edge definition. It's easy to tell where the elements meet because of these discrepancies. The shadow of the baby and chair is far too hard-edged (and its shape is wrong--think in 3D). The edges of the house are strangely frayed and there's some haloing going on. The house, grass, chair, and tree have almost no color while the background and baby are quite saturated. As far as the baby's colorization goes, you need more saturation in the midtones and highlights and less in the shade.

Nice concept, though. Just be careful to really keep those qualities I mentioned consistent. Better to have poor image quality throughout than only in some places; better to have blurry grass with a blurry shadow than blurry grass with a sharp shadow. You get the idea. Keep up the good work, and make sure to post your progress!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.