Art: What course did/are you taking/en?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What course did/are you taking/en?

Hi,

I am currently in college studying Foundation in Art and Design in my local town of Barnsley (England), I have just applied for University for Huddersfield, which has a institute in Barnsley. I went for BA (Hons) Art & Design (Interdisciplinary):

http://www.barnsley.hud.ac.uk/courses/05_06/ba_adi.html

I chose this course because it allowed me to stay in my home town and also because its a diverse course teaching more than what an illustration or a Fine Art course would teach. My view was that if I could learn from a few areas instead of just 2D images I could broaden my skills and have a better chance at landing jobs.

I am wanting to be an illustrator and taking this course was partly for this job choice, but also, like I said before, to give me more choices (i.e. making 3D models of things for a film company or story boards). I think its too late to go back.

My question would be, has any of you (had) taken a course similar to this where it learns the student various workshops? I just hope I havent messed things up by thinking more the better, or not having to move as the deciding factor : /

So what course are/did you take?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man i just took a ton of drawing classes, all types of drawing classes, some i took for credits, others i just sat in. if you can draw you can basically do anything else, plus drawing is fun. 3d is just technical stuff, and it'll be alot easier if you have the drawing down.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 1