Thanks

GRAPHIRE 4 tablet..scratchings?

Hello, i have a brandnew tablet, 6x8, it has a transparent photo frame, that i'm scratching everytime i'm painting, it's that usual? i'm leaving all the traces of my brushing there, should i remove this and start painting directly in the tablet?
    Also i don't feel the pressure sensitivity anywhere, i have set opacity to pressure sensitivity and i don't get nothing.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I got the same tablet. I think removing the plastic cover would be a bad idea. If you do you're gonna be scratching the acutal tablet instead of just the plastic and that might be real bad. I don't think those scratches are gonna effect your painting anyhow..
    About the sensitivity, what's your setting in the tablet control panel? Either press harder with the pen or turn the setting down to soft.
    -hal

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Yo diego, you are scratching your tablet? it shouldn't scratch anything, the strokes should be quite smooth, I had mine for over 3 years and I don't have scratches. And NO don't remove the cover. It doesn't quite make a difference so no need to do that. Instead look at the tip!, I am not too familiar with photo frame(?) is that like the trasparent cover on top of the tablet? and you can slide images underneath if you wanted to trace?

http://www.wacom.com/tips/images/tip...ip37_step1.gif

here's what it should look like, I am sure it looks like that but if you are scratching it... well.. that's my only guess.

As for pressure, you should see it in photoshop. Have you installed the lastest driver? Also check wacom settings? add photoshop into the application and see if that helps, most of the time photoshop seems to pick it up straight but who knows.

here's something about the nib..
    http://www.photoshoptechniques.com/f...p/t-13197.html
    but you know unless something is wrong with your pen I don't think there should be any problem. Play around in the setting too to make it more soft.

we'll chat more on msn?

cheers,

min

Thanks
    yeah, make sure you have downloaded the latest driver. for some reason the pressure sensitivity stops every now ang agin for me, and i have to reinstall the driver.

about the plastic cover. i took mine off but i tape paper over the tablet as i like the feel of drawing on paper more.