Please crit my F.I.T AAS Fine Arts application Portfolio.Things need to go!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Please crit my F.I.T AAS Fine Arts application Portfolio.Things need to go!

I posted this in the lounge too but I thought it might find a better audience in here.
    Im applying to FIT´s AAS in Fine Arts, and they require 10-20 peices, so here is what I thought Id throw at them. There are 28 here, so 8 need to go.
    Anything missing that you guys think should be in here (dont say talent please...)

I greatly appreciate it, and Ill be sending this off in a few days. Sorry for the vast amount too...
    If youve seen my threads, youll have seen most of this. Ok, no particular order:

7(8-9Same group).

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

More

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

Thanks
    From what ive gathered so far generally the watercolors have to go, and the last portrait shot, and maybe the dudes in pants, but what else? I have no idea what Im up against at FIT, so anyone with experience is more than welcome to share!

Cheers Tim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timpaatkins
    From what ive gathered so far generally the watercolors have to go, and the last portrait shot, and maybe the dudes in pants
    I agree with that.

When is your portfolio review? I also applied to FIT and my review for illustration was this past monday. They liked my work and recommended my portfolio to the illustration department. Anyway, I really like your still lifes.

B's SketchBook

"See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library."

Thanks
    Since Im in Sweden, I get to send mine in. Its due Monday. A friend in NYC is printign out copies and sending them it. So tell em more! did you applie to the Fine arts and get reommended to the illo departement? Thats cool. Do you know how man y they aacept in a class?

Thanks
    I applied for illustration. Um...they mentioned they had 125 seats available for fall. But, that's just for the illustration department. I don't know about the Fine Arts department.

B's SketchBook

"See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library."

Thanks
    I hav eno idea what FIT is looking for specifically but over all it looks pretty complete. The only MINOR (and very minor at that) is the lack of figurative studies. I mgiht put a few more drawn from observation figure drawings in there if you've got 'em.

I think you're pretty much set to go. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thank you Dave, I actually removed quite a bit of things from this,
    All the watercolors,
    the grey abstraction,
    the guys in pastel,
    about half of the observational drawings,
    the last self portrait,
    the treebranches
    the bathroom.

I hope thats not too much.
    Unfortunalty I didnt have time to do any figurative studies, so well just have too see.. Ive decided to go to NYC, even if i dont get accepted. Im looking in to Art Students Leauge, and thinking that I would cram as many courses as possible in the 3 months I can stay without a visa, then apply for the spring term again. IRght now I get the feeling htat im not gonna be accepted... Well, back on the horse!
    Thansk you again for taking the time to help me everyone!
    Cheers Tim

Members who have read this thread: 1