Do you do this?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Do you do this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Do you do this?

I'm just curious about any wierd or unusual drawing habits that anybody might have, like for me, when I draw something, I tend to make the noise it would make. Like if it was splashing in water I would make splashing noises or if it's swords clanging together, or whatever.
    Also I've been working with the wacom a lot lately and when I go back to the regular paper and pencil and screw up I reach for ctrl z, but it's not there, because the paper's not a freakin' computer. Just wunderin'.

stuff
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flicking my wrists occassionally. i crack my wrists easily, and sometimes i make the motion without the need to. i'm always flipping back my hair which dangles in front of my face.. that's not too unusual, but again, i make a flipping motion even when there's no lock obscuring my view.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well.. My room mate from where i just moved out of use to blow air threw his lips and mutter underhis breath sorta when he was just busy.. and I picked up that same habbit.. when I get really into a peice of work... sometimes if I get to frustrated.. or need a break I do a few push ups. to get blood flowing again..

peace.

-Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, nice thread tarwater!

I am making this noises too, when i am drawing. But it quickly becomes embarassing, when drawing monsters, especially monsters which are drooling...

Sometimes i catch myself doing this and when i am looking up i notice how the viewers are in doubt about my accountability...

Sometimes i am speaking for them like "Come get soooooome!" or "Urggghlll aargggg grmmmbblll..."....

This "ctrl + z" thing is a problem of all of us i think...but i never started using a rubber at the monitor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i compulsively push my glasses back up on the bridge of my nose, even though with my new glasses, i don't need to.

My spoon is too big.

Kev Crossley Guest
    Ha ha... great thread this... the oddest thing that happens when I'm painting, is my brush hand relaxes more and more as I get deeper and deeper into a particular area... until eventually the darn fingers lose all grasping power, and the brush just sorta... flops outa my hand onto the painting!!!! Wish I knew why it happens, but I guess we all have foibles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ummm...

Whatever get's me near to mood i'm looking for - fortunately I've got a lot of experience with "getting in the mood" but noises and funny faces are usual (discrede though, mostly in my mind).
    Ye - push ups used to do the trick for me too but lately I sit for hours without moving, focused, pushing myself to draw better - it hurts only when i get up

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh, im so used to blowing away eraser bits off the page that when im using photoshop i occasionally blow on the monitor as im erasing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha no you don't!!!

There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guilty.

i have blown away eraser marks on the monitor, thought "ah damn it undo! .. oh .. hehe", held my breath for long .. long periods of time, much like my reading: a drawing will throw me into a tangent daydream and i will continue to draw, not realizing what i am drawing and going into auto-pilot, as android put it once - and snaping out of it realizing i was shading a picture. when doing figures my body seems to take the mood of the drawing, if they are slouched over i find myself slouching, or if they are sitting upright, ect. i never make sounds while drawing, but, if i like the piec, i am guilty of making noises at my little respits - you know where you sit back and stretch and look at your piece further away while tilting your head side to side.

-killing.people

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i usually start a concert of cracking and popping with my hands, wrists, neck, spine from time to time.

also, i love that autopilot-trance - you don't make any mistakes, you don't even think in motion of pencil... you think... ...and the thoughts... ...materialize in graphite on the paper.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yo.. another question!

Do you have a special outfit?
    I mean, as i come back from job, before i start drawing i put my costume on - i always (well it's a short time thing since i've just started the drawing/painting stuff) have an old black (now gray) Microprose T-shirt (Ufo: Terror from the Deep), a pair of green pants (washed out kaki), the socks (one thick green and one thin black- this is how i found tem first after i've set up my new room) and since all this are very desaturated i have a very red thingy that goes on my head or around my neck or just near me!
    Freaky enough? :fruit: :afro1:

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mine's not as cool as oblio's .. but i have a black bandana i carry in my purse all the time for drawing at home/school/work. my hair's long and curly, it falls in long chunks in my face very easliy, it's a frickin distraction.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nova, that idea is great!
    have that long-hair problem, too.
    i came to the habit of wearing one ponytail (word?) all day long although i like my hair more when it's free.

*goes away buying a cool bandana*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.