Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Painter 8 Trial - Discussion And Art

Share your thoughts, and corrections with painter 8.
    ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/esd/Try/Pain...Painter8TV.exe

this thread will stay sticky for awhile.

btw to "save" pictures with painter8 make sure you do art that is small enough to fit into the screen itself and do a print screen. save in any other prog.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the direct link Davi! For the people missing the Painter 6 simple watercolor, they're back!
    Last edited by negativespace; April 25th, 2003 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    GAK! man... the interface is going to take some serious getting used to for me. Some of my favoritest most used brushes are gone, or don't resemble what they used to be. And half the brushes feel like photoshop brushes *Yuck* Hmmmm.. time to start tinkering with settings.

One of the really cool features that I'm glad they added is the new 'color mixer'. In a way I can't help but to feel slightly responsible.. refer to my 2nd post in that thread. LOL. No really I'm sure I had nothing to do with it.. but you never know. :dorky:

Thanks
    ok first of davi, you can't save in the trail version, so how the HELL are you posting this pic? as far as the interface goes, for someone like me using a 15 inch (yikes!) monitor it works really really well since everything is compacted. it takes some getting used to, but i like it alot. the mixing pallet whatever is fantastic!!!! for someone like me that using millions of colors instead of mixing from a pallet, this will help me paint tremendously. now i can pick a pallet, lay the colors down on there and then pick and mix. wow. now all i need is a full version! when the release date?

Thanks
    Originally posted by stikler999
    ok first of davi, you can't save in the trail version, so how the HELL are you posting this pic?
    Print-Screen.

ARRGHHH. I don't understand the Pressure sensitivity settings.

Thanks
    lol yeah i'm printing screen

maybe these new wacoms will help with the pressure sen..

Thanks
    this was done with three brushes. the first oil pastel, the just add water(BLENDER) and the cover pencil tool, which they completely screwed up, yet is fun to play with as another brush.

Thanks
    wow sweet. im thinking of getting a wacom tablet, but im not sure which one i should get (preferably not too expensive) I might just get a graphire 2 4x5, which should be adequate. I dont even know where you can buy an intuos in canada... O_O!

Thanks
    What part of Canada you in?

If your in Toronto there's

1click2computers.com in Mississauga.

Thanks
    how do you open this damn thing up after you download it?:confused:

Thanks
    A crack was released late last night which unlocks all the features like saving and removes the trial period... but you didn't hear that from me! Only those who are ethically challenged need apply :evilbat: Otherwise look the other way.

Thanks
    Figure it out yet Keyth...?

I played around a bit with P8 (aka. PATE) on an image I was already working on. Its already becoming more comfortable.

Thanks to Davi for this tidbit of info.
    Once your in P8 Go: Edit>Preferences>Brush Tracking and get your pressure sensitivity stuff. Otherwise there's a good chance you'll have problems.
    Funny.. i never had to set that up in previous versions.. it always seemed to work fine right out of the gate.
    Last edited by Grooveholmes; April 27th, 2003 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks
    nope:confused:

Thanks
    (some grainy pencil, oil pastels and detail oils)

inspired by a tv documentation i recently saw about a certain species of "slime-fungi" that are basically huge amobeae (size of human hand). they form things like that to carry spores.

about painter 8: that new brush choosing tool needs a lot of getting used to. it doesn't allow for the nifty switching between different brush types.

i hate that they "corrected" one of painter's most obvious pros: that you could access all controls directly. now, i even need to open up that shitty brush designer to change spacing. d'uh.

lots of the new brushes feel kinda the same, too.

Thanks
    Painter 8 is great! The interface is excellent. I never used Painter 7 cuz the interface was just too annoying.

Thanks
    finally. ha ha. lol. boy was i doing something stupid.

man it looks weird. this may take a bit getting used to.

Thanks
    Sorry, this is a shameless cut & paste from feeb's forum, but it seemed to fit the topic:

--------------------------------------------------

Well, I had a big whinge about Painter 8 earlier, but in retrospect there's no denying this is the best version of Painter yet. The lack of Flip Canvas is pretty mind-boggling, but the general Photoshop layout is very intuitive. The brush editor is pretty cool. The way the whole UI goes white when you load it is a bit disconcerting (always looks like it's crashed) but the wealth of options there is great. It also seems to be very stable.

I had to do this in one go and use printscreen to save it out, so it's not as polished as I'd like. It's a character concept for something I'm working on.
    --------------------------------------------------

To sum up, it's great, but there's some infuriating problems that should be fixed in an 8.1 update or me no buy. ;___;

Thanks
    can you not change the clumpiness and scale and stuff for your brush's bristle in P8?

Thanks
    Keyth~

Cntrl+B opens up the brush creator you should find most everything brush related in there.

Thanks
    one of the things i suggest for the first patch would be handling the brush controls like they did with the papers, nozzles etcetera:
    they have a new place in the tool bar but you actually can show a paper dropdown in your "normal" menus as well.

i say they should keep the brush designer for those who want to keep their interface clean and allow those who want painter cluttered and fast as it was to add the controls to their menus.

i miss having 5 brushes at hand for direct selection. scrolling for every brush change is as annoying as changing some simple values like spacing or bristle settings in the brush designer.

Thanks
    thanks grooves.:p

Thanks
    I hate how you have to halt everything in order to get to the brush designer. I can't even set my minimum and maximum brush size for pressure variation easily anymore. And I miss my custom palette. Mine was so cool with all these nice custom-made icons.
    http://www.ethereality.info - The art, music, photography, and writings of Robert Chang.

Thanks
    in the color mixer, you can't hold alt and pick the color...which is fucking stupid.
    Painter 8.1 will be out fucking soon if they don't fix all the stupid mistakes they made....although i will say this the best painter yet....just has a lot of fuck ups...

Thanks
    Brokencow, just switch to the color picker in the mixer. It stays on the color picker when you move your mouse over the mixer, and goes back to the brush when you move it back over your painting

Thanks
    Yeah I really dont like how you have to switch to the brush creation menu just to tweak your brush a little..

I also dont like the opacity and size menu at the top.. I know you can click and drag right away.. but I really liked just having the little menu with the drag bars.. *just me*

OH! I was working with the "Digital Water Color" brushes.. they are like vs. 6's.. but when I save as a RIFF..Leave the program and come back to work on it.... the layer is dried.. so when I use white on it I can't erase away anymore.. MASSIVE SUCK! I havent tried out the normal water color brushes like vs. 7's but Im sure those are okay..

the interface is okay.. but I really dont see anything new in it that I would use over the previous versions.. the mixer/pallete is cool, but I never have used a pallete before in digital painting, so I dont see why I would start now.. I guess if I had more formal painting experience it would be nice to have a pallete digitally..

One thing I would like see for the pallete though.. Is pre-done pigments.. Have like Thalo Blue, and Burnt Siena, Indian Red, etc.. and actually have those pigments react similar to there actual form in real life.. *very difficult to do* but would be cool..

just my $0.02

peace
    -Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    damn! still no real support for dual monitors! painter really needs to implement that into their program so you can drag tools and such to the second monitor

Thanks
    hmm... link is dead now
    anywhere else to download from?

Thanks
    hey,
    i downloaded the trial, but i have a problem.
    i have windows2000 but the program is all weird...
    can't make out the colors etc.
    does anyone alse have this problem?
    or how do i fix this glitch?
    tnx in advance

Thanks
    Originally posted by ignite
    hey,
    i downloaded the trial, but i have a problem.
    i have windows2000 but the program is all weird...
    can't make out the colors etc.
    does anyone alse have this problem?
    or how do i fix this glitch?
    tnx in advance
    Do you have the display set to use at least 24-bit color?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast