Sketchbook: 7 - Page 6
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 7

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow- youve improved so much! impressive. Push your values a bit more, and try to get some different media going in here.

nice

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jofx - thanks!

SirGreenSock - thanks alot! didnt notice how off the eyesocket shape was, should have looked more carefully or as you said, felt around it... yeah head is way too big lol, Ill try to work one that!

krakel - thanks man! yeah Im trying to push those values, still a long way to go with those
    different medias definently! I did a brush pen SP today, will try to do more stuff like that!

Yesterdays stuffarooney, didnt feel like drawing for several reasons so yah:

Some loose imagination stuff

SP with pastel pencils to get the blacks in there

Was going to call it quits for the evening, went on CA and badabing got real inspired by some peeps here, so I did some quick gestures, these are real crap I know but atleast I am drawing something! trying to get more action in these but its just not working no matter what I do =/

Today, back in full swing

Arms from memory after doing some studies, some stiff stuff going on here =/

Some quickie back studies, confusing, probobly more so than the forarm lol, SO MANY BLOBS (a bit bigger too, forgot to resize lol)

1 hour still life bleh, want to get these looser, not so stale and boring, but atleast im training my eye with these.

Arms from a mirror

And brush pen SP with some hands

And imagination stuff

cheerios

Last edited by archipelago; May 14th, 2007 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good, ya got nice expression in that brushwork. Imagination stuff is really coming along, that chicks ass might be a tad big though. But your studies will help with that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow... looking at how much you improved gives me hope!

the newer stuff is great. i really like the kissing couple a few posts up.

Very cool light switch covers:
    squakz.com

my portfolio site

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah! How long have I not been here! Sorry 'bout that. Doing great! Your hatching is really starting to shape up, and your imaginaion stufff is improving too. Keep thinking in large shadow masses and you'll be up at the top in no time! Keep it up man!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spade - thanks man, yeah big problems with proportions, I will try to work on that the best I can!

squakz - thanks alot!

Cup of Joe - Thankies

Todays stuff:

Did some laughable hand anatomy studies, then I did these all from life, they took longer than you might think

And an SP I quite like, even though the cast shadows from my hair sort of makes it muddled. The apple idea is stolen from SirGreenSock by the way

And no reffed hands, BLEH

Some messy sketches, real crappy but I thought Id post them anyway:

Cheers!

Last edited by archipelago; May 14th, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like the sketches, is that for the orc idea you talked about last time you were here? cool to see some different imagination stuff and damn, thats a lot of hands D:

radical, gnarly- keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spade - thanks man yeah thats the orc thing, those are just quick doodles though, im working on a more finished piece atm

Ok so the summer holidays have practicly started, 2 days of school left this week and I have already run out of things to draw, no idea what the hell im going to do all summer it is seriously hurting my drawing willpower at the moment...

Yesterdays stuff, could have probobly drawn twice as much if I knew what to do =/

Scapula studies, very interesting

Backs

Sketches

And SP, + doing daily hands again

1 hour still life with some arms from a mirror

And a nor ref pose and head, trying to figure out what to study... everything =/

Todays stuff, same thing as yesterday really

Wtf studies

Sketch-doodles, or Doodle-sketches if you prefer

bouguereau studies, took ages to do and the likeness and values are still horribly off, I learnt a thing or two from them though

Animal sketches from LIFE (may or may not be true)

And sp + hands

cheerios!

Last edited by archipelago; May 14th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow some real studying goin on here, keep at it dude, thats the right and only way to go!!
    I really dig the massive improvement in here since page one, really cool and really inspiring!
    Keep rocking I'd love to see where this leads to

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet update dude, your SPs are getting really good! nice work on the studies and dont worry- inspiration will come!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff man, lots of cool anatomy stuff going on.
    i read your stumped with what to draw, i have the same problem sometimes. maybe try some longer self portraits, maybe a life size one? either way youre doing a lot of anatomy stuff so maybe you could try some characters to balance it so its not so tough. the mirror arm witht he muscles was very well done, i find that a helpful exercise too!
    cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, you are realy improving very fast .That should motivate you .
    May be if you don't know what to draw look around the forum for some asignments even though they may not be active but still there is a lot of information in these threads you can do them for yourself.For example:

The peer project

FIGURE/PORTRAIT DRAWING ASSIGNMENT by Fredflickstone

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64711

You can do some blind countours ,a longer still life ,sketches of people in the park,animals in the zoo or if you have some idea to try to put it on the paper.

M.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gloominati - thanks alot man!

Spade - thankyousioso

rodrigo! - thanks alot! hopefully I will find stuff to keep me occupied during the summer, longer SPs sounds like a great idea! And by characters, do you mean heads? definently should, I wont be able to draw many faces from life for awhile because there is no school, but Ill try doing some reffed stuff. Im honestly kind of stumped as to how to go about studying the head...

hearbeat - thank you very much! I will definently read through those threads, they seem to have alot of information about the basics, which is exactly what I need, thanks!

Todays stuff, went to a museum with my class today, saw some wtf awesome dinosaur skeletons.

Found a book in my room called "old weapons". Did some studies from it

A head from imagination/reffed, i.e. I had refs very close at hand, uncanny valley to the max =/
    + A pastel crayon SP with some hands

And imagination stuff, Its from a story Im developing in my head. Basicly its about a planet (not much unlike earth) being overrun by orcs who love to do paper work, so much infact that they litter down planets with paper and destroy them. The orcs cant help their need to do paperwork ofcourse, but It still makes the humans angry. One very angry human in perticular is "four-jointed-arm-man" (havent thought of a good name yet ) A rebel leader who has arms that are twice as long as normal.

cheers!

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Big respect for your approach to anatomy, no hesitation, just getting straight in there. You're going great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude, nice head from imagination/reffed looking good. Careful with your preportions on that orc peice though, that chicks head seems a bit large. Im liking the orcs in suits though haha, keep it up!

Last edited by Spade; June 8th, 2006 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kian - thanks man
    Spade - thanks! head/body proportions ftl

Yesterdays stuffsomajigg:

Knees:

Did some studies of Sarah Simblet from AftA, she is pro leet

Then I did my own poses inspired by her, snowman syndrome ftl

Sketcherdoodles

1 hour still life

SP with le hands

Today, summer holidays have oficially started, 10 weeks of pure drawing, lets see how long it goes before I kill myself ...
    I will try to read lots of books on more basic subjects, I dont really have a good solid base of anything and its really hurting my work...

Legs

Messy stuff from mirror

SP, layed out basic values before going into lines and refinement, spacial sense = non at all

And imagination stuff, I hate/suck at drawing hands =/
    come to think of it, I hate/suck at drawing everything

cheers!

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah man, i understand the frustration too well!~ some of the studies are looking good and the guy with the tree on his head is pretty cool. Try not be too hard on yourself, im sure you'll bust out something awesome soon. keep trying!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spade - thanks I was just kidding around really, but the part about me hating hands is definently definently true lol. Ill keep trying

Todays stuff, read through "Drawing the Human head" by Hogarth (im such a slow reader ) quite a nice book, has some really useful proportional info

Heads from imagination, was going to bitch about these but then I realised how much Ive improved with them either way, so Ill just keep going with them and we will see where Ill end up
    crits on them would still be tasty though

A 1 hour still life and lip studies

Doodles, oh dear

Double SP with hands

Cheers!

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Todays stuff:
    Watched Gnomons "drawing the male adult head" by Bob Kato, pretty cool but he pretty much goes over the same things over and over again in the dvd

Hands, the ones on the right are from imagination, then I did ones from life on the left and compared them. incredibly helpful excercise!

Sketch of my room

Noses and trying out some of Bob Katos techniques

SP and hands

And imagination stuff

cheers!

Reffed

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! Cool stuff lately. I love those space-men from the sixth, they have a kind of retro look. Your imagination stuff is really improving! Keep up those studies!

P.S.- Are the Gnomon DVDs worth it? I've heard everyone talking about them, and I was just wondering, but I might wait out for the Massive Black DVD.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, that last imagination peace is ace! keep it up man, your stuff is looking great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cup of Joe - thanks man! Im not sure if they are worth the price (I aquire them in different ways... shh! ) but they have some very valuable information, especially the "matte rendering" ones! woa woa woa, MB DVDs?? care to explain more about those or give me a link please? thanks

Spadeioso - thanks man

This will probobly be the last update for awhile, I think im just going to self improve for the summer and take a break from updating.

Drew shit all today, tried sketching outside but that didnt go too well, but heres a 3 hour SP I did afterwards, crappy likeness though, dont know why, but I think it might have something to do with me looking like a plastic robot monkey good practice either way though

And heres some imagination stuff, I had to look at some inspirations to get myself going with these, so thats why they are even more Wes-ish than usual , oh dear... Not that I wouldnt slice of my left testicle to be able to draw like him, but then Id still be drawing like him and not me

One question I would like answered though: basicly, I usually draw things from life the exact size that I see it, as I find it harder to draw things larger or smaller than I see them, Is this normal? Is it better to practice drawing things in different sizes than you see them? thanks!

So yeah, sorry about the crappy update, hopefully I will be back after the summer with improvement! Cheers, thanks for all the comments, you have all been a huge help for me so far but I think I need to search a little on my own

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your lines have got alot better fromt he start of the thread. Alot more confident, making me want to do some life draw.

Great hands bwt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Info on the MB DVD's Here- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...+black+dvd%27s

I'll be saving up.
    Nice SP! I gotta do more of those. You draw everything actual size? What if you want to draw a building? The monster in the lower right of your imagination page is looking good too. Keep it up!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, that last SP is friggen sweet! Try branch out abit in your imagination stuff, you do heaps of heads but not always much else (i do to ) but yeah.. keep up the hard work~ its all looking really nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are making the right moves and I see great progress since you began this thread <> thanks for supporting the BoneHeadNation

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jens - thanks man! yeah you are right about using different drawing materials, Ive been playing around with different pens and stuff but I should probobly get into paint and ink

pix-uk - thanks alot

Cup of Joe - thanks for the info man! those look hawt I dont draw things actual size, but the size that my eye sees it, I do shrink down hands and anatomy studies though...

Spade - SUP! yeah you are absolutely right about drawing heads and nothing else, been trying to draw different stuff lately, comfort zones FTL

mentler - thankies!

So lol yeah Im back a little early, the self-improving idea wasnt such a good one, just made me loose drive and focus...
    Havent been drawing much lately, took like 2 days off because I was feeling burnt out, but yah, same old same old.

Heres some of the stuff I did, mostly unfinished junk, trying to find stuff to do...

Ultra comfort zone imagination stuff

This is me playing around with different mediums, mostly pens and gelpens

Unfinished character from imagination

And heres all the stuff I did today:

Loomis in the morning to get myself going D:

sketcherdoodles

Some weirder imagination stuff

Quick reffed stuff

1 1/2 SP, was aiming for longer and was surprised at the time lol

Loomis and AftA

And a quick still life to end the day

Cheers!

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff, some of the mixed media is looking very interesting, do more! Good to see you trying some more finished poses, keep at it even if you hate how they look now. That SP is looking good! I think you should try doing a couple of things with them as you seem to have them down pretty good. Firstly try and do a full render with your hair and everything, second try doing some with expression or even full body SPs!

Showing amazing improvment though, really diggin your attitude towards hard work just find the balance of doing what you need to and what you want to! keep it up, its looking great

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spade - thanks alot man yeah I told you before, but the full render SP is there today, Ill try more expressions and whatnot

Yesterdays stuff:

Comparing hands from imagination to hands from life, + some hands in pen

Stairs from life

Ink brush... or Brush Pen? im not sure what it is lol but its a brush with ink in it either way

And these are reffed

Doodlesketches

Busted out some watercolours for the first time, so yeah these are all "wtf is going on?" but 'twas fun

Wacky imagination stuff

And an attempt at an SP lol, screwed this one up majorly

Todays stuff, lost my drive and didnt draw much at all... I find it really boring atm =/

quick sketch

Loomis stuff

and an EssPee

Cheers!

EDIT: oh and this might sound like a stupid question, but im looking into joining an SSG, where do I go for information? thanks

Last edited by archipelago; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously intense studying going on arch, great job on everything!

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8