Sketchbook: 7 - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 7

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow
    cool sketchbook sir!
    glad i found it, i really like the last batch of updates

keep it up!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    incredible amount of anatomy studies man, and they are paying off...excellent work, much respect

remember to practice animal anatomy once in a while too, it can be fun

keep sharing!

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great sketchbook Nice to see such an amazing art keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, yea crazy studies! especially the hands they look awesome.

"No, on second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Studies looking really sweet, as always.
    The A2 piece... I don't know. Great figures considering they are from imagination, but... all (especially the central girl) are very stiff, very emotionless.. faces feel vague, just sort of vacant.
    Maybe the size of the drawing was too large for pencil? It seems there is much difference in the rendering here, ranging from something very smooth to very very coarse, with little cohesion. I also think that the sort of rendering where lines are obvious works best when superconfident about the shapes and your rendering, and I don't think this piece is quiiite there.
    I think a bit of a compositional issue comes with all of them looking out of the picture, as if everything interesting is happening outside of the piece.
    It's an impressive run of knowledge, though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Archipelago, nice stuff in here bro!! Those hands and anatomy updates aer sweet! You've really improved bro. I wish I could draw stuff from imagination that good. Keep postin more eye candy bro!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome Apdates Archipelago!

Heh, seriously, they look really good, I dig your studies, they're great.

Its interesting to see someone's work with such contrasting styles, but I appreciate your work more than I can appreciate my own. Which is a great thing, that's what I should do! If I wasn't at work 24/7 I would post more of my own stuff....ahhh such is life.

The Hideout is my flavor-ite, are you finished with it? If not, I'd like to see it taken further because its such a cool piece, in my very humble opinion. I think if those candles are lit, they could add some great dimension and lighting play on the figures if rendered further. Or you could drop some back light from the windows, or even just a single source from the upper right onto the woman, with some fallout hitting the figures below.

And then again you could just post it in the critiques. Good luck, can't wait until your next post!

There will come a time when you think everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    _andreas_ - thanks!!
    TheGnoll - thanks alot! cheers!
    monna-giovanna - thank you!
    Sanest - thanks!
    dmitri - thanks a bunch for those crits! especially the one about everyone looking out of the picture, I hadnt thought about that at all, it can work sometimes but I can see now that its definitely not right for this picture...
    gmags - thanks man!
    Ferocia - thank you!! Yeah, its finished... well basically finished to the extent of that I couldnt be bothered working anymore with it And I chose to have the lights unlit to suggest some history to the place, as if the people had stayed there overnight, or several nights, or whatever... but I should definitely experiment abit more with lightsources!

Alright, heres a pretty small update, there have been days where I havent drawn much, for good and bad reasons but heres the stuff anyway, oh and im going to attend the summer programs at this school: http://www.ateljestockholm.se/ ... I cant wait!

I stole *cough* this awesome book about clothing through history from my school... its not like they are going to need it when the school closes down in a year... and it was hidden away in an old unlocked cupboard too.... whaaaat?

sketch from imagination

quick alphonse mucha studies

I got this awesome book called "The Artist's Complete Guide to Drawing the Head" by William Maughan... here are some studies from it:

Heads from imagination

quick cast study

Dune fanart! ! Im nearing the end of the first book omg omg omg... DAMN YOU HARKONNENS!!!

RGB... ermmm...

Alphonse mucha studies from his book "figures decoratives".... most awesome...

And a shitty A2 drawing from imagination... sorry for the bad scan too...

cheers!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those "heads from imagination" are stunning!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtDirtbag View Post
    Those "heads from imagination" are stunning!
    agree. The rest is pretty cool, too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW....great stuff you've been churning out...and by the way that "shitty" A2 drawing is getting saved.....seriously, you've been pushing yourself and progressing...nice to see this consistent quality of work. Keep it up!

Last edited by Gspot; May 28th, 2007 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SgtDirtbag - thank you! cheers!
    Troll Skelking - thanks!!!
    Gspot - cheers man! haha, thanks for saving it!

So I had a bit of an art slump =/ I didnt draw much for like a week.... nyyyaaaarghhhh

btw, this update might be a bit out of chronological order but whaterver:

Ive been doing these monochrome acrylic studies:

Alphonse mucha studies

Heads from imagination

Photo studies

Trying to draw =/

Hogarth and loomis studies

crappy sketches that I couldnt be bothered finishing

drawings on small pieces of paper

And a sketch I did at school

cheers!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, those acrylic studies are looking sweet. You're a perfect example of how much progress can be made in such a short amount of time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, man! great stuff as usual. You have done som really serious studies. love those! Got me very inspired. Think I should try to do some master studies too.
    keep it up! and yeah, sexy hands :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nigel - thanks! glad I could be an example for progress
    motives - tank you! yeah, master studies are a great way to learn, it makes you really appreciate the amount of knowledge they must have had back in the day!

alright here is an update:

bougueraue studies

hogarth studies

Battlestar Galactica fan art (best TV show evar) done from photo refs, ink and pencil. Its supposed to be my two favorite characters, Gaius Baltar and "racetrack"

More hogarth studies

Hands from life and a quick SP

Character from imagination

meh imagination

Costume studies and hogarth hands

Children of Men fan art (best movie evar) done from photo refs, pencil and ink

And an Acrylic SP

cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    god i really love this book, its constantly updated and each one shows more improvements than the previous update. nothing to critic about your work ^^ just keep up the great job

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    line quality is looking super good really like your ink stuff also, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GREAT update. The last couple pages are my favorite, you look like you had been drawing for a bit before and fell into the zone. Or ascended to the zone. The SP is great; I've never met you, but based on how confident and good that drawing is, I can tell its a great likeness.

I really enjoyed your acrylic works, although you didn't seem quite as confident as you would be with a pencil. You're a phenom with that pencil, and you're pretty damn good with the brush too, I can tell you're translating from the former to the latter better than most, and definitely more so than myself. You're knowledge of heads/faces, again, serves you well.

There will come a time when you think everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking goooood Archi!! nice confident move into paint there!
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    designboot - thanks!
    Call0ps - haha thanks man! cheers!
    Spade - thanks bro
    Ferocia - thanks alot, it feels like im constantly jumping in and out of "the zone" or whatever... one week drawing feels great, the other... not so great... and That SP isnt too good but the likeness is there yeah, although the jaw and neck are messed up
    Badger - thank you!

first off, an A2 study of bouguereau's painting "Iréne" http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/databa...ge.asp?id=4857
    took about a day to draw

next, trying to sketch... not working =/

hogarth studies

Quick arm studies from a mirror

And I went outside to sketch a bit yesterday evening and this morning...

my street (on a hill)

And a car (about 90 degrees to the left of the drawing above)
    The funniest thing happened as I was drawing this, A big ass tow truck with a huge claw on the back pulled up and parked beside the car, I was like... no way... and the driver comes out, stands behind the car with a big remote and starts steering the claw, picks up the car (smashes the windows) and tells me that I "might want to move" so im like "LOL!1" and yeah, he picks up the car and drives off (barely getting through the two cars on my street that you can see in the first sketch)

oh and as I was about to scan another acrylic portrait, the scanner hung up (its like, a thousand years old and buggy as fuck) and I couldnt be bothered restarting the computer, so it will have to wait for the next update

cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to see you do something with less line (it's over apparent in both your drawing and painting). You block forms too much (you don't want to be a boring academic). Anyways, great stuff. You have a nice sense for form and solidity of line (experiment with that though). Really terrific improvement.

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking nice!
    The acrylic SPs look good, although it seems to me like you're flattening out the top and back of your head a bit. I don't really have anymore crits, but I was wondering, is Battlestar still any good? I stopped watching at the start of the third season.
    Keep it up man!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Listing - thanks alot man! yeah, my lines are getting abit too much sometimes, although I think its quite possible to do great looking stuff even with heavy use lines, just look at Marko Djurdjevic or Alphonse Mucha, but yeah, Ill try to do some stuff with less line! hmmm... whats so bad about being academic? I like that sort of stuff and I personaly dont think its boring, I can see why some people might think so though, but its just a matter of taste... and isnt painting all about blocking forms? how else would you go about it? anyway, thanks alot! cheers!
    Cup of Joe - thanks! yeah, not spending too much time on the hair, just seems like a waste of time and hell yea its still good! its pretty much more of the same in S3, altough it goes a bit deeper and darker into all the plot lines, and its worth seeing anyway because S4 is going to be the last one and theres going to be a 2 hour movie special released in september about what happened to the pegasus before they found galactica! hah, you can tell I like the show cant you?

Okay heres an update, not really in chronological order and I didnt scan everything but yeah:

A2 drawing from imagination yo

A photo study

posemaniacs.com

Masterstudy of http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/databa...ge.asp?id=3438

I then scanned it in and coloured it in photoshop (dont have a wacom so I did it with a mouse) colouring seemed SO much easier when I did this, ive tried this same process but with colouring something thats not on the computer (Ie a selfportrait from a mirror) but with horrible results... yeah I dont know

New sketchbook, smaller (about A4) and the paper is sooo nice, although thin, as you can see

Photostudies and star wars doodles

playing around

hands from life

robots!

heads from imagination

alphonse mucha study!

monochrome acrylic SP

And ive started doing atleast one colours SP a day, heres the first batch, pretty horrible but you gotta start somewhere!

thats all, cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good stuff, keep it up. make sure you experiment with those big a2 drawings you do, cause you need alot of different stuff to show to artschools nice digi colours !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good update!
    All around good, though you should watch out for head size a bit. And for the photo refs, maybe try softening up your hatching. It looks fine normally, but it's a bit harsh when you're trying to convey soft curves.
    Keep it up man!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spade - thanks bro, Im not really worrying about what I need to show to art schools atm, still improving and just enjoying drawing naked people with spears and Aureolas But you are definitely right though, variation = win in terms of portfolios... thats one of the most important things to show when applying for an art school I think.

Cup of Joe - thanks! head size = one of the hardest things to get right proportionally I think! and for the hatching, yeah the harsh curves are done on purpose, I like it how you almost turn the drawing into a 3D model or something... yeah I dont know, Ill try to experiment abit

Aight so kind of a big update yo yo homie bros, going to have to split it into two posts

tight yo

first up, A2 study of Bouguereaus pencil study for "flagellation of Christ". you can find it on ARC near the end of his gallery...

stuff:

Went to a castle (well, its a big big royal house anyway) called Drottningholm and sketched the awesome sculptures they have there... Minerva ftw

Crappy dune fanart, reading Dune Messiah now!

and a whole bunch of sketches from imagination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    somebody's house

A whole bunch of studies

And some heads from imagination

And daily colour SPs... well... I havent reaaaally done them daily... and I didnt scan all of them but whatever:

And lastly, some spoke cards I did for my brothers new fixed gear bike that I havent gotten to ride yet I even dreamt of riding it last night I wanna ride it so bad
    I still need to do one more but I cant think of anything... and my brother didnt like jabba the hut either he wants a stormtrooper instead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow very nice book ! shame i didnt find this sooner ) v nice work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohh my god!! what a huuuge update, the biggest i ever saw! only u archipelago nothing to critic, so many studies, sketches from imagination and from life. whatever problems are u gonna overcome it keep working matte

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8