Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Nice Works man!
    I like all your sketches
    keep it that way

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    That painting is awesome, and I really enjoyed annlyzing your explaination. Good work as usual, keep em coming dude.

Thanks
    Hey there, ho there. I'm getting good at not posting for a while.

SirGreenSock- That technique doesn't really gunk up your eraser too much. I've been using the same kneaded eraser for a coupla years now and it's still OK. And you don't need to gesso the board first, just make sure to use heavier illustration board so that the washes don't warp it.
    ZebzFree- Yo bruduh. The little scapes come from painting using only a pallette knife. I love to just use the pallette knife cause you can't be sure of exactly what you're gonna get. Fun little surprises. Yeah, most everything on here is from ref. Nah, not gonna make it Montreal. Wish I could and had the money/time. Next workshop I'll definately try and make it to. I hear the new Tool is pretty rockin, my brother had it and the album art is neato as always. Those guys is cool.
    cotron- Word up about the non-ear. I totally didn't notice that I had forgotten it until the next morning. Good advice about bringing the hair in front.
    maxetormer- Thanks for the words man. Yeah, totally forgot about that ear. Whoops a doodle.
    Elnady- Thanks, will do.
    Darktwin- Thanks, man. Good to hear from ya.

Here go some new jams...

Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

And another new painting that ended up eating a whole heap of ass. I did like the way the dog came out so here's a part of it. Lil blurry.

Should be back soon with new drawrings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    these are some interesting line works. love the painting!

Thanks
    Nice style. Very unique to me.
    That last painting is real powerful.

Thanks
    Really nice inks as usual. I love that guitar player pic.

I also love that you are one of 10 people that know about arrested development.

Koka-koka-koka-koh!

Thanks
    I really like your sketches, lovely style.
    Your paintings however, I love ! page 2 is lovely.
    I'd really enjoy seeing more of your paintings.

ps: your sketchbook cover is awesome!
    The forest fight for sunlight, that takes root in every tree.
    -genesis

Thanks
    Back wid a quick post.

bumskee- Thanks dude. wasn't really feeling that painting, glas to see somebody liked it.
    sabe2003- Thanks fer stoppin by.
    Groover McNab- Hah, yeah, I watch Arrested Development way too damn much. Thanks fer checkin in.
    Hypronost- Word man, I need to paint way more. Also, I'm nearing the end of this SB so I need to be comin up with a new cover sometime soon. We'll see aboot that.

Quick jams,

Workin on a Dave Chappelle illustration,

I try and lay in real quick basic colors on my SB pages sometimes, but I'm never really happy with the results. That page was so simple it was begging to be colored, but I don't know. Here's what came out of coloring it.

Thanks for checkin.

Thanks
    yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

werddddddd up

I like the sketches you been doin lately, although I think the dave chappelle sketches might have the head a little stretched too tall for the likeness to click... his features seem somewhat squished into his head from what I remember... but I might be wrong. Anyway, hope youre doing well, take care of your sizzelf!

Thanks
    yo love the painting. your sketches are amazing!
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Hey Fisticuffs Guy!

Your kickin' it hardcore like Fugazi here! I'd meant to tell you that the SP from below you did on the post before this one was (IS) really cool... nice angle and pose... but I'm such a slacker that you updated before I got around to commenting.

Are you working in ballpoint and sharpie? The contrast between the marks the two of them make is very striking... Great work as usual.

Wierdness... I can't tell if that's a makeup mirror in her hand, a tennis raquet, or a ping-pong paddle... Really like the wrinkles and folds in her shirt. The hat looks like it was maybe added at the last moment as an afterthought... Goat love... I used to work with this old hill-billy, and he told me that you put those tall rubber boots on sheep so they can't run away. I guess the same thing would work for goats... Ha-ha!

True story... When I was first looking at this I thought "Is that Dave Chapelle?"... then I saw the caption. Duh. So, he is recognizable, but there was some room for doubt... I think I'd probably say the same thing if I saw him on the street though. Though he wouldn't have a handy sign over his head to confirm my belief.

What a great little illustration! So clean and simple! Colors can be a bitch... Do you think it's because you designed the piece in B&W, so that's how you really think of it? The colors aren't horrible (I wish they were bolder... maybe you would like them better then?), in fact, they do make the images look like a lot of magazine illustrations I see out there... A little splash of color, but muted enough to not draw too much attention away from the article. An article on girls who are so hot that their apartments catch on fire... And the firemen who love them.

Keep up the great work man... you're always an inspiration!
    Your Friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Hey all, thanks for stoppin by.

cotron
    - Word man, likness is always a real bitch for me. I need to start trying that stuff in pencil so I can actually fix stuff instead of just being able to tweak. Tweak a tweak.
    pennington- Thanks man, always good to hear from ya.
    kingcoyote- Yo diggity dog, whats the haps? This stuff is usually either ball point or micron, don't usually mix the two, not usually anyhow. Weird, goats wear boots... soon they'll be dressed to the nines in formal atire. Works for me. Oh, and that's a frying pan in her hand, added totally last minute. The Chappelle likness is comin along, haven't gotten it down pat yet. Like I said above, I need to start doing that kinda shite in pencil so I can totally rework stuff if I see it isn't working. Need to find another pencil first. There's gotta be one around here somewhere... As far as the colors on that last one, you're right, when I try and impose color on something I hadn't intended to be colored, it just doesn't work as easily as it should. Not only do I need to consider color, but also values, and I'm too lazy for all that. And that explanation for the illustration you came up with is way more creative than anything I would have thought to say about it. Thanks for the comments and crits, dude, always appreciated.

Okay, so I intended to have a lot more to post, but Deadwood Season 2 came out and, well, ya know how that goes. I've started drawing in an old toned sketchbook again, and am having some fun with it. Here that go.

Thanks fer lookin. More soon.

Thanks
    Ahaha, Hugh Jazz and Phil McCrackin, never heard those before. Those dudes are always fun to hang with... but onto the seriousness. The toned paper work is DELICIOUS, always wanted to get into myself but I can never find'em ANYWHERE~ And those fill-ins with white, I noticed some color pencil [?] and is that marker? Or paint? Share those secrets sir! Love spreads so spread love. Or something like that. And that painting with the dog is very numero uno; the background is some sort of technicolor pixelation world, very cool man. And lastly, Seymour Butz seems like he's seen too many ass's. As this reply is getting long i'll leave it at that. Cheers man.

-J

Thanks
    Style works out great in the toned book!
    Its absolutely ridiculous how much you can stuff on one page man, each one has so many interesting elements to explore.
    In the last page, what was the huge white wash created with? Looks like either gouache or acrylic. Its very bright white, been looking around for good opaque white wash that doesnt fade or change colour.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    a true pleasure to the eyes. as always.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast