Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Very interesting sketches. You've got a recognizable style. Is there a reason that you outline all of your work? It tends to flatten it out, but your drawings are strong so I figure you do it on purpose.
    "The progress of learning is from indefinite to definite, not from sensation to perception. We do not learn to have percepts but to differentiate them."
    J.J Gibson

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Man, this last update stuck out to me in particular. The girl laying with the text underneath, and the profile view of the guy with the big nose totally jump off the page (web page) to me. Definitely dig it.

Now, more importantly, how awesome are the brisco county jr dvds? I might have to borrow them (aren't they freaking expensive?). I redesigned PdoomFist. Hope you saw. Though, at the moment of me typing up this message, its down because I forgot to renew my domain. So I did that, but it hasn't come back up yet.

WORD

Thanks
    post more u big lumux!
    I need more stuff, its all so cool!!
    cmon!!!

those pandas from earlier rock.

Andy
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks

you have good observation skills

gr8 amount of master work you have got here
    you have good observation skills

MY SKETCH BOOK

Thanks
    You should post......so I can, like, steal all your ideas and eat them.
    "Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Sup mate, i want my fix, pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P
    Well that wraps up that sketchbook. Won't be as long til next update, scout's honor.

Thanks
    Back atcha.
    MattGamer- Yo dude, nah, I don't use sharpies, they tend to bleed through pages and can look green and violet and junk. I use this brand called "Le Plume" I found from working at Michaels, it's nice and juicy and won't bleed through. Good marker. Course, using sume or india ink is the easiest way to go to fill in black, if the page doesn't wrinkle too badly. Also, "It's Over" was refering to that being the last page of the sketchbook. On to greener pastures.
    blanquish- Nah, no mechanical pencil for a while, most of the rendered lookin stuff is ball point pen.
    cotron- Yeah, I'll get some of these over on the IA board sometime soon, it's awesome to see that board startin to blow up. Major, major kudos for gettin that going. Eternal graditude.
    That fat kid- Ha, thanks man.
    maxetormer- Many thanks!
    this1- Thanka, yeah that dude didn't look quite right, fo rilla.
    sleeperservice- Thanks for the words. I tend to outline stuff to make it pop on the page more, you're totally right in that it flattens things out, but it also defines the larger shapes more. Easy to get carried away with, I'll keep it mind.
    majinpunisher- Yo man, thanks for lookin. I already emailed you tellin you how sweet your site looks now, but it's worth rementioning. You new magazine jams are a nice inspiration for me to get some of that kinda stuff going.
    PHATandy- Ha, lumux! That's gonna be my secret word for the week. If anyone else says it I'm gonna freak out, Pee Wee's Playhouse style. Thanks for checkin in, man.
    dhilipsomesh- Thanks, observing stuff and going to the bathroom are about all I do.
    masterpug- Thanks for push, but I'd check the expiration date on these ideas before eating them, some of em are startin to smell funny.

So over the last week Brisco County Jr has consumed pretty much all my free time, I'm glad I got any drawing in at all. 27 hour long episodes, I can't believe I watched the whole thing...

Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

Thanks for checkin this shite out.

Thanks
    Agh, why o why havn't I noticed your sb, lately? I'm such a bad sketch book surfer. Wonderful range of characters and use of black. I like the tom waits, too.

Thanks
    Hey there Mr. Fisticuffs, sir!

Beautiful update as usual. The red (conte`?) drawing is, for lack of a better word, just lovely... I really like the way the forms flow together, and the values are solid. I also like the... um... black drawing superimposed over it, and the way that the one girls eyes (the one looking straight at us) are the different color as well. Very striking!

Basically, I always enjoy how you have a lot of stuff going on, like a recording of your thoughts, etc... BUT I do wish we saw a few more singles out of you... Maybe some "B" sides or something? Keep up the great work, man! You ALWAYS either inspire me to work harder, or to go take a nap (for reasons other than boredom, I assure you).

The energy (and likeness) in this one is just fantastic! I look forward to each and every one of your posts!

Take care man!
    Your Friend,
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    tom waits! jawesome!

Thanks
    Andddddyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!, whats going on man, beena little while since I've stopped in. Good to see your still cranking out quality stuff man. Great to see you working on faces, wonderful work. One crit from me would be, some of the structure on your heads are a little awkward, noses of a few of your heads seem to be a bit long. Not sure if your going for that or not. Just thought I'd lend my eye. Refreshing work as usual man, keep it coming

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    loving the update! thanks for the nice reply.
    that one with the dude and his frow is sweet.... did you use pastels on that? gosh, i like your paper you using as well. hehe..i just have plain white paper.
    "Le Plume" aie? i'm gonna have to check that out.

Thanks
    wowwy!!! theat girl in the red is one good drauring! and so is the guy too. thanks for the nice compliments later.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    You have SOOO much emotion in your faces, that to me is one of the most important abilities you can have as an artist. Can't say much, my closest thing to a crit is that I think you might put the eyes a tad too high on some of the faces, and only some~* KEEP sketchin i'll def. keep checkin it out.
    ____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, “I would like to own this little piece of your soul… here's some cash.” Matt Cavotta

§ East Meets West SBSG §

Thanks
    madplanet- Yo man, I'm the same way. Hard to keep track of all the good stuff goin round here. Thanks for the words!
    That fat kid- Yo dude, thanks, but I don't think I've got the cojones for 5 stars just yet. Thanks for the love!
    kingcoyote- Bruthuh, whaddup. The page with the red and blue ladies was actually colored pencils, somehting I haven't used in a while. I like the results but man, I had forgotten how much I hate sharpening pencils. Pain the rectum every coupla minutes. As for doing "singles" you're right, my pages can tend to get a little jumbled, but I have a compulsion to fill up space with crap. I'll try and do some more focused stuff, but we'll see. Thanks for stoppin in as always, your comments are always helpful. Fo real, fo sho, all that.
    cotron- Pawesome! Possum!
    Darktwin- Thanks for stoppin in man, you're right, lookin back at some of my stuff, a lot of the noses do look long. Not something I intended, but also not something that really stuck out at me. I'll keep it in mind.
    MattGamer- Thanks man, that was actually just black sumi ink and white gesso because I ran out of white FW ink. The toned paper is a lot of fun, I got the book down in Florida, don't know where I'm gonna find another one. Also, the Le Plume marker is in with all the scrapbooking stuff, if you're gonna look for it.
    pennington- Thanks, man, your stuff is lookin hot, too!
    Sartell- Thanks for takin a look. Yeah, I loves to do the faces. I have noticed I do tend to make noses a little long sometimes, if it looks like crap, lemme know. Keep me on my toes.

Gonna try and be better about updatin more frequently,

Thanks for lookin. More soonish.

Thanks
    Well there Mr Fisticuffs!

Another update and so soon! How excited am I?

Very.

Bjork fan? She had a really good song with the same title... that's why I ask. I really like the design of this one, and the contour line is great... Looking at your technique, it's great how it melds with the more delicate ballpoint linework on the interior of your faces. They don't feel like seperate entities, which is all too easy to do. And now for a minor crit for this page... While (like I already said) I like the overall design of this page, I feel like there's too little interaction between the forms. I mean, each head is seperate from all the others, and there aren't any secondary forms, overlapping, or noticable size/distance variations. I realize that this is primarily a... um... exercise sheet, but you did so much work on designing it already, it would be cool to see that go a little further.

I was thinking about something yesterday (I actually think I told it to somebody else already, but I thought it was cool, so I'll say it again)... It was something to the effect that design is the twin sister to technique, and like Luke and Leia, they are strong seperately, but together they are truely powerful... it was somthing like that. I don't really want to get all preachy about it, but it's a new struggle for my SB, and something that I kind of feel like we all could work on.

Wouldn't you hate to have that hangin' over your head? So... she killed this guy, right? And now she doesn't feel like part of the crowd anymore. So she walks away from her former life against the backdrop of a chilly gray November sky... Honestly, that does feel like Virginia in the fall/early winter. I used to enjoy going down to the beach in Yorktown at that time of year. It was cold, and gray, and deserted... Everything felt somehow cleaner. Ahh... Nostalgia.

Great update Andy! Now I have to get back to my own kingdom of line & design, before my wife gets home and wants me to do stuff! I look forward to seeing more soon! Take care man, and be good!

Your friend,
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    GoodSirCoyote- hah, I was wonderin if anyone would catch the Bjork reference, not much gets past you. I really like that song, and I thought her Homogenic album was awesome, but the rest of her stuff is really hit and miss for me.
    Anyway, I see what you're sayin about all the black, the photos I had were really just portraits, not much below the shoulders, so i just blacked it out. I kinda like that it's a black mass against the mass of negative space on the left, but you're right, it'd be cooler if it all was interactin. Like this one Jon Foster painting. And I totally hear you about design being important, pages are always more fun when they work as a whole. Random stuff can be great too, but reigning it all in makes it more fun to look at.
    Always fun to hear what you make of these pages, these little stories I would never have come up with. Maybe a little bit more narrative is in order. Anyway, thanks for the words man, always great to hear from ya.

So I finally did a cover for my new-ish sketchbook, I figure I'll post in now because it's gonna take a few days to dry and I won't be drawing in it. I wanted something very unobtrusive, somethin sublte to the point of being too light. Here that go.

So the SB is out of commission for a few days, I'm gonna try and get more painting goin on. Thanks everybody for lookin.

Thanks
    aw, there's a whole mess of goodness to be found here since i last dropped by. really dig that sb cover. i was wondering why it looked so reserved and whatnot... then i saw your explanation. Good stuff. question though. what did you use to paint on your sketchbook?

Thanks
    Sith- Hey man, good ta hear from ya. The cover was done in oils. The front cover is pretty sturdy so I just slapped down a layer of gesso and painted oils on that. I'm pretty sure you can paint on anything if you gesso it first.

This update is dedicated to my stinky bum.

Thanks
    cover and new pages and so forth all = totally awesome.

love to see all this stuff develop. I know you've been getting on me about my sketchbook, so I'll try and get shit up soon, just been too busy. you on the other hand have been all busy and cranking out the badassness.

making my way through brisco county. it rules.

i can't stop listening to those short deathklok tunes. they rule. Nathan Explosion and William Murderface Murderface Murderface are the best band member names ever.

lookin' forward to the next post.

- Dee to the Emm.

Thanks
    That is a sweet color scheme for your SB cover. Well done dude.

Thanks
    Great thread! really unique stuff going on here. Keep it up!

Thanks
    That Cover is mmmmm delicious. bumpity bump. Good work man, can't wait to see more paintings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    love all your latest stuff. man your sketchbook is a goldmine. i'd like to steal it, but then give it back to you after i look through it. haha

do you have other sb's that you use stricktly for form, etc? or are all of your sb's freakin' awesome like this one? hehe
    ok, scrapbook area, i'll remember that. Le Plume! hehe

Thanks
    Good Gat Damn, Your Sketchbook is enjoyable!

Thanks
    Very cool, as always. But where is the new stuff? How can I get my fix if there is nothing new? Guess I'll just have to slide over to find someone elses SB to poke around in.
    "Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    super sweet stuff. it's like an extravaganza of swellness. no seriously, cool SB
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Love it, need it..got to have more of it. Nice SB!!
    ...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Man, much respect - not a digital piece in sight. You make a guy really want to figure out some traditional mediums haha! Jerk!

No crits, besides that I hate you (in a good way!). Maybe you could experiment with color mm?

Thanks
    Hey peoples!
    majinpunisher murderface murderface murderface- That Brendon Small guy, no joke. Lovin the Deathklok. I love that he put up a bunch of clips of him just wailing on guitar on his blog. More shows should be like that. Also like Brisco County.
    Groover McNab- Thanks man, it turned out surprisingly a lot like I had imagined it. Paintings don't usually do that for me.
    rblitz7- Thanks, I try to chiggity-change it up.
    Darktwin- Thanks man, I can't wait either. Need to get off my arse.
    MattGamer- Steal away, but the giving back part is important. Right now, this is the only SB I have going. Usually I'll have another going for more thumbnail kinda stuff, but not really for exercise kinda stuff. Probably should, buy ya know...
    sabe2003- Huzzah!
    masterpug- Here go some new jams! Poke around at leisure.
    ArtZealot- An extravaganza of jackassery more like it. But thanks!
    silvestri99- No worries, here go some more.
    Idiot Apathy- Yeah, I see more color seeping into my sketchbook as I gradually see how much gesso and ink the pages will take without wrinkling all to hell. Plus I should be painting more. As far as digital pieces, I've got a wacom and painter and all that, and I think it's fun, it's just that my computer, an old G3 ibook, runs a tad slow. Nothing more frustrating than having the cursor drag when you're tryin to paint. Thanks for the love, jerk-face!

Thanks fer lookin!

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast