Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Damn fine sketchbook!
    Dont know which I love more, the lines or the pencils!
    The recent oils look great, very fresh and energetic! Do you paint it straight on alla prima?
    Also enjoying the way you insert the subtle greens and reds into the figure!

Thanks for the inspiration! gotta go draw/paint!
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    the paintings are gorgeous man. and i love that monkey...
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Man those fisticuff paintings are the sh*t Andy freakin awesome work and the oil quailty is great. Great stuff here. Do you do everything in Pen??? I'm jealous you've inspired me to just go at it. Great sketchbook I cannot wait to see what else is coming on this side of the forum.

Thanks
    Damn man, great talent with so many mediums, its great to get feedback from such a talented lad. Your pen, pencil, paintings are the shit. I don't know what I like more. Great concepts also, I love the recent paintings you have of the guy ready to throw dem fistzz, lol, Your line quality is awesome dude. wow, keep getting better and better.

Thanks
    Do you ever look at stuff that is sooo close to where you want to be that it makes you sad? Not a bad sad really, more of a "See? That's it!" I don't know... I hope that makes sense, and doesn't make me sound creepy... beautiful work this time 'round, man!

The girl on the train looks like Roz from "Frasier".

...stupid fox. That's probably my favourite.

Keep up the great work, I always enjoy it!
    Later.
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    I haven't run into this sketchbook until today. Sweet stuff. Love the inks.

Thanks
    AAHHHH INK!!! great sketch book bro! those oils are working nicely with the expresive color and brush strokes. keep them coming!

Thanks
    I'm getting sleepy, so I'm just going to say, "Awesome." Your oils remind me a little of the Ashcan school, nice and loose but it's all in there. Cool cool cool.

Thanks
    hot dang man! you got skills! love the paintings! smile and cellphone are some of my favs. did you have ref for them or just glances or memory or what. how long they take usually?
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    damn, i so need to work on my lines. seeing yours is like mentally beaten up by your fist-cuff guys. no, seriously. great stuff in your book, especially love your oil paintings... looking forward to your next update!

Thanks
    5 stars in my book....wonderful drawings man.....

Thanks
    Hey dude-

sweet update, glad to see your posting so much. Glad to see the paintings starting to come out again, totally bang up work.

Two things I'm particularly digging: The polar bears, or just regular bears, they're rock and roll. The second is that chick on a subway. The drawing is nice, but mostly I'm attracted to how you handled her face, I think its really pretty great for as simple as it is. Where are you pulling this reference from for this group of drawings?

Word up. Rock out.

-MP

Thanks
    Whoops, didn't mean to lapse in the updatin for so long. Seems ol Andy P does still actually have a social life. Huh, who knew? So not much drawing/painting done for the last two weeks. On the plus side, my beer pong skills are back to their prime.
    I'll try and get more done here very soon, thanks to everyone for the comments!

Orozco- Thanks, watercolor's something I feel I've never gotten as much as I could out of it. I need to play with it more and try and bring more energy into it.
    gmags- Yeah man, will do.
    SirGreenSock- Thanks for the love, I usually just paint straight, maybe working with a burnt sienna ground or something, no real set game plan each time.
    tensai- That monkey loves you!
    ashrumm- Thanks man, yeah I've been leanin heavy on the pen for the last coupla months. Probably comes from lookin at a lot of stuff like Cotron's SB. Thanks for checkin this shtuff oot.
    Darktwin- Yeah those paintings have been pretty fun so far, one night I just decided to take a buncha goofy reference of myself trying to look like I could actaully fight someone. Big ol lie.
    kingcoyote- Dude I know that feeling all too well, where you see something and it's like "frig! that makes it look so damn simple!". The stuff that's been doing that to me recently has been Mike Mignola's stuff, and a former teacher of mine, Sterling Hundley. Sterling is doing pretty much exactly what I want to do, smart, good looking illustrations, with heavy concept. He makes it look too damn easy! Frig!
    Groover McNab- Cheers right back at ya man.
    salah- Thanka mucho!
    Idiomatic- Wow, high praise, I love a lot of the ashcan stuff. Thanks for checking in.
    pennington- Most everything in here is from Ref, with the exception of the SPs and some of the goofier stuff. Usually I try and keep the line stuff down to about 5-10 minutes, if that. Any rendering'll take me considerably longer, cause I love to noodle.
    stine- If I could possibly get "That Fisticuffs-Guy" to stick as my nickname, I'd be set. Thanks for the words!
    VeSeljak- Thanks, you make-a me blush!
    majinpunisher- Yoooooo dude, thanks for the comments. Most of the reference I've been using lately is from a site called flickrleech. As far as I can tell flickr is a site kinda like this, cept for photographers. Kinda. Flickrleech just filters the more interesting stuff posted from that particular day. So everyday I've got a new batch of random junk to draw from. Good inspirado when their's good stuff on it.

Well here's what I've managed to spurt out over the past two hectic weeks.

Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

Not much, hopefully more sooner.

Thanks
    Really good!!
    the paintings are my favorites.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    awsome lines.. brilliant.. big fan of line art works.. love the chick on the couch...... eeeek, will that be coloured? cheers

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast