Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey thanks HEAPS for popping by my SB,and thanks for the crits.
    i love your sketches that are either biro or pencil, wonderful feeling for depth and form. You are a good person to learn from.

Peace

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello there. Your thread is really enjoyable to google through. Would maybe like to see you posting those pages a bit bigger. I get a headache trying to see the details. I will have to give you four stars.

Thanks
    Andy Pizznee-

love what's going on here. Thought you had disappeared for a while there. The otter is definitely rock and roll. Your pen business is great, you didn't use to use pen so much. The SP at the end there is also definitely rocking. You've got way more of a handle on drawing from mirror reference than I do, definitely commendable. I also dig how your sticking so caricatured with all this stuff. That guy in the fourth drawing there with the giant ears rocks my socks off.

Also - tell your dad (I've been meaning to mail your parents a letter or something anyway) that I finally got around to borrowing a copy of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I dunno how I never got around to seeing it before, just one of those things, y'know? Anyway- definitely creeped me out. Lobotomy = terrifying.

POST MORE!

-MdoomP

Thanks
    oh Andy, you came and you brought me a turkey, on my vacation awaaaay from wooork-y. Liking the celeb portraits, They're all pretty recognizable. I didn't figure out it was owen wilson til I used context clues (like on my SATs) to see that Ben Stiller was next to him. Nice to see yer new sketchypoos. I hear you guys helped to start a fight at the Society that ended up knockin shit off the walls? Like Wyeths or Cornwells?!! Crazy!

Thanks
    Wow, this stuff looks really proffessional. You have obviously taken a lot of time to work on these. Very good, keep it up! Wow.
    "Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    voted you into stardom i think... love the charicatures of people as well as their environments and the stuff that surrounds them. really really nice man. the onnly thing i can say is i want to see more!
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    you got great work here, I'll keep checking back.
    Zero to Sixty in 4.6 drawings!
    Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Finally I was waiting for someone to give you some stars. I was going to do it the other day but CA wouldn't let me log in for some reason. Anyway, i pretty much wanted to repeat what i said earlier only expound on it slightly. I think your contour's are some of the best i've seen on CA. A few questions though- do you lay any plumb lines down for your work, what kind of pen are you using for the contours and the shading, and also (it might seem silly but) how often are you lifting the pen off the page? Sorry bra, but i'm really trying to work on my lines, which a lot of kids don't seem to worry about anymore- it's all about the shading nowaday's (not that i don't do that either).

Oh, funny thing, when i first skimmed through your work- i thought you were some older artist. Now i realize your only 23. Now i'm like fuck- he's only one year older than me and that much better.

Thanks
    Quick lil update to get some respondin goin on. And to every one that voted, thanks fer the stars! Instant inspirado.

sith- Thanks man that means a lot. I'm a big contour lover myself, especially since I had George Pratt as a teacher at VCU. Nah, no plumb lines, if it's wrong I just kinda have to roll with it. As fo pens, this is gonna be embarrassing, but I just use a regular ball point pen most of the time, and then some microns and a Le Plume fat marker for dark darks. I used to be a big pencil guy and really haven't ever invested in any good pen equipment. I actually like ball point a lot b/c ya can't erase, but you can still render. I love contour, but I love to noodle too. Best of both worlds, but still probably a bad habit. I try and pick up the pen as little as possible, if it looks like one continuos line it probably was. I try and keep drawing even when I'm looking at the subject, always have my hand reacting to what my eyes are seeing. Thanks for the words man, your anatomy is stuff is truly killer, I'll keep ckecking back by your stuff!
    Gilead- Yeah, the otter-exploding decision wasn't mine, damn those things are fuckin cute. You're right about the lettering, I don't pencil out letters anymore, if it's spelled wrong it's wrong now. I guess I'm just less interested in things looking "right" than them looking interesting.
    j a k e- Word man, thanks for the comment.
    Placeboast- Thanks for the love, mucho appreciado. As for bigger images, I probably should, but there isn't actually a whole lot of detail you're missin.
    Diggity Doom- Yeah, I was really out of commission there for a while, the phlegm it flowed like wine. I'm really getting back into those mirror SP's, making myself look like a chump. Yeah, I'm sure my Dad'll get a kick out of hearing you just saw Cukoo's Nest. That ending is one of the more memorable endings I've seen. Really disturbing. I need to know a giant Native American guy to take me out if I ever get lobotomized. And then run off into the forrest.
    Cotron- I dont know why, but I've always loved the term "context clues". I have no idea idea why. I so weird. Anyway, thanks, celebrity likeness is, I think, one of the biggest things I want to work on, especially when workin with the pen. Need to get it down pat. As for the Society show, it wasn't so much that we helped start a fight, it was Neal's balls helped start a fight. I didn't even hear about til we went out for food at like 5 am. What a fun story to tell. No paintings got killed as they were scufflin in the coat check room.
    masterpug- Thanks man, thanks for stoppin by.
    tensai- Thanks man, that's really flattering! I'm in love with your gesture stuff. Keep it rolling.
    heri- Thanka man.

Aight here's a few pictures...

Waiting to get a new CD player installed in your car you get bored enough to draw vending machines...
    Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

Okay, one last thing for illustration nerds, then I'll shut up. I work at a Michaels Frame Shop, pretty shitty for the most part, all we frame are ugly children's portraits and Thomas Kindkade crap. But the other day I saw someone had gotten a fuckin Hugo Pratt original framed there!!! Click here to see a picture I took of it. I totally flipped out. That gut was awesome. I didn't get to talk with the people that had it done before they picked it up, but I'm 99% sure it was an original. Made my week. Anyway, more soon.

Thanks
    Andy P, I'm so glad you're on here now. Look at you, four stars! You are a prince of rock and roll art. E'rebody looooooooooves you, I is envious.

ANYWAY, I dig this stuff. Your definitely rocking everything out, and so I am glad to see. However, are you totally staying with just pen? What about those other mediums that you are a master of?

Sweet Bruce drawing. And speaking of Ash:

Brisco County, Jr. is hitting DVD soon. Huzzah! I'm gonna buy the shit out of those dvds.

Keep posting, maybe I'll be able to do something cool soon to post.

-MP

Thanks
    welllllll lookee who it is!!! hows it going suckah? this is joe mirabello

anyway, awesome collection of work in here, I am now officially subscribed to the thread and will be checking back often.
    keep it coming.
    the girl looking up the old guys' tutu is my favoritestestest.

Thanks
    SHIT DAWG! Sorry I had to do that...but your lines are like...solid and shit YO

Ok...so they're all so beautiful and inspiring. Keep going brotha!

Thanks
    im soooooooooo into your style......broth-a

Thanks
    Wow... It's been a while since I checked up on you. Don't really have anything constructive to say though...

Oh, Your SPs are wicked awesome. Great work man!

Latex.
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Nice, nice. I dig the old guy tutu drawing- hilarious. Oh and thanks for answering the questions mate. I probably have a few more i just can't think of any right now. Anyway, awesome schtuff.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast