Sketchbook: Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, where've you been, snap out of it!?!!?

ttp://www.andyparrish.net/SB/Winehouse.jpg <-- looks like that stoopid crazy chick that refuses to go to rehab don't know her name. Paint on clothes is a terrible thing, stop trying to justify it damnit.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everybody, real quick small-ish update.

Fvallejo- Thanks man, good to hear from ya. And many thanks for the comments on the ol sketch blog!
    Bojee- Thanks, I can't resist a good stand up bass player. People playing instruments always have the best looking hands.
    tensai- Hah, Kim is indeed a honey. Though, old ugly people are the most fun to draw!
    entdroid- Thanks, I really enjoyed doing those inks. I think the more I tighten up with ink the less I enjoy it. I have a bunch of inks I haven't posted because I got way too stiff with the ink and the final ended up devoid of life and mediocre. Nuts to that stuff. Many thanks for checkin in!
    ChaoticKnight- Wow man, many thanks for lookin at all my stuff!
    bhanu- Thanks man, means a lot. I definitely wanna get looser with with my inks. A lot of stuff I've done lately has been simply inking an initial line drawing and has come out pretty boring. Loosening up with those is on my to do list.
    chrishly- Thanks, the stuff in those text blocks is really nothing important. Day to day stuff and emo bitching. Stuff I need to get out and on paper. But I write it so small to ensure no one wants to read it.
    Ben_Olson- Wow, many thanks man!
    Jens- Many thanks man, but I'm not ever gonna sweat the rating, with so much talent up in these boards.
    n1va- Ha, yeah that was Amy Winehouse. I'm doing a painting of her right now for self promotion. Her album is actually really awesome, despite the fact that she should probably go to rehab and eat a steak-sandwich or two. And paint on clothes is a wonderful thing! Don't deny it!

This page I ended up scanning the quick initial drawing because I knew the acrylic washes were gonna erase the loose graphite I had put down. It ended up changing a bit in the painting process cause I tend to like to simplify shapes a bit. I should have left a bit more warmth in the face and added some interest to the bottom, but for a sketchbook page it works OK. Though it leans on Sterling Hundley's stuff way too much.

The initial drawing,

Also, remember that awesome movie from the 80's called 'The Wizard' with Fred Savage? No? Well you should check it out. Cause it had the Power Glove in it. Also, Jenny Lewis was in it. And she grew up and started an awesome indie/pop/rock band called Rilo Kiley. And they have a new album coming out Tuesday.

That's all for tonight. Back soon! Thanks for the talkbacks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    is it just me? or does non of those images load up? I can't see anything.. awwwwwwwwwwww... *panics* hope you are doing well andy!

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey nice quickies man,

awesomus primus.hmmI can see all the pics here.WIll check out the band.
    take care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are tasty dude.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aw dood. That was a really nice graphite drawing!

if you lay down clear-drying acrylic matte medium over your pencils, you can preserve the graphite and um..lose the underdrawing 'slower'.

that sterling hundley is pretty sweet stuff thanks for that link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    badass avatar for a badass book i still cant decide if like the painting or the inks more haha

Do not, ever, under any circumstances, not have fun.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey many thanks to everybody that has popped in. Here's what I've been up to,

And these are some quickies I've done on loose paper. Ink, acrylics, and some gesso in there too. Painting on typing paper gets awfully wrinkly, but I like having to battle stuff like that.

And here's something I did for Scratch Magazine, should be on stands soon. It was an article about how a lot of rap producers only know how to make beats and don't know much music theory, and how some of them are starting to learn to write and play music. It's the second thing I've gotten to do for Scratch, the art director there is a really good guy, he's an illustrator himself.

Also, seeing bojee go really big on a recent painting got me wantin to paint big again, so I tossed out this really quick landscape. It's really nothin special, but it was a lot of fun to paint in oils again, I had forgotten what it was like to not have paint dry immediately! It's 24"x30", the biggest thing I had layin around. Expect to see more oils soon.

As always, many thanks for lookin in, I'll try and be more regular with the updates again. Fiber will help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The quickies are my favorite! Especially the first one and the last two. This style works wonders I think, because it combines the rich textures of your acrylics with the energy of your lines. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that!
    Flying dood's really cool as well.

Love to see your work! Keep it coming Andy!
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scratch!! man thats awesome!! I heard though that the mag is being cancelled..thats a bummer since I really like that mag....I'm especially liking the work on the scrap paper. Rockin work!

Link to download my CA.org/TAD demo video "Inking Techniques with Brush, Nib, and Wash." http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...85#post2789985

blog: http://www.francisvallejo.blogspot.com/

http://francisvallejo.com/

twitter:
    http://twitter.com/francisvallejo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ok well this is a weird thing to like, but i really like your noses, haha. the way you shade/color them makes your work stand out from other peoples i think. other aspects of it too, but that part just seems to stand out the most to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man great stuff the acrylics are so delicious so is the oil painting, minimalistic but still so good on the eyes, my favs.the illo for scratch. Great stuff anyways.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man.....the academy has realy made you a beast....I need to start saving my pennies and go stalk Mark English and the crew.....Now you are going to have a scik as sketchbook collection like Barron Storey.......Siiiiiiiick.....very nice work.....and if you are ever up for goin' out and doing some drawing ...let me know....VCU is also having figure drawing every night from 6-8 pm in the business building..you should stop by if you're in town.
    -cheers
    -Tin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the fourth one.. it's magical! love the colours

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one this one this one!

More bagpipes, please!

Definitely rocking these out. you "busted" the "myth" of painting on printer paper. Even though that mythbusters one is in your sketchbook. Glad to see the big 'ol honkin' sizes coming out again. If you need subject matter, I got a whole pile of matter for a subject if you need me to pose.

Plus, today is "Dethtember Brutalfifth"! Dethalbum released today! (I'm waiting for availability of the deluxe edition.

-MajinPunisher

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE thread. feels very sketchbookish between a lot of "sketchbooks"

the way you draw faces reminds me of Venture Bros, especially Dr. Girlfriend

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    entdroid- Many thanks, yeah I've been trying find out how much line and pen work I should use in my paintings. Too much and the lines flatten the painting out. Good results are poppin up here and there. Thanks fer checkin in!
    Fvallejo- Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about Scratch going under, the Art Director there was really cool and it seemed like he liked working with me. Thanks for checkin in man!
    28chelseaslater- Thanks, it's a habit I've picked up from other artists I like. You'd probably dig Edward Kinsella's stuff too.
    bhanu- Thanks man!
    Papparazzi- Cripes, I don't know if I'll ever manage a collection like Baron Storey, every one of his books is a damn treasure trove! Somebody put out a book that includes every page from one of his sketchbooks. It looked boss but I can't find the link to it anymore. Bah.
    I'll probably be down for the figure drawing this Fri, sucks I had to bail out last time. Thanks for lookin in man.
    bumskee- Thanks man, much appreciated!
    majinpunisher- Thanks man, I've also busted the myth that ladies can resist my wily charms. Also I might take you up on the modeling offer, some tasteful nudes, nothin too raunchy. Update your sketchbook. Brutal!
    Elch- Hah, thanks.

A few moleskin jams,

Here's some quick stuff on paper, this first one I did after seeing 3:10 to Yuma (badass).
    Don't know if the Russell Crowe likeness is there though.

Also, I miss Deadwood.

I got to do the flyer for this year's Richmond Zombie Walk! If you live near Richmond and want to dress up like a Zombie and walk around Carytown then get in on this action. I did it a couple of years ago and it's fun times.

And one that didn't get used

Thanks to everyone that looks in!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aiiiya great fucking update man.
    The colors are looking pretty nice. SO is teh stuff in B/w . YOu know what, I want to see you doing stuff on more diverse themes.Y, know stuff other than musicals type , like the zombie pic is quite a cool thingie. GO crazy with it.

aNd yeah itd be great to be dressed as a zombie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Loving this. Oh do I see digital works here? Hmm, AWESOME!!

Being messy in my arts is what I need to do more as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Deadwood one's are great!!! Love the mood of those.
    I really like the zombies as well... I wish I could go and see all the zombies at the zombie walk, I bet it's a blast

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweeet. beautiful colours on the chicks!
    isn't moleskin really small? or do u have a special big one?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your moleskine jams are better than moleskine preserves. Niice. I always dig the combination of textured paints and graphic nature of the work. Any chance of seeing these books in person at the Seattle workshop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really cool stuff u got here dude, i like your ""style""

keep em coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mang, that last update is hot hot hot
    Those b&w Deadwood portraits are my faves.
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sooooooooo. some really nice work again man. horror thing is very cool, but the moleskin jams above it is what's blowing my eyeballs out. nice to see you go from more clean (top) to more elaborately and painterly rendered (2 portraits of guy in suit). ink work on the bottom is some of the trongest if you ask me. i find i'm very much attracted to form versus shape or 3d and 2d living together and working into each other in drawings. the inked dood on the bottom right has some of that. the little line on his nose just about makes it 3d again. woman might be missing some slightest hint (edging to too flat if you ask me). inspiring stuff as always.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhh, been too long. You're work's soo solid all the time, lot's of confidence here. Love to see you push the edge a little, work out of your comfort zone, I think your range is even greater, you definitely have the skills. Frickin awesome stuff though, I'm such a huge fan of Deadwood, have you ever seen a movie called "Sexy Beast"?? It was done before Deadwood, and Ian is in that too. He's so powerful on the screen. I think you got everyone but Bullock from the Deadwood cast.
    The Zombie Walk sounds like a blast, great job on the poster. It's great to get jobs like that. Keep them coming bro, you're a prolific mofo. Thanks for calling me on my shit all the time too.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man it's great to see you do scenes with multiple people the perspective and colors on the jams is sweet. Have you heard of kozydan? thought you might like it, they did a cover for the postal service.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andy, those pages are amazing! Do you have a specific pallete, or idea in mind when choosing your colors, if so please share. I love it. Pen and ink stuff is awesome as well, makes me want to do some b&w.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your moleskin pages, propably the coolest I&#180;ve ever seen. please, keep on posting...!
    this is a 5 star thread and nothing less than that.

Last edited by chrishly; October 17th, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andy, dammit..you're such a beast. These pages are kicking ass. Hey, are you up for figure drawing this friday night?.....Business Building, 6-8 pm....hit me up if you are up for it.
    -Tin

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3