Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Really nice sketchbook !
    Reminds me of coro's work a bit
    www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    UGhhh... so good. Your toned stuff is full of life, I don't really know what to say except keep your hands safe BTW I love the tennis
    ones, I showed my father (he's head referee of the US Open...) and he was very impressed. Keep it coming i'm gonna be here WAY more often~*
    ____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, “I would like to own this little piece of your soul… here's some cash.” Matt Cavotta

§ East Meets West SBSG §

Thanks
    Roller Derby design's quite nice. I'd like to see some variation on that, same scheme but with color accents.
    Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    sweet stuff as usual man. http://www.andyparrish.net/SB/Zeitgeist.jpg
    digging that one a lot.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Man, your stuff is awsome, those rollerskaters are top notch AND you get extra points from me for the Porcupine Tree poster as well, I love their music (so you also get a bit of jelousy for going to their concert ).

Thanks
    Damn Dude, Killer post! It's all great but the envelope put me over the edge. That guy's lucky as hell to get that in the mail.
    "absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    One of my favourite sketchbooks, I'm happy that you are consistantly and constantly updating this beast. I think you have just the right amount of stylization on alot of these, and the little bits of story telling and details are ace.

Thanks
    -hey, you have very interesting drawing style & skill... Keep more posting & STAY COOL.............
    Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Seriously by far one of the best SB on this site. Keep on posting these pages of pure inspiration
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks

Thanks
    Hey there Mr. Fisticuffs sir!

My first reaction, is to second what mike master Cotron has to say. Holy crap! You think there's enough emoticons there? You earned them all though. Ha-ha!

So... Jim-Jim the dog faced boy went and joined the roller derby, huh? When I think of the roller-derby, I think of two things... An episode of CSI where the roller-derby queen dies of a massive heart attack, and this old Jackie Chan movie where he was doing the derby... ing. Great interplay of simple line-work, and solid form here. The comp is pretty dynamic (Tho as Fatty said, kind of chaotic)... really, my only real crit is that... um... The background is distracting. And (much as I think he's totally rad) Jim-Jim does sort of stick out.

Oooh! Did he get some of her blood spatter in his eye? I bet that stings. Really like the dual (I mean Split) composition here. I do wish, though, that you'd post these images with writing big enough to read. What's the point of writing down your thoughts if we can't make fun of them? Ha-ha!

Again... Fantastic use of the spatter. I'm really diggin' the faux show posters of late.

That's awesome! I can't imagine how cool it'd be to get an illustrated envelope of one of my photos! Makes it more of a trade that way too. Too cool for school!

Dude! You're really rockin' it out here! Keep up the great work man!
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Jeez you guys, thanks for all the comments. You guys all rock the Casbah.

GOBLINSHARK- Word man, the star love is appreciated greatly. I don't know if Lisa Gerrard has ever toured with Porcupine Tree, maybe. I know that PT are big fans of Dead Can Dance so it's possible. Also, the show rocked hardcore, no herbal enhancement necessary.
    katsgod- Thanks! Danzig!
    Duckiller- As far as materials, it's pretty much whatever I can get my hands on at the moment. Mostly pen and FW Acrylic inks. And gesso for the white cause it's opaque. But I'll throw colored pencil, acrylic paint, an exacto knife, or whatever else in there if I feels like it.
    oalexis- Cool, thanks. Nah, no guache in here yet. I do have a cheap old guache set layin around somewhere, I'm sure it'll find its way in here sooner or later.
    max xiantu- Ha, I still have no idea how roller derby is played. Seems like just a buncha skating and hitting. Which is cool by me... Uh, the text on that page might be a little too blogish to get into here. Juts some thoughts about how Web 2.0 stuff and forum based websites are the only cultural identity our generation has to call its own. Anyway, thanks for stoppin in!
    n1va- Nah, still not really any digital stuff up in here. That's mainly due to my computer being kinda old and kinda slow.
    Art_Addict- Whoa man, that's high praise! Thanks!
    Sartell- Whoa, that's insanely cool. I bet I've seen your dad on TV then! Ha, neat. Thanks for stoppin in and thanks for spreadin the love!
    Listing- Word, thanks. I thought about adding some color to that, but it was already so all over the place I didn't wanna make it even more jumbled. Of course color might've tied it all together, but I'm lazy.
    tensai- Thanks man, always good to hear from ya.
    entdroid- Ha, thanks man. Porcupine Tree totally rocked the house. They ended up playing about an hour of all new material. The next CD's gonna be killer!
    Bojee- Thanks, yeah I hope that dude digs the envelope. Who doesn't like free art?
    Djohnston- Thanks, aces right back atcha!
    Mag-Neo- Thanks, will do. Staying cool might be a problem, though. I haven't been cool since I got the first slap bracelet in elementary school.
    vigostar- I'm gonna try man, thanks.
    That fat kid- You know if you have the right postage and an address you can put anything in the mail? You can put a shoe in your mailbox and they have to deliver it! Ha! Also, yeah, those derby players are all over the place, tried tying it together in the end but still very chaotic.
    cotron- If there was an emoticon of two smileys humping I'd use it right here. c-tron and e-tron back in Richmond for a bit?! Huttah!
    kingcoyote- Ha, I didn't even consider you jerks making fun of my writing. I assure you from now on anything I write in here is gonna be even smaller and more incomprehensible. Ha. As always, thanks for the love, thanks for the crits, and thanks for coming up with back story I never would have dreamed up. Jim-Jim thanks you as well!

Arrgh, this page was a real bitch cake. Couldn't for the life of me find something to go up top that worked. Every time I'd scan it, thinking it was OK, I would look at it and vomit with displeasure. So I ended up scanning it again, and again, and again. Til I got this,

Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

Ever start doodling on a piece of scrap paper on your desk then realize it's something important you shouldn't have been drawing on? I used to fuck my homework up all the time in school. Start drawing this then realized it's the back of my mechanic's receipt. I guess if I have any trouble with my car's new balancer I'll have some 'splainin to do.

Again, thanks everybody for peekin in. Eternal hails and glory.

Thanks

Thanks
    HAHA, yeah he's the guy that comes out and stops play during the rain delays etc., usually accompanied by lots of booingI kinda
    liked the first scan but thats me And I hope your mechanic is not any country below us or you'll need even more splainin. New
    sketches look fantastic, the jazz players and the beatboxer are a nice little contrast. I've seen that "red nose" thing done soo wrong,
    but you definitely make it work very cool. OHH and George Pratt has taken all my illustrator friends here and turned them into machines~*
    ____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, “I would like to own this little piece of your soul… here's some cash.” Matt Cavotta

§ East Meets West SBSG §

Thanks
    I love this sketchbook, great great work.

2nd Layer of Hell, where the lustful blow to and fro
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    "Hello there bookmarked SB!" -he exclaimed with great relish

Yours is the coolest art I've seen on CA so far, I'm pretty positive about this. The way you catch expressions, moods and situations is just priceless, and add to that your incredibly interesting style. These sketchbook pages are works of art in their own, but you know them lazorbeems look more like blood squirting from their eyes. If it's possible, add a glowing white in the middle of the beams and it should look the shit.

I'll be coming back here.

Thanks
    dammit. i thought today was the 11th and you already busted out another fancy set of "drawrings." bastard. way to let a brother down. you need to draw even faster! just for the fans you know. jk man. you already do a sick amount of work and damn quickly too. d'you get a job illustrating yet? you need to do that. you already got the "get a five star sb" thing checked. that should be the next step. hope your well dood.

Thanks
    Shit Andy, your one of the most consistent "posters", not consistent like everyday, but consistent like "damn that's some more good shit!" Damn that's some more good shit on that last post!
    "absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain

Thanks
    I love the new update, specially the image of the singer, he's got some great energy! And the mechanic's receipt is damn cool too. Man, I sooo wish I was your mechanic right now so I could keep your drawings It's not fair, dude, you with your concerts and your talent...
    And I like the third version of the scan the most, btw

Thanks
    Sit. Dance. Cheesesteak! Thanks for making my day. I don't know if you're going for the 2d thing or not, but you may want to watch your basic 3d shapes, because some stuff looks flat where i don't think you want it to. (for example the neck muscle of the girl in the top of that post.) Keep up the sitting and dancing... and cheesesteak.

Thanks
    Maaann, your stuff is fan-tastic! Love your style, so powerful an unique. Porcupine Tree rocks (so does your poster), can't wait to listen to their new record (and I think Blackfield's new material is on the way too).
    No crits from me this time, pure asspats!
    Keep rocking man!

Thanks
    haha, very cool man, love the brain eating one.
    I tend to draw all over my school books, but it's okay I guess, I own them so...
    anyways, you totally deserve every humle sweetness comment posted in here.
    Mad props.
    t

Thanks
    Andy Andy Andy, great work man, you know what I see when I step into your sketchbook. I see an artist busting his ass and working hard to grow and get better with each new pen stroke, each new brush stroke man. What inspiration in here. Keep working hard man, because its really showing through.

Thanks
    whoa. new stuff reminds me of Dave McKean. neat.
    Not quitting my dayjob just yet...
    JohnBoy's Home-Schoolin'

Thanks
    Hey Im glad Im not the only one that scans his stuff like a gazillon times
    in search for mistakes coolness of work bro!!!!
    http://www.andyparrish.net/SB/RedHead4.jpg

Thanks
    I got a book called 'The fundementals of Illustration', a cool book of like history and techniques, business and styles etc. Always seems to remind me of your work, the way they emphasize emotions in work. Your pictures based on music context, work really well like that.

The rock singer in the last post has lost of energy and power, i like it

Keep posting bro.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    Sady- Burritos indeed!
    Sartell- Hah, Pratt tends to do that. I had never had my whole body be sore from drawing before I had his classes. He's the man, no doubt. The whole red nose thing is a bit of a cliche by now, I try not to rely upon it, but it does seep into my stuff a lot. Thanks for checkin in man.
    Skeiff- Thanka!
    Chiko- Thanks, dancing girls are awesome, fo sho.
    designboot- Thanks!
    TomteOfDoom- Thanks, I'm glad some people on here dig this stuff, cause none of it's actually concept art. Word, I'll beef up the lazer beams. I just saw that SNL bit called lazer cats the other day. Hilarious!
    sith- Hah, there are a lot of unchecked boxes on my to do list, most notably "become rich and famous by drawing random bullshit in my sketchbook." I'm workin at it man...
    Bojee- Right back atcha man. The good shit flows from your SB like shit through a goose. Cause, ya know, geese, they shit a lot. And your SB has a lot of good shit. That analogy didn't work out too well... Anyway, thanks, your paints lately have been killin!
    entdroid- Thanks man. Yeah, I tend to not know when to stop workin on stuff. Better to go too far than not far enough, I guess.
    Fishspawn- Oh, I'll be cheesesteaking for sure. Dancing, not so much. Yeah, my stuff looking flat's somethin I need to watch out for, usually comes from my wonky drawing ability. I'll work at it. Thanks for the stop by.
    fedezz- Sweet, I'll take some asspats/grabs. PT were going right into the studio following this tour, gonna be killer. Also Blackfield have a new song up on their myspace page, sounding pretty good.
    Tigermilk- Thanks, yeah, drawing everywhere has gotten me into some troubles before. I guess if you don't have to give the books back there's no worries.
    Darktwin- Cool man, glad your diggin. I do work pretty hard to grow and expand, but my work still feels all over the place. Don't really have a solid style/theme to build a portfolio around. I'll just keep bangin at it, I guess. Thanks for the really kind words!
    J.Peckham- Thanks man, I dig Dave McKean's stuff most when it's less blatantly digital. I never saw his movie, Mirror Mask, didn't hear if it was worth seein. Thanks for checkin!
    maxetormer- Hah, there's nothin like scanning something, seeing it on the screen and thinking "well damn, that just doesn't work." The joys of being an artist, I guess.
    PHATandy- Thanks man, never read that book, I'll try and check it out. I like the music inspired stuff a lot too, wish there was more money to be had doing that kinda thing nowadays.

Kind of a blah week, not a whole lot going on. You know how it goes...
    Definitely wasn't necessary to scan this one in steps (1,2,3), but the initial line work kinda reminded me of one of my teachers/inspirations, Sterling Hundley. Actually, looking at it now, the whole thing looks like a bad Sterling rip. Par for the course in my sketchbook, I guess, heh.

Just plain 'ol ran out of steam on this one, coulda done something with it. The Folk Festival was fun though...

I've got a couple irons in the fire, will be back soon.
    Thanks everybody for the comments!

Thanks
    Sterling Hundley- damn he's good, but then again so are you, standing on the shoulders of giants is a respectable thing to do. Lots of good stuff in this post like how the girl's hair turns into a shawl and I love Tom Waits sneaking around in the background. I love the girl sticking her tongue out, and the accordian player's got serious personality! Great post! Keep them coming! Now I got to Goose step outa here. Honk Honk!

Bojee's Monkey Brain

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast