Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    nice stuff, keep it up
    my sketchbook

"you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You are a Carzy man !!!
    Nice work
    My SktechBook

Animation is concentration !!!

Thanks
    Heeeey Fisticuffs guy!

Deadwood is an awesome show! Me and my wife have been for season two to come out for (what seems like) forever! I'm totally looking forward to seeing it too. The end of the first season was so dissapointing... What I mean is it was sad that it was over. Having to wait until the next season came out on DVD was hard, especially when I have friends who saw it on cable... Grrrr. I'm going though the same thing now with the third season of Battlestar Galactica.

Nice portraits! They have a really nice vintage quality to them.

Dreds? ...ooooh! I get it. Wasn't reading the girls hair as dread locks at first... I really like the girls in this page. Color is working well, and the combo of those pencils with your inks is gorgeous. I'm having some issues with the guitar player, though... His head and hands are abnormally huge! Now... I guess that might be okay, because it's what he's about really... for a musician the head and hands are important, and the body just holds them together and all that, but... well... you see where I'm going with this.

Silent... but deadly. Ha-ha! That's great! I really like how you took what could've been an average nudie pic, and twisted it to make it your own! Ha-ha! The colored pencil over ink over toned paper combo is really workin' for me here too. I feel like I've seen that robot somewhere before... was it in the "Society of Geniuses" book? I can't remember, but I want to say it was green... it looks like he's using that girl's head as one of those punching balloons!

This is a fun page! I always enjoy seeing you try things out man. I really like the way you used drybrush on the side of the boat to simulate the wood texture. Very nice. The boat itself seems a little wonkey, like you couldn't decide whether we were seeing it from above, or from the side.

Great update man! It's sometimes hard to leave you comments, because I don't want to just say how good it all is, and I really have to think and dig for crits for you. We all have things we need to work on, I guess, and commenting on other peoples stuff helps me see what's going on my own... so... double bonus thanks man!

Keep up the great work, and I'll talk at'cha soon!
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Blarg, 2 weeks and not much to post. Whuduh turd...

Zord- Hah, thanks fer the words man. I can't believe I forgot Ben Dover. I shoulda drawn Ben Dover. Anyways the white is mostly white FW Ink. FW inks are pretty awesome, they're acrylic based, so they're pretty opaque, but don't wrinkle the pages too bad. Any other white is colored pencil. Glad you liked the paiting, I wasn't digging much of it at all. Yeah, toned SB's can be surprisingly hard to find, I got this one last year down in Florida. Haven't gotten around to doing anything with it til now, but I'm having fun.
    SirGreenSock- Yeah it's an acrylic based ink. FW brand. Those things are the jam. Although it scanned much brighter than it actually is, still a good opaque white. Thanks fer checkin in!
    tensai- Thanks, I try to treat the eyes right, like a gentleman should.
    mQe- Thanka, will doo.
    goro_kiss- Carzy like a fox! Thanks fer stoppin by.
    kingcoyote- Dude, Deadwood is like friggin crack, not having cable means it'll be another year before I get to see season 3. Dammit, shit. I haven't gotten into the Battlestar Galactica yet, I've got the 1st season on my puter coutesy of MajinPunisher, but haven't found time to watch it yet. Anywhoo, thanks for all the crits man, really very much appreciated. That guitarist dude was a little outta wack, I was going for the chariacatured look, guess it dodn't work out too well. That robot was just outta my noggin, don't know about the Society of Geniuses, but I'll look it up. Probably some Big Guy and Rusty influence going on, but not consciously. And yeah that boat looks bunk cause there was a dark box behind those dudes, makin it look like the perspective changes wildly. I shoulda changed that junk. Can't wait to hear all about the Workshop, dude. Talk atcha laters.

Okay, just wanted to put up somethin before I head down to Florida this weekend to bust up the Illustration Academy.

Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

And this is how that dave Chappelle illustration worked out. The concept was from an article talking about how he was carrying Comedy Central for a while there. CC's logo being of earth, I wanted to do an Atlas carrying the weight of the world thang. Didn't nail the likeness, not by a long shot. But I guess it would suffice if it was right next to the article. Not real happy with it, but glad I'm trying more editorial stuff again. Need to work on my likeness chops more.

Thanks fer peepin, more soon.

Thanks
    "this guy's taint, it's insane!!"

I like these new sketch pages man, you're definitely improving through these experiments... I like the lil compositional things that are going on, and you're drawing gooder and gooder each time it seems. I think the chappelle illo is nice, but I do think it could be pushed a lil more... I didn't read the whole "atlas" thing at first, maybe if it was closer to the pose from the original statue? I did, however, read who it was supposed to be immediately. The likeness isn't totally there like you said, but it's not as far away as you may think. Nice lil piece regardless of my crits

ps- is the 3x3 we're in the one with the article about anita kunz in it? I never got a chance to get it in the store, and I was thinking of ordering it through the site... hmmmm?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    very nice solid stuff happening.. all the different faces, poses... awsome.. you have an awsome eye for working with values. simple designs yet effective.. keep going dude!

Thanks
    i just had to check out any1 with Blondie or Joe if you will as their avatar... and i must say i was not dissapointed. Your stuff is cool as hell. The style is gritty yet clean, almost has the feel of a spaghetti western. I love it.
    "KEEEE-YYYAAAAAAHHHHHH B!TCH!!!!" - Ed Wuncler III, The Boondocks

Thanks
    Back with a bit mo.

Cotron- Thanks fer the words, the whole idea behind that Chappelle piece did get lost once I got the brilliant idea of cropping so much of the Comdey Central logo. I'm a smart guy and all. Workin on the likeness skills.
    bumskee- Thanks man!
    this1- Ahhh shit yes, a Sergio Leone fan. About 2 years ago I went through a hardcore Clint Eastwood phase, I'm surprised he hasn't popped up at all in this thread. That should be remedied soon. Thanks for stoppin in.

Okay, here a few pages from my trip down to Florida to visit the Illustration Academy. It was a really big kick in the nuts to see what all those guys were up to. Gotta step it up over here. In the mean time...

Thanks everyone for pointin your lookin balls at this stuff.

Thanks
    ah the post academy visit blues... I know them when I visited last year it was the same thing. And actually after that week here i was like a junky crying for his methadone... just act on the inspiration or you'll lose it quicker than you think... I'm a case in point

likin the panders!

Thanks
    now where the heck did THIS stuff come from andy? Those last few updates are beauuuuiiitiful!!

I want to go buy a toned book now too, just to pull off some tricks with white guache too!!! Gorgeous!

Thanks
    ooooh man mr fisticuffs! I totally know how you feel! I just got back from the massive black workshop, and feel the exact same way. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! Whew!

Sooo... Take your feelings, and channel them into something good! Sounds easier than it really will be, but we all have to support each other on this one, you know? So get to it then!

I don't have a whole lot of time to comment right now, but I think the page with the pandas is lookin' pretty good man! I'll try to stop in in the next couple of days, but I have a lot of stuff to get started and my six year wedding anniversary is on saturday (Whoot!) so I'm not gonna' make any promises...

Keep it up man. I know it's hard, and discouraging sometimes, but you have the skills... just keep on developing them!

Talk a'cha later!
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    cotron- I friggity know man, coming back from the academy, that first day is hard. I'm definately gonna try and ride the wave, I know I can't stay at Michaels for very much longer. I'm just as curious about where I'll end up next as anybody.
    Joooooooooeeee- Yo man, I just picked the toned sketchbook back up after not doing anything with it for a coupla months. Havin some fun too.
    kingcoyote- Thanks for the encouragemennt, I realize now how big being part of some kinda artistic community is. I can't wait to hear how the workshop went. Happy anniversary! Talk atcha soon.

So here's a quick portrait I did of Jon Stewart for my Pa for Father's Day. Workin on those likeness skills, gettin closer, still not spot on.

More soon!

Thanks
    hehehee.. sweet art :3

i think you did a pretty good job.. on the job stewarts picture.. :3
    what did your father think of it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    gosh i missed a lot ... i love the blurry one with the dog and man.... something about it (i think the colors) are what spark my interest.
    me check back faster more often.... i'm sorry i havent before!

Thanks
    Sweet page
    http://www.andyparrish.net/SB/Pandamonium.jpg
    made my nite, thanks for that!!

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast