Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    badass stuff is about all to be said. i love the expressions.
    keep up the awesomeness.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Accordians rule! You really do a great job at character illustration.

Norm MacDonald drinks a glass of pee while watching a fight club in progress. Ha-ha! I know, it's not really pee... is it? A couple of funny things about this drawing. Norms glass looks like it's set on a table covered in carpet. The punks don't really look like they're hitting each other, but they ARE acting like they just got hit... So who hit them?

Awesome work as usual man! Keep it up!
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    doooood, bout time some peeps start to recognize. you rock man

oh and, "the principles of design are Line, Shape, Death Metal, Alcohol, A Donkey Eating An Apple, and The Suez Canal. Master them all, and you're set!" hahaha. see that's why i suck at art. i forgot all about those.

Thanks
    that gwar flier's imagery is so fitting.

I like new sketchbook drawlings, they nice...

Thanks
    haha i i´ve seen those fukkkn hyenas on the first i had a really good laugh. and those contrasts on your sketches i love it how u play with the lines , the´re are very liquid
    aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    lovely style

Thanks
    tensai- Yeah man, that technique is damn cool, I'm tryin to think of other places I can use it. The left behind paper was hard to get off, wish I could have controlled that more and used it to highlight other areas.
    max xiantu- My pimping is getting more renown everyday, I might have to give up on this illustration thang.
    Bojee- Thanks man, I had never seen American Pop, but my old roommate was a kinetic imagery major so I'm sure I'd seen Ralph Bakshi's stuff. I do remember not being able to see Cool World when it came on TV when I was little, though. His stuff is awesome, thanks for the droppin in!
    voodoochile- Thanks man, I'll take your fo' shizzle as a solemn promise.
    Tigermilk- Thanks! Here go some moreee.
    Sodbrenner- Thanks man, I just realized it's almost been 5 years since Chuck died. Holy damn! 5 years. I thought they were gonna release the Control Denied stuff he was workin on before he died, guess not.
    Gloominati- Thanks a lot, glad I could offer a bit of inspirado!
    ZebzFree- Thanks dude, really diggin your newest stuff. I don't know if I'd consider myself a caricature artist, maybe, I guess. Whatever, I just likes to draw. Good luck on sellin your stuff, letting go of stuff is always a mixed bag of emotions.
    kuroart- Word, thanks for the love!
    kingcoyote Ha, that dude does look like a bald Norm MacDonald, that's hilarious. It looks like grass on the table cause there was gonna be a bunch of sugar packets in a container in front of the glass, but I get bored drawing stuff on tables, so I moved on. Also, I didn't intend for those dudes to look like they were gettin hit, just spitting and vomiting on each other. Whoops.
    Thanks for the love bruthuh!
    sith- I think the one to keep in mind most is that donkey eating his apple. Just Zen out with that donkey, man.
    cotron- Gwar are just as cacophonous as three accrodians going at the same time. That's why I love them
    GOBLINSHARK- You can thank Mr. Cotron for bringing those humpin hyenas to my attention. Where would I be without stuff like that? Thanks for stoppin in!
    Kliment- Thanka!

Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

Kinda tryin to bring my drawing and painting a little closer together,

Thanks for all the love everybody, makes a guy feel warm all over. We'll see how long those five stars last, hah. Now I'm off to see some Jackass and beer it up. Uh oh.
    Thanks again!

Thanks

Thanks
    Mr. Fisticuffs dude!

Effing fantastic work going on here!

Laser eyes are cool and all... but they apparently don't impress the ladies much. He should've used one of his three wishes to get a superpower more suited to chasin' tail. Sure, Super Man has laser eyes, but it's his super strength and ability to fly that the chicks really dig. And somebody needs to tell her that Belle called... she wants her dress back. Ha-ha! Any way, cool zig-zag composition. I really like her hat, and the red noses was a nice touch.

The perfect woman. Ha-ha! Seriously though... This is a gorgeous drawing. That guy's rockin' so hard her head exploded! Really like the action, movement... The black cloud seperating the dude from the background... His tats. Just really solid piece.

Oh.. My... God. Her hand is HUGE! I'd totally hate to get bitch slapped by her. Cute though...

Keep up the great work man, and I'll talk at you soon!
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Hell yeah you got'em.
    "absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Hey Andy, I'm visiting again, I'm sure you know this but the head in the last painting is ... well... missing the right lobe of the brain. I like it anyways as it is. Great updates, thanks for the info on the scanning. I can never match up my drawings if they're too big and I attempt to scan them in pieces. I think it's mostly because of my cheap old scanner.

The good news is we have an elite rolling scanner at work which can take anything up to 3ft wide, and as long as it needs to be! It just has to be paper thin. I think it's for drafting or something.

Thanks
    Some really nice work. Keep feeding your concepts with life references.
    Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Wowa, striking!

Love the style! And clean!

Cheers, post more!
    SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Great updates! Love them all and the bar woman is fu***ng amazing!! Great stylisation, colors, mood, expression. Reminds me a bit of Edward Hopper I don`t care about her big hands, it`s perfect.
    More PLZ

Thanks
    all are great man ! the smoking girl is beautiflyu done man ! really awsum !!!!!!

Thanks
    hawt dang. there's just too much crazy stuff in here. this one's awesome. and the little 5x7 quicky oil is wicked. i remember that said once that you can't draw completely accurately (or something) do you think that it's because you mostly draw contours. have you ever tried to start with the basic shapes and build from there in a more traditional style like this?
    oh yeah, did you get a new web site? sweet.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    nice paintin, great colors, cool composition... although i think her hand is a bit big... i know it's stylized but it doesn't seem to fit. great workflow lately my fiend, inspiring

Thanks
    I love looking through your s.b., it's so damn fun. Inspired, i went out and got some new toned paper to start working on again. Thanks, and keep it up.!!
    ...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Yo. I know i've looked through here before, can't believe i never posted. I love your crazy sketch pages full of whatever and i love the fact that you're always expirimenting. I can see you're having fun, so keep doing that and keep working hard. Next time i need to draw a conquistador, i'll do it at 4AM

Thanks
    dood, you've busted out so much hardcore stuff since i last picked up a pencil, tablet thing or whatever. i've decided it's about time to "zen out with some donkeys." i'm pretty stoked too man cuz i love donkeys.

thanks for making me get off my lazy ass.

donkeys... apples...

that's my new mantra for the week

Thanks
    ha love it!
    http://www.andyparrish.net/SB/LobsterJohnson.jpg
    oh and congrast on the stars mate you deserve em!!!

Thanks
    Wah! How could I have missed this? (rhetoric question)
    Lovelly drawings.

Thanks
    Holy Sheeeite! Your work just fills me with inspiration and happiness!
    More! More! Andy P's Sketch Book ((Updated Oct 25)) The Richmond Zombie Walk

Thanks
    Hey! Page 6! Neat.

DARAF- Thanks!
    kingcoyote- "The Perfect Woman" Ha! You dog, you! Agreed on the anatomical discrepancies of the painting, honestly didn't see it until everyone here pointed it out. I was tryin to skew the head and I guess I over compensated with the hand. But I did bestow her with a mighty bitch slap, you're right. Thanks for stoppin in, talk at ya laters.
    Bojee- Word, thanks for checkin in, man!
    n1va- Thanks for the crit, got a little too wonky with the painting. A good scanner is indeed a man's best friend. I know I wouldn't be posting here with out an easy little scanner setup. Good luck with the rolling scanner.
    Listing- Will diggity do, thanks for the words!
    fooxoo- Thanks! Cheers right back atcha!
    GunTrouver- Thanks, I didn't even think about Hopper while painting it, but you're right, I guess his stuff has kinda seeped in. Wish I could create a mood like that guy could!
    liam.c- Thanks, man, much appreciated!
    pennington- Hey man, thanks for stoppin in. This one is actually just a photo transfer using a technique tensai described in his thread. Just a photo plastered on the back of my book. As far as drawing a more traditional way, I used to and was never really happy with my drawing. When I try and build up from a foundation like that all my stuff tends to look the same. Junior year of college George Pratt had us all drawing really quickly and with a lot of emphasis on line and I finally started liking the way I drew. After a while, anyway. That's not to say I don't ever build up off of a structure of shapes, though. Also, nah same website I've had for about a year, need to redesign that junker.
    cotron- Thanks codiggity. Yeah, the hand's junked up, guess I was over compensating for how I skewed the head. Or maybe I just fucked up. Probably that second one. My heavy "flow" lately I'm just gonna chalk up to it being my time of the month. Eww.
    silvestri99- Word, man, the toned paper is a lot of fun. Good luck bruthuh, and thanks for stoppin in!
    Fishspawn- Yeah 4AM seems to be the magic hour, no doubt. Thanks for takin another look!
    sith- With Donkeys and apples on your side you can't fail. Don't forget about booze and death metal, they'll up your glory tenfold.
    maxetormer Ha, thanks man, I loves me some Lobster Johnson. I'm not too sure about the five stars, tho. I'll whip up a stinker here soon, don't worry.
    Sady- Thanks! Appreciated.
    aphexboy- Ah, the smiley throwin the horns. I like that guy. Thanks for stoppin in man!

I'm really excited about finally getting to see Porcupine Tree this Sunday, those Brits don't make it over here to the colonies too often.

Also, there's this guy that posts on Flickr, Mark Michaelson, who posts a lot of awesome mug shots and old wanted posters, and he's putting out a book of his stuff. He'll send you a promotional sticker if you just send him a self addressed stamped envelope. I've used this guy's stuff as reference a coupla times before, so I figured I'd show my appreciation and draw one of his mug shots on the envelope I'm sendin, here that go,

Thanks again for checkin in, everyone. Keeps me goin!

Thanks
    have i already mentiod that the smoking woman with the huge hands i would love to have im my room??!!!! i love it....
    and have i mentioned that you earned 5 stars from me?
    not ? . here you go
    haven´t the porcupine tree performed with lise gerrard? hope you got enough weed withya
    aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks

Thanks
    wow dude this is so uniqe. love the tecnique! what matireals do you use?
    there is alot of motion and the sketches are very vivid
    want to see more!
    Last edited by Duckiller; October 5th, 2006 at 04:24 PM.
    WWW.MAGNIVATION.COM
    My SketchBook

Thanks
    you are phenomenal at inking. Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. Hopefully someday i can aspire to be nearly as good as you! Do you use goache for the your colours over inkes?? Love those roller skaters!

Thanks
    That's some very cool new stuff.
    Rollerderby is the most underappreciated sport in America.

What's the story with the color split page? I can't make out the text :.

Thanks
    LOL @ the envelope. That's some awesome stuff.

Is the first one in #303 colored digitally?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast