i got the coolest homework assignment ever. in english, we're reading Milton's Paradise lost and the teacher wanted us to find the descriptions of satan's face and draw a picture of what we thought he looked like. i instantly came up with an image in my mind and began working on it...

roughly 2hrs later:
In the likeness of Satan...

i wanted to emphasize the fact that he was once an angel, so i made half of his face "good" and the other half scarred and stuff (ill edit in the passage descibing his face once i have more time). i gave him the blonde hair for two reasons, youd imagine someone who used to be an angel would have very light hair and after reading The Sandman Vol. 1 i couldnt get the idea of satan having blonde hair.

i dont feel completely done with it. the hair could use some more detail and the "good" side of his face needs some texture. his nose looks a bit funky too. im not all that big on frontal portraits. also, i realized i had already pushed the limit but photoshopping up a picture of satan so i decided to stop where i had and get onto my other hw...