Thanks

I'm new here, got some life drawings for ya though!

Hello,
    I'm new here. Just a little info about me: I'm an 18 year old artist from around Pittsburgh, PA. I just graduated high school a few months ago. Plan on goin off to art school in January (long story... i was gonna go to community college first cuz I thought my grades were too low, but then realized they were good enough to get into an art school).

I've been studying my anatomy a bit. I plan on getting a plastic skeleton so I can study the skeletal structure.
    This is a figure drawing I did out of the mirror. It's on 22 x 30 illustration board. It was pretty hard for me, since the largest I ever went before was 14 x 17 bristol... then there's this huge 22 x 30 inch piece of paper that won't even fit on my drawing table, I had to tack it up on the wall!
    Anyways, here it is:
    detail shots
    I hope that this is good enough to get into some of the bigger art schools like Ringling, MICA, Savannah, etc. Don't know how good other 18 year olds do figure drawing though...
    any comments and critiques are appreciatted
    --Keith
    www.lynxerror.com/~spear

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice~! I wish I can draw like that when I am in High school. Good work! You should get more work together and try for scholarships.

tim-j Guest
    wow...I wish i could draw like that...very nice.

How long did you work on that? what kind of pencils do you use?

Thanks
    KChen: thanks that means a lot comin from you... since you're art kicks arse and you worked on a game that kicked arse.
    Yeah, I'm gonna try for art scholarships. I can't get any for my grades, a 2.1 GPA isn't very impressive. lol

Tim-j: thanks It probably took me about... 8 hours? It's just normal graphite pencils on 22 x 30 inch illustration board.
    8 hours.. I know I know... I work slow.
    --Keith
    www.lynxerror.com/~spear

Thanks

quite good!

I dont think you have anything to worry about Patton. its clear you have a very good sence of proportion
    and your eye for detail tells me your serious about your work. you'll go far, just take it one day at a time

Thanks
    2.2 booyah!

doodlebug Guest

Talking

I'm new to this site... but I wanted to tell you that you have some good work... (this piece and I looked at your site as well...)

I myself am a Ringling student... and I know getting ready to apply for college is not an easy process by any means... But I wouldn't worry about whether or not you're "good enough"... Art Schools, such as RSAD, Savanna, ext... are looking for POTENTIAL... (which you seem to have a lot of)... They want to see that you have something there that they can build off of...

So don't worry too much ... just practice practice practice... and always enjoy the things you love...

Tam