E.O.W Round 15: Terraforming Project - THE BIG VOTE

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for the awesomest terraforming project here!

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonoy

2 2.74%
  • Hideyoshi

11 15.07%
  • Rawwad

10 13.70%
  • DeepFried

0 0%
  • chaosrocks

0 0%
  • Goran

24 32.88%
  • chrismax

14 19.18%
  • Corrick

3 4.11%
  • MasonL

0 0%
  • koshime

8 10.96%
  • Thefultron

1 1.37%

Thread: E.O.W Round 15: Terraforming Project - THE BIG VOTE

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

E.O.W Round 14: VOTING THREAD

TOPIC: Mountain Monastery

Deadline For Voting: Monday 13th Febuary

Please vote for your personal favourite artwork from this round. Please remember that your vote should reflect an equal weight of aesthetic impact, adherance to the brief, and idea development.

Your votes will be public.
    Please help strengthen the activity by leaving criticism for the artist you vote for, and for any other artworks you can manage!

posting thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jonoy
    The 23-ATTU (all terrain terraforming unit) has been designed to be dropped from high orbit to the target planets surface where it them transforms from capsule form into spider form and begins drilling into the planet surface to tap into the readily availablbe geothermal energy. Once stablized, the 23-ATTU begins adjusting the atmosphere through fission/fussion reactors designed specifically to output nitrogen and oxygen in vast amounts, changing even the most acidic atmosphere into one cpable of spreading the viral construct of man across the galaxy.

Hideyoshi
    Stigma C-24, a rather big planetoid in the outer Vytex rim has recently been discovered to have enough potential in order to be converted into an oxygen rich atmosphere. Prisoners from Jota-7 will be transferred to the high security facility that is planned to be build on Stigma C-24 in the near future.

Rawwad
    February 3th 2164, the Caucasus, Russia

Project NOE

Year 2164: North Pole and South Pole glaciers are melting faster and faster. Global heating is unstopable, every next year are temperatures higher. World ocean level go up, big cities near ocean are under water. Sciencists was wrong when they predict that water go up by 30metres, already now is water level 40m higher than normal. This is the biggest disaster in human kind history. But we have chance to save us. Project NOE is form how to save land. We started to move ground to water and began build massive walls which stop water coming on land. It is the biggest terraforming project ever. Technology is in highest level and than is possible something like this, which wasn´t be possible beafore 30years. Project NOE is new hope for our land.

DeepFried
    Gamma 12 Terraform Project: it was determined that bringing melted water down from the frozen caps of Mount Lemke to the lower, livable, altitudes of Planet X would be best achieved by scoring the surface - creating "natural" viaducts.

choasrocks
    The early exploration team of Chi theta was greatly surprised as they cam e over the top of the xerksion cliffs
    "captian? you won't believe this......I think we found the missing witch colony..."

Goran
    Orion nebula M43
    Terraforming facility “Nivens Ring”
    Population 30 000 000
    And still growing

chrismax
    After a journey lasting for decades mankind finally discovered a habitable planet in the Alpha Centauri solar system.
    It was classified as an optimal site for further travellings through space.... so the Authority for Exploration of Space (AES) decided to build up their new base on Zeta 18.
    Currently gigantic facilities and infrastructure are under construction to ensure the planet will turn into new living space.

Corrick
    Brief: In 2178, the "Earth 2" terraforming project was just beginning; the search was on for planetary bodies that could support human life. Planets that had sustained life in the past, such as Mars in our own solar system, were ideal, but moons and large asteroids were being considered as well.

Message Begins: Located planetary body with sufficient mass and suitable distance from neighboring star. Terraforming platform sent out to orbit planet, zero (0) incident. Balloons deployed into low atmosphere, zero (0) incident. Atmospheric gas generation and deployment begun at 0330 hours, March 15th, 2202.

<<<Mission update>>>: Unit 172 reporting malfunction. Four (4) man team deployed, estimate arrival minus two (2) minutes. Error logged and transmitted. <<<End update>>>

MasonL
    "A small greenhouse facility uses water from the melted martian ice caps to farm bacteria, which in time will convert the thin carbon dioxide atmoshphere to a more earthlike habitat."

koshime
    According to archeological fidnings, the said painting of Life on Lemuria is based on one obscure event. A unknown painter colonist of the First on the once barren red moon outpost of Lemuria painted a picture despicting the scene where one day, a massive towering structure emerged from nowhere, and where ever its presence was felt, life started to flourish, clouds, atmosphere, sweet air began to change and become transformed.

The painter called this the Life Arke of Lemuria, and ever since the painting has been infamous because of its anonymity and ludicrous potential as the origin of life on Lemuria

Thefultron

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hate to be whiner..but could you fix my name on the poll? Its wrong in about 4 ways....not that it will help any....but "chaosrocks"

thanks
    c.rock

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hah sorry dude, i was typing fast

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to vote for Goran. The idea of a terraforming ring around a planet is just to cool and it's well executed.

Hideyoshi, yours is awesome but I wish you could see more of the planet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for hide´s pic.

The idea of transforming a foreign planet´s surface into this cold industrial structures is just cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My favorite this round is Chrismax. The rendering is tight, love the colors, angle, and detail.

Corrick and Goran were also good. Hideyoshi was just ok IMO, I have seen other pieces from him that I liked a lot better. Then again he did say it was only like 3-4 hours of work, to that I say Hawt Damn! Vote goes to Chrismax.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Koshime - your piece was a stand out to me with your subtle values like whispers in the wind of where you wanted to take your piece. Abstract almost, but the message was there and the values were breath taking. What visual candy!
    Rawwad and Chrismax were runner ups in my book. A serious nod to Hideyoshi as well - damn slick perspective!
    Cheers!
    Dave

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i voted for the fultron because his pic is punkrock

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearbavaria
    i voted for the fultron because his pic is punkrock

Thnx Nuclear,
    How did you know I was a punker? good guessin!
    -F

Critiques and overpaints of my work are both welcome and encouraged, as I am fairly new to the art of sketching.
    visit my sketchbook http://http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63709
    and my art page http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/thefultron/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Rawad, otherwise it would have been Hideyoshi. Other nice pieces by Corrick, Goran, Chrismax, Koshime and well everybody.
    Fil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted hidyoshi, Just because it looked the most finished. Others were very good but just didn't have the detail of hidiyoshi's imo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Hideyoshi, he got it Great stuff as always!
    chrismax ones is also very nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goran, oh man, I can just see it in a sci-fi epic! Can just imagine how the ring would slowly creep over the surface of the planet. Awesome!

The Boulder takes issue with that comment.

Sketchbookedness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goran's was fantastic. He got my vote.

Between Action and Power, I found God.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goran- I must say this is a great illustration of the Niven concept. I'm curious two things, has any one else here read Niven? and can we propose other environments from literature... Id love to see the eow take on "wonderland" (no Disney) or Dune or Lilliput, Galaxa, Discworld. Heck even the 100 acre wood.. I just don't know if its kosher to suggest them.
    c.rocks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.