Thanks

Romance's Website

Hey gang,

I'm just about finished my website and was wondering if you guys could test it out for me to see if it's working in different browsers, all the links work, everything is where it should be, etc.

Please keep in mind there are still a few pictures missing for the sections.

You can find it here at www.artofromance.ca

Thanks alot!

-Rob

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Rob, I'm currently browsing your new website with microsoft explorer. All the links to sections and images seem to be working just fine.

Many props on the new site, I loved the walkthroughs on the works in the concept section, and I really like the organization of the different sections.

Can't wait until you upload more works.

Cheers

Thanks
    Oh, you got some sweet art, R!! Very cool site too!
    One thing though;i think when you choise a section it might be a good idea to have the first image showing to begin with instead of an empty pictureframe.

Thanks
    Works great and looks great mate!

I think you've really got the ease of use and organization down, but... I think it needs a little something to grab my attention; I mean my attention was grabbed just because it was you, but what about those who don't know you?

Oh and I would have missed the walkthroughs if bRØk3n_sPiRiT hadn't said anything, and that would be a shame! You've got an interesting way of working!

Thanks
    Second what fellah said. The top menu should throw you right in without any further clicks. And I think you should start the site off with either a pciture or the most recent news update, feels kinda odd arriving at a website with nothing but a menu on the front page. Also I'd like it if you'd preserve the links in the left menu after you choose a category, so you don't have to go back through the top menu again. Other than that it's killer. And the art is gorgeous.

(works fine in firefox btw)
    -hal

Thanks
    I agree with boogieman But the site looks great, pal
    Take a few hours and come down to Calgary!! hahah.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Hello, romance. I love your art in this site, but I have to say with your wonderful skills you could make the design of the site more attractive, now it's just too modest, in my opinion. I wish you gave it more of your personality.

Art is gorgeous though, I enjoy it in every section. and the size and quality of the images (resolution, sharpness) are optimum. I have to say, that it's a bit inconvenient when you have to use browser's Back function when you are somewhere deep in the links. I mean, when I increase you image to look at it closely, I don't have an option to go back nearby on your site, only in browser menu, that's a bit frustrating, not much though. a little .
    Actually, I can't go anywhere if I'm standing on the big size image. You didn't do any navigation in there.

Everything works fast, you will not lose the visitor attention anywhere.
    About your art. It's wonderful and very impressive, maybe you need to add more environments, vehicles, buildings.

Life drawings section could be bigger too.

You need to make your front page inviting, more interesting, I think.

So you generated all this beauty from July 2005? Amazing!

Tutorials are wonderful, not sure that they are presented in the right place though. Maybe it would be better to give the section special name, like "Creating an Image". or " My tutorials". Because I expected to see just finished images under title "Concept". It's a bit misleading.

In general, wonderful art, Robert. Very impressive. It was a great pleasure to see it all under one roof.
    Sveta
    Last edited by sve; February 6th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks
    Great tips by all, here comes more from me: Text should not be a similar color to background. (pain in the ass to read)
    also your thumbs, especially in the lifedrawing section, show nothing but scribbles. Make them larger! The artwork could also be a little larger.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Romance first off, great artwork especially your creaure designs. And nice simple website, just a few things though that make the website ride a bit bumpy, .
    For instance.. people have already mentioned this and I agree, haveing an image when you first come on the sight would be a great hook. Also one thing that sorta bugged me, I thought there was no back button so I reclicked on a menu to see the other options. Maybe make the Back button bigger, put it on the left side, make it a different font, or use the arrow symbol on the right of one of your paintings. Just something that says look at me in a subtle way. Also when you click like on Creatures and you get the thumbs of your work, I would suggest putting the other Character, and Eviroment list/menu under the thumbs, so you don't have to click back a bunch of time to get to them, just to be more accessible.
    I like your little logo in the White Skinned Dragon painting, maybe you can add that by your name or incorporate it somewhere.
    it is nice you have a site up now, I will be checking it for more lovely work,
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    wow guys, thanks alot!

I have to agree with you guys 100%! I've just made a list of all your suggestions and am going to play around with the site a bit more.

I've definitely got to fix that back function! and I'll rework the concept section so that it's clear that it contain a step-by-step. Not to mention all the other things you guys/gals mentioned.

Thanks again,

-Rob

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Hey Rob!!

a new website huh? awsome. yeap definitely agree with everyone on the great art work!

I think that back button don't really need to exist, at first I waited a little thinking it's loading but that was it. The main page looked rather empty. The news headings could really just sit on the right without people having to click for it. or add some latest images like fellah suggested.

cheers

Thanks
    Nice, quick and simple.
    Readable in the resume, but only just, darken the text a little? Also, there's no navigation in the resume, but otherwise really nice!

EDIT- Also, in sketchbook page 2, there's no previous button.

Thanks
    Arg! I'm having a lot of difficulty with this 'back' thing. can't seem to make it work.

Also, I've also considered scrapping what i have now a starting over and putting a bit more time and effort into the site to make it more personal and easier to navigate, as i only took a day or two to throw this piece' o' crap together.

Thanks for all your help and comments. I'll take all of these things into consideration when I redo it... again.

-Rob

Thanks
    Alright, I WILL be starting the site over. And this time I have a game plan. It will be simple, easy to navigate, and show off my booty *shake* *shake*.

I've got an intro image for it finished this evening, you can see it here.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your help and I'm happy to hear to like my art

Interceptor: Hopefully I'll make it there one day. Or maybe you can come visit me.

-Rob

Thanks
    OK, Finished version 3 of my website, or maybe it's 2.5, i dunno anymore.

Anyways, I took into consideration everything you guys/ gals mentioned and came up with this - The Art Of Romance

Thanks again for everything.

-Rob

Thanks
    Dude, much better! It's more direct and your art is presented better, I like this version a lot more. Can't find anything to beat on really, navigation is intuitive and you put better focus on what's important. It looks good and serves it's purpouse. Good job.

Edit: Found a flaw. You aint got a <title> for your splash screen.
    -hal

Thanks
    aweomse website.

i quicly broswed the old one. this one is much better. colour scheme is nice.

a few personal tiny picky lame crits:
    + maybe desaturate the blue a tiny bit. really, just a tiny tiny bit.

+ make the menu texts at the top align on one horizontal line. the font would have to be a bit smaller, bit i think it will look nice. make it more consistant. i get a bit confused when viewing "about" and the bottom line of links suddenly change.

+ in the "resume" section, the light blue bg title boxes clash with the white text. i would suggest make the bg title boxes white, and the text a darkish blue. that or make the bg title boxes a darker blue, and keep the text white.

but those are just tiny personal things, me being lame and nit picky : ]

anyway, the ARTWORK is what counts. and that my good friend is incredible. can't wait to watch you sleep at ni... errr i mean room with you in montreal...

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Boogieman - fixed

CartoonFox - The blue looks fine on my monitor, so I'll have to check it out on another computer when I get the chance before I change anything. I'm not quite sure I understand what your saying about the menu. Do you mean I should put all the sub menu items (me, interests, etc...) with all the main menu items (gallery, about, etc...) on one line? If not, do you know of any websites that would be a good example of what your talking about? I see what you mean about the resume, I'll try your suggestions to see what works best.

Thanks for the input, mucho appreciated. And thanks for signing the guestbook!

Montreals going to be sweet. Do you want the left or right side of the bed big boy? J/K
    Last edited by romance; February 13th, 2006 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Looks great, wonderful, interest provoking and delicate image of the heart, especially i like it in monotone version. Everything looks good, except the back and forth options. I know you had a problem to add it at all, but thing is I need to roll the bar down to make the arrows to be seen in order to move to next image, it consumes time and and makes me a bit frustrated. I can imagine what it will do to exhausted art director. Wish they were more ready available, on the sides of the image. To make them bigger would be good idea too, I think.
    Sveta
    Last edited by sve; February 13th, 2006 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    Oh man, you worked on Bromwell High? you fucking rock thats an awesome show.
    [

Thanks
    i gotta say that Im really digging that heart.. I thought it would be cool being that you have certain parts of the heart different colors that as you move the cursor over those seperate parts that you can link to different parts of the site.. i dunno... i like it though.. good work
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Taj - Thanks Taj, glad you like it.

vigostar - Funny thing is, I initially designed the heart for the navigation, but I was pressed for time to get the site done, so alas, I had can that idea and go with something simple. Maybe next time eh? Thanks Vigostar!

-Rob

Thanks
    Niftyness! It kicks my arse in many ways . Keep up the AWESOMENESS!
    I'm Burning A Hole In Your Mind...

Criticism Encouraged