Help for the confused?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Help for the confused?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Help for the confused?

Hello everyone!

I am yet another high school student wanting to study art next year in preparation for a career as a concept artist/ illustrator but choosing an art school is very complicated.
    The reason for this is that I live in South Africa and as far as I know I can only study towards a BA Fine Arts at universities over here and I am really keen to do a BA Illustration overseas because it will probably prepare me better for my career. I have heard of many really good art schools but they all cost WAY more than local universities and I was wondering if they were worth the extra money. So my questions are:

1. Which art schools are good enough to make it worth paying the extra money and travelling to the other side of the globe to attend?

2. Do you know of any scholarships ect. that are availible to international students?

If these art schools are as good as they say I am willing to work really hard to get there, but I don't want to waste my effort on something that I could have got in my own country.

Thanks for your time!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If your local universities only offer a Fine Art degree at a cheap price, that's just like a majority of community college/universities in the US. Even the people living in the US have to spend a lot more to get into a school with a variety of art degree choices (art schools are also private schools, so there's no break for anyone unless they get a scholarship).

Most art schools offer scholarships, including international ones, you just have to do some research. Here's one listing of art colleges. Illustration is a pretty common degree in art schools, so you should be overwhelmed with choices.

On the other hand, a Fine Arts degree is not so bad if you want to stay close to home and pay less. That kind of degree is not as specific as Illustration, but it should teach you the basic skills and media of an artist. It would be up to you to take it from there.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.