• AmishCommy

5 29.41%
  • unknown_epiphany

0 0%
  • CRØW

1 5.88%
    Thanks

The Sequential T-Dome Week 1 WIP!!!

Hello everyone, here are the WIP for the first week. Please vote and comment on what you think! Thanks.

ThreeEyesWorm
    The Main Character:
    The title he will be given does not exist in the english language but the closest trainslation is "demon". You will have to read the comic to see what exactly is the title.

The King:
    The white around his mouth is painted on. It symbolizes, again, this is an english translation of the tribe's language, the "Sound of command/power".

The Elderly:

Panel Drafts:
    Panel 1:

(Panel 2 is skipped for a reason)
    Panel 3:
    (The top one will be used, the bottom one won't.

Panel 4 and a really rough draft for panel 5:

Rough draft for future fight scenes as well as the main character's expression:

vctr

Sundance
    Jake died in Book One "The Dark Tower", was saved from being killed in Book Two "The Drawing of the Three", and comes back to Roland's world in Book Three "Wastelands". My story will pick up as Jake attempts to make the transition from Our World (1970's NYC) to Roland's. Jake sneaks out of his parents house and follows his dreams to a house where this story will pick up.

Page 1 will be my set-up page with an establishing shot of Jake outside of the Mansion which holds the door leading in to Roland's world.

This is Eddie a.k.a. "The Prisoner"
    Eddie was brought in to Roloands world in Book Two. Eddie was able to communicate subconsciously with Jake through dream sequences across both worlds. He will be helping Jake pass through the door into Roland's world.

Mr. Visions
    | Jethro Allan Vale |

I don't want to give too much away about the story yet. Right now I'll tell you it's a story based inthe 1920's, where we get to follow our main character, Jethro, as he taps into the realms of the physical, the spiritual, and the magical. I guess this is what I'm considering a teaser. I'm working with two very talented writers and we are very excited about this project. This comic will most likely exceed 10 pages, simply because it's an awesome story and we're doing it for more than this contest. But, I plan on entering ten awesome pages from the story that will want you to read more. This challenge will do a great job of keeping me on my toes and helping me keep the artwork moving. Expect much more come next deadline.

AmishCommy

unknown_epiphany
    The title is called Hello my name is Bill. Explaining the entire story behind my concept. In the 1950's a strange spaceship resembling a porta potty (key element) crashes into northern canada. a strange creature emerges from the ship. He is small and blue and is about 3-3.5 feet tall. He doesnt talk and all he has is a blank expression on his face. His main goal at first is to reasemble humans as much as possible so he doesnt give away hes an alien. After knocking around Manitoba for a bit he finds an old canadian type hat ( one with earflaps) and he puts it on. He then searches for more clothing. After finding a pair of board shorts he makes his way into an electronics store and finds a discarded nametag from a fired employee. The nametag reads as hello my name is Bill. While this is all happening years are going by and the world gradually comes into the 2000's. After completing his task of finding a disguise he picks up a map and makes his way to NYC.

After stumbling around for a bit he finds an interesting shop and makes his way in. It is a comic book shop run by a man nicknamed Lord Doomhead who is a rather large pasty man actually named Frederick. Frederick thinks Bill is a comic book fan whos dressed and immediately gives him a job. Bill's Co-workers include a short man named carl a tall man nicknamed dobi-two and a weird goth girl named angela.

This is where our story will begin.

Facts about Bill:
    3-3.5 feet tall
    80 pounds or so
    short and frumpy
    light blue ( kind of like that old Sony alien)
    Wears board shorts a canadian hat and a nametag
    Hates turtles
    does not use his mouth to eat
    doesnt talk
    always has a weird O type mouth and blank expression
    works in a comicbook shop surrounded by a herbal healing place and a bookstore
    Will try to use porta pottys as escape ships and also cross engineers them into powerful machines and weapons

CRØW
    Vetern Sgt. Golka
    Lead character of the story. Golka is captain of the 5th squad of the 3rd Company of the Space Sharks chapter. He is the grizzled vetern. I'm not completely happy with his face and will probably tweek it a bit. (he looks a bit chubby...)

Cpt. Tiberius (Commander of the 3rd Co.)
    This is Golka's superior officer. He is a minor character to the main story.

A stealthy approach (from the first page)

Assault (possible cover if I do one)

Brief Story over view:
    The story revolves around Vet. Sgt. Golka of the Space Sharks & his team as they are sent on a mission vital to the War on Gideon Prime. The Planet has fallen to the kroosade of Bogun Grimskarr a ruthless ork warlord. Gideon Prime is a key forgeworld of the Delphinius sub-sector. Golka's team is thrust into the heart of enemy territory & only luck and sheer determination will see them through.

The Due date for next WIP is Feb 10th. No later than that.
    Last edited by threeeyesworm; February 4th, 2006 at 03:55 AM.
    Read comics at:
    ANATTA, My webcomic!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    good stuff guys

Thanks
    tough call between threeeyes, amish and crow, I really dig crows theme and the portrait of the main char is looking nice (big 40k fan). threeeyes has a ;ot more done volumewise than anyone else and it's all of great qaualty. Amish has a really nice charachter sheet there too. Vote went to threeeyes though because this is a marathon, not a sprint and it looks like he's really dug into it.

Thanks
    This looks like some really great stuff guys!

Amish - those are some badass character designs. Absolutely vicious looking! I guess we know who the killer is - I'd like to see some victims!

Sundance - I'm not feeling the typeface you have with your work right now. This might sound like a little thing but remember that type is vital in comics - don't make the sum of words and pictures less than its parts!

Also there's some features you gotta tighten up - that left foot on Eddie in particular looks a little wonky!

hate to pick on you, but remember the tone of your story - the characters look appealing but they need a little more danger and mystique for the Dark Tower story!

vctr - nice colors, slick character design. Have no clue what your story is about.

Visions - nice looking character. He seems a little out of place in the 1920s however. If I just looked at him, I'd assume he was from the 80s based on his haircut / outfit.

epiphany - interesting looking character. I almost feel like the reason starts off in Manitoba is just so you can give him that hat. Sounds like you have an ambitious idea - look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Snow - I like the breakdown you did of that space-battle. Don't lose any of that energy in your final piece.

Also, be careful to avoid overused cliches! If you're inspired by work, make sure to add something personal to it!

ThreeEyes - Good character designs, but those last two pages in particular have piqued my curiosity as to what your story is about - at this stage that's the most important thing. You got my vote - but its a close one!

Thanks
    Natsch - Good points...I didn't really do any homework on the type and just slopped something on there. I originally had Comic Sans, but bleah I just couldn't do it up that big. Very true on the feet...I keep pointing that out myself...I should have spent two more minutes on 'em before I scanned. Remember this...it's not picking on - it's critiquing! And I appreciate every last bit of it. Once I bring in the crayolas I think they'll start to toughen up the characters...but you're right...for now they look soft. I'll try to wow you with something by the next poll.

On a side note...Poshspice has informed me that DSIllustrations has agreed to be a judge for this. Mr. Worm originally stated that there would be three to five judges on this, so... we've got three...maybe more to come. Posh works with Duddlebug and Matt Dixon, and was going to hit them up too... All of these guys are top notch pro's, and there isn't a single artist on the forum that can't learn something from them. Ofcourse Dan Milligan would be the F'n cake.

Really nice start guys, Threeeyes keep up the work dude, you're smokin out of the gates.

Thanks
    Wow! Thanks invinciblewombat. What you have said is really motivating. I will try to put even more effort into the next one.

natsch, Whoa, thanks for the vote man. The exciting part of the story isn't in those two pages though. The exciting part is a bit ahead. I hope you will enjoy it.

Sundance, GREAT job man! You are the best judge recruiter ever! It is highly likely that we will have 5 judges now (since everyone joined because of Dan Milligan lol).
    Read comics at:
    ANATTA, My webcomic!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance
    Natsch - Good points...I didn't really do any homework on the type and just slopped something on there. I originally had Comic Sans, but bleah
    Try a serif font. Goudy might work but could be a little too tame. Or something gothic looking like Agincourt.

looking forward to the next round!

Thanks
    Very cool! I wish I could have gotten down on this. Could have been a lot of fun. AmishCommy's stuff is awesome, love those fluid lines, man. I'm rootin' fer him!

Thanks
    great turnout from everyone,
    natch- tnx for the c&C considering this is a thunderdome I kinda want to keep my story under wraps for as long as possible + I"m still banging out details this weeks' wip should see a completely different' style as I feel out which medium I want to do this in , what style, etc.. Great stuff from everyone and WOW DSillustration! thats awesome!

Thanks
    foolish double post!

Thanks
    the rarely seen but often heard of TRIPPLE post! * I shouldn't have clicked three times as I impatiently waited for my post to show!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebzFree
    Very cool! I wish I could have gotten down on this. Could have been a lot of fun. AmishCommy's stuff is awesome, love those fluid lines, man. I'm rootin' fer him!
    You still can get a piece of the action!
    Read comics at:
    ANATTA, My webcomic!

Thanks
    great crit Nate, but i was expeting you to find something to pick on in mine. next time don't disapoint me.

Thanks
    threeeyes: I wouldn't mind it but I don't know if I'd be able to make the deadlines. I only have one day off in my week between school and work. I barely have time for homework and my own personal sketching as it is! Ha! Maybe we can have a second one sometime? Perhaps during the summer when things hopefully lighten up. Definately gets me interested in doing some panels tho. Nice stuff. Can't wait to see the outcome.