Thanks

Delirium @ Cirque du Soleil

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...bout_intro.htm

I had the chance to see the dressed rehersal of this new Show in Montreal. I haven't seen any other Cirque du Soleil shows but this one was pretty awesome despite some technical glitches (it's still a very young production.)

I saw things on stage that I never thought possible, not circus things but really set design, visual tricks, costumes, lighting, projections.

It's a great inspiration and if you can see it when they come to your town, I'm sure it'll make you want to paint for weeks.

Delirium @ Cirque du Soleil

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Damn, for a minute I thought the musical group Delerium was doing something with Cirque du Soleil. Still, looks cool. I've seen a bunch of their shows on TV, but still haven't managed to see one in person. Definately on my list of to do's though.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    im going to see this one week from today.
    thanks for the link.

i was a bit confused as to what "delirium" was...
    it looks like its not going to be a typical cirque du soleil performance,
    rather its more "musical".

am i correct in that?
    have you seen other performances, and was this as cool?
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    The friend who invited me has been working for le Cirque for 4 or 5 years and he has seen most of the shows. He told me this one was very very different. Very little actual highwire and circus stuff. It's very artsy with tons of projections, the musicians are very much on display, like they put the guitar players in hamster wheels suspended from tracks and things like that and costumed singers are all over the place.

No clowns.

This is not a show for kids and they will most probably get bored (like my friend's 5yo son)

The interactions between the live people and the projections are probably the best part of the show.

BTW, did you know that music in Cirque du Soleil shows is always performed live?

Thanks
    I saw the one in Downtown Disney about six years ago and was stunned. It was a visual and aural feast. I had to catch my breath after it was over, it was so well performed with such wonderful, frantic rhythm; visceral, soulful music; and sets and costumes to accentuate the motion and sound.

Enjoy.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    I saw Quidam in Copenhagen a few years ago, really cool stuff
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Well for anyone that absolutely wants to go, tickets are on pre-sale RIGHT HERE. A few of my coworkers here are excited. Grown men they say...

Thanks
    I saw the show and I was pretty much dissapointed. I haven't seen their other shows but from what I hear they did this one different from what they normally do. I really really wanted to like it but ... I think their other shows had much more interesting and well thought out concepts and music (I looked at the them on their website). The music in this one was dreadful, I wanted to cut off my ears (and way too loud). The visuals I loved and I thought they were quite stunning (although I found some of them quite cliche and cheesy). There was not much circus (as in acrobatics and feats etc) but alot of dancing and crappy singing. I didn't think that the choreography was that impressive (and believe me I know what I'm talking about having practically been born behind the curtains). I also thought that the concept was very loosely tied together (as in: there was just this guy in a balloon in several scenes, just floating above. Wth?). Anyway I wouldn't recommend this particular one, sorry guys.
    Last edited by LaPalida; February 2nd, 2006 at 11:19 PM.
    Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    i saw zumanity....LOVED IT..haha. laughed my ass off and never felt so out of shape in my life.

cool pic

j

Thanks
    I thought it had something to do with Eddie Murphy

Anywho. cool show, would like to see it someday

Thanks
    I saw some images of Cirque du Soleil and the costume designs and colors look great. I want to see this and see if it's any good when ever I get the chance. Hopefully I don't catch the crappy version that Lapalida saw.

Thanks
    Just got back from tonight's show. If we're just talking about the visual merits, two words: Mind Fucking Blowing. Ooops was that three.

We were in the nosebleed section, but it's actually optimal viewpoint to soak in the panoramic multimedia experience.

Anybody got info where we could check out storyboards or concepts? The art direction in this show is pretty intense.

Thanks
    I saw it in Winnipeg over the summer and it was amazing, really like how they used all sorts of media to make it appealing on a giant scale.

i give 4 1/2 out of 5.. good show and worth your money if yoou have it hah

Thanks
    Saw Drallion a few years back in the first row... I wanna marry me a hoop diver! Seriously, the shows never fail to amaze me, the costume designs, make up and lighting are just incredible. Some of the music gets a little too "Kitaro meets Philip Glass in the bad sort of way" for me, but the vocal talent (especially the lead "little" girl from Quidam) is fantastic.

...I wonder which shows are on the west coast...

Thanks
    No show on the west coast right now, but they change location about every month it shouldn't take too long.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/cirque...alldestination

Thanks
    I saw Dralion too a couple of years back. Wow Inspiration in a bucket!!! I loved it all, and i'm with steph! I want to marry a hoop diver too...yum!
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]