need help learning

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

need help learning

Hey,
    Im one of those guys who sketches for himself,id like to improve upon my sketchings(actually dying to).I have never actually coloured any of my sketchings before and would like it if someone could help me learn.Ive posted below a picture of my recent sketchings(incomplete as usual) and i would like to watch it evolve by seeing one of u real artists apply your imagination to it,i believe it will help me learn better,not sure if the anatomy of the image is right either would appreciate some comments

Will appreciate your help

Shake The Pillars Of Heaven!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Contrary to popular belief, just adding color to something doesn't make it better. Your best bet would be to get a book on how to draw (check amazon for some highly ranked ones) and stick to it.

Thanks
    okay,got any comments for my drawing above?.....ill be posting a few more of my works here,please do keep commenting and you may speak frankly

Last edited by forrestgump; January 30th, 2006 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Although your rendering of the character isn't really the best, I like that you already have a grasp of pose. Posing your subjects in an interesting way really helps breathe life into your art, but if they're not rendered realistically then they'll always appear way too cartoony.

You're going to have to learn about anatomy, line weight and lighting (what I consider the 3 main basics of drawing, though some would probably disagree) before you start adding colour and 'finishing' your compositions.

There are also many pinned topics around the forums that give quick lessons on line weight, value etc, so that's always a good place to start.

So, practice, experiment and post your sketches so we can steer you in the right direction.

Keep it up and happy drawing.

Thanks
    If will take a good deal of learning to become good at drawing from reference (life or picture). It will take a lot more to become good at drawing from your imagination because you need to have good understanding of anatomy, perspective and what not. Like Dogfood said, get a good book, or find some good tutorials on the web and learn the basics if concept drawing is your ambition.

Thanks
    Yea i gotta admit my previous drawing was kind of a mess but i had more of the colouring idea in my mind here is another piece of mine...its incomplete i still need to add in the sword

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.