Thread: using our brain

Thanks

using our brain

I'm on CA when I should be drawing, like the dudes in my avatar.

But what is it that makes you drink from the right side of the bottle? Because I know that its the right side and that I won't get anything from drinking from the wrong side and I'lllook like an idiot. But why can't we use this notion of intelligence for everyday situations?

I know I shouldn't be on CA because I aint going to get anything from it and to be on CA is to be an idiot. But I still do it. Why is that?

Coro told me I'm thinking too much when I could be doing the task, but what the fuck is it that doesn't let me get off of the damn computer and just goddamn well draw. I've opened continuous threads and I've came to the conclusion that practice is the only answer...

But I'm a lazy fucker and want to know just what the hell is it that MAKES you draw dammnit, what makes you do the right thing to the wrong thing. I'm DOING the wrong thing right now!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    thinking that the next workshop is in june and that i want to be able to show something.
    though i'm not drawing atm,as you see i'm posting on this useless thread.
    and after that i will hopefully go and enjoy a good drink with friends.
    and tomorrow when i wake up at 3 in the afternoon i will want it to be quiet and thus use only my pencil to create soft scratching sounds on paper.

edit: woke up at 5.
    Last edited by Carnifex; January 29th, 2006 at 01:26 PM.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    You have got to separate the two. I can't multi task drawing and something else. I say go to the bar and go balls out with the drinks one night. Wake up the next and and (after bursing your hangover) Draw your little heart away. It's very easy to be distracted. So just turn the monitor off and draw
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    I can't answer your question. After hours of pointless browsing and posting here, my brains are all mashed and degenerated.
    CA.org 's the most horrible drug I've ever been an addict of.

Thanks
    yeah what everyone else said, plus seeing as he is one of the guys in your avatar, thought I would quote this, might help you

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Djurdjevic
    Hmm,

I'm reading on this thread very often, that some of you dream about reaching the point of my skills. I'd like to comment on that. I really appreciate this attitude, as I think it is the only real way of improving one's art. Always look out for the best, ask yourself what separates you and what you could do to improve. I'm doing so constantly. But besides drawing every single day, in every free hour, there is another very important thing that conjures personal improval. Open yourself, look around you and start enjoying life as much as you enjoy drawing. Savor every moment, every impression, every excitement. Take bad days as lessons, and enjoy the smile of a friend, as if it was his last. It is so important to learn what life has to offer, to get expierence from the environments and persons surrounding you, from the situations happening to you. Fill your pictures with your life, draw, to learn how things function and live, to express yourself through your art. The more you see, the more you remember, the more you expierence the stronger your motives and ideas will be in the end. Love your life and don´t limit yourself to predjudices or taste, for it will open yourselves to the way of art. People who deny themselves are denying their art as well and will not improve.

Live!
    Learn!
    Do it the best you can!

Cheers
    -Marko
    sorry if you've already seen it

cheers

Thanks
    Blog,
    (oversimplified but ) parts of your brain involved in sitting on the couch is the same part that is involved with hunger/satiety, sex drive, temperature etc.
    It dousn't care if you are creative, it only wants to satisfy basic needs. It only wants to be comfortable.

Going beyond this requires getting out of your comfort zone.
    Now are you going to let some hunk of reptile brain buried in your skull determine your life or are you going to be something better?

Thanks
    Carnifex: Why did you reply again?

Interceptor: It takes will power to turnoff the monitor though, and my laxiness and procrastination is a LOT stronger than my will power and dtermination.

Shinryu: thanks for that, yeah enjoying your life for all its details is certainely something that my brain doesn't let me do. Its like my fekkin brain has a mind of its own aaaaaarrrrrrrggh

Craig D: This is more of the kind of reply I wanted as it explains in some dpth the psychological reasons behind the action.

2nd question. Why is our will power so weak and how can we allow it to become a stronger and more dfining part of our brains actions? My imaginationis a lot stronger as it allows me to see the bad things as good and the good things as bad. Ya see what I'm saying?

Thanks
    It all comes down to keeping a focus on your goals and not letting the world around you comfort you into distraction.

The hardest part is just starting. If you can gather the will power to turn off the computer, the TV, the phone, (the wife) and all the other shite and just sit down with a pencil and sketchbook in hand then you've already done 50% of the work.

If you can't gather the will power to do that than you need to sit down and have a lil talk with yourself.

Thanks
    Yeah, I definetly need to live life more...however the expense of attending college kind of keeps me from letting loose. Anyway, blog-- ask to be banned for 6 months, come back afterwards and show us what you've done.

Thanks
    well damn! That sounds like one hell of a solution man! I might jus try that out lol!!! Jus so I can't post, yeah great idea, more of should do this. It could be an honourable act and we could be the 'intentionally banned movement'!

I've found a technique though, its a spinning technique I watched on a fat busting programme, by a world leading hypnotist called Paul Mckenna. It actually works lol! And it got me drawing. It involves making a dislikeness and a likeness. So you can create a likeness for drawing and a dislikeness for CA. Tis great!

*considers getting banned for 6 months*

Thanks
    Could you email me that technique? Or Pm or just tell it here?

Thanks
    turn off your computer, that's all it takes.

Thanks
    http://www.skyone.co.uk/Mckenna/

look around and tell me what you think guys, the spinning technique works. I f you just do it, ha

Thanks
    "Paul Mckenna will make you thin."
    Couldn't read beyond that, sorry.

I agree with Craig.
    Take over your primal instincts like an alien dominating a feeble human mind for higher purpouses.
    Erm, ok, he didn't say that. Anyway, that's the idea.

Thanks
    lol at Craig D, I know its cheezy lol but I'm guessing its named that to get more viewers lol.

heres the technique, and even though its a bit weird lol, it does work lol!

This amazing technique for changing feelings was developed by the genius creator of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Dr Richard Bandler. It works on a very simple principle – that all feelings start in one place in the body and move in a particular direction. Through this simple imagination exercise, it becomes easy to reverse the direction of the feeling, reducing and eliminating it.
    Step 1

Put your attention in your body.

Step 2

Think about your favourite food and notice where the feeling of hunger starts (it will almost certainly begin in your tummy and move up towards your mouth).

Step 3

Imagine taking this feeling out of your body and seeing it spin in front of you like a wheel.

Step 4

Now, imagine what colour it is and change the colour.

Step 5

Now, turn the wheel upside down so it's spinning in the opposite direction in front of you and pull it back into you.

Step 6

Continue spinning the feeling in the opposite direction so it moves down through your throat into your chest and tummy.

Step 7

Spin it faster and faster until the feeling begins to reduce and then eventually disappears.

I need to ry it out right now actually...lol!

edit: I tried it out, I'm about to cross the CA window, put the computer to sleep and do some life drawing...rofl my fekkin mao it works!

Thanks
    **Smacks Blog at the back of the head**

GET BACK TO DRAWING!!
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cotron
    turn off your computer, that's all it takes.
    What he said ^ thats all it takes.

Thanks
    Turn the computer... off? Is that safe?
    Could we just turn off the monitor and pretend the computer is off?

I realy did think like that a while back.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blog
    I'm on CA when I should be drawing, like the dudes in my avatar.

But what is it that makes you drink from the right side of the bottle? Because I know that its the right side and that I won't get anything from drinking from the wrong side and I'lllook like an idiot. But why can't we use this notion of intelligence for everyday situations?

I know I shouldn't be on CA because I aint going to get anything from it and to be on CA is to be an idiot. But I still do it. Why is that?

Coro told me I'm thinking too much when I could be doing the task, but what the fuck is it that doesn't let me get off of the damn computer and just goddamn well draw. I've opened continuous threads and I've came to the conclusion that practice is the only answer...

But I'm a lazy fucker and want to know just what the hell is it that MAKES you draw dammnit, what makes you do the right thing to the wrong thing. I'm DOING the wrong thing right now!!

Seriously I dont think you are doing anything wrong by browsing CA, drawing is something that you want to do not something that you have to so obviously now its not the right time to draw if you feel like browsing CA, continue to do that until you are ready to draw no matter how long it takes, anyways are you even sure that you do want to draw at all, if not, maybe you should do something else if that is the case then ask yourself what is it that you would like to do then do that yes I know its hilarious but this is what I would say, sometimes I dont feel like drawing I browse CA when ever I get the right sparkle of motivation I draw, but its not like I should feel terrible quilt or condemnation because as if other people are doing so much more than me and Im such a looser, we all have our own lives and things to do and you do yours at your own pace and cant really compete with others you know ?
    look I dont know why I love you I just do

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blog
    http://www.skyone.co.uk/Mckenna/

look around and tell me what you think guys, the spinning technique works. I f you just do it, ha

Okay, Im actually receiving newsletters from Paul Mckenna so I feel the urge to say a word or two about it, I have to admit that it appears like a fun statement itself that "Paul Mckenna will make you slim" How can he make me slim it will be me myself who makes me slim, but at the same time, sometimes we people find ourselves locked up in a situation and we cant seem to meet the right people in our real life to give the right advices, and nobody can live alone we all need other people to give us new ideas etc so to me, his advices cannot be bad if they are positive but are very motivational besides I really really like his smiling fatherly kind face, he is so cute
    look I dont know why I love you I just do