Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: explosivelimes sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink explosivelimes sketchbook

Hello there,

I've been browsing the conceptart forums for a long time, I've just never taken the time to register before. Until today. I thought a good place for me to start would be to create a sketchbook. I have a website where I always post my work to: explosivelimes.com

Browsing these forums has always inspired me to improve my concepting abilities through drawing and sketching. My main tools are design markers and ink pens. I use mechanical pencils every now and then as well. Since I have a part time job at Hollywood I rent a lot of movies, and lately have been drawing from them. I will post those soon. For now here are my latest pages from one of my sketchbooks. Critiques and comments are more than welcome! Enjoy!

~ Jeff

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by eXplosiveLimes; January 22nd, 2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: removed dead image links
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome, glad to have you aboard man, joining conceptarts sketchbook has really helped me improve as an artist. Your work it is good stuff man, I like your first two pages the best. Keep em coming man, glad to have you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally got a scanner. So here's a fresh batch of sketches I've done while watching some recent movies. The last page are just some random girls done with markers and ink. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool sketches here. You have a nice cartoony style. Keep em comin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have some really nice sketches here, lime, I look forward to seeing more.

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you both! I hope this isn't too much, but I really am liking my scanner here and I wanted to post a sketch I did earlier today, and another I finished about 15 minutes ago. Marker and Sharpie. On the second scan, the guy sitting down on the left is some random dude who goes to my college. The big nosed freak is just plain. . .odd. I think he's pretty rad though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a busy week. I've been working on a few new things, but mostly photography. I have some sketches I did a few days back at a local mall in my mole skin sketchbook that I thought I would share. Enjoy!

And in case you're wondering, sometimes I sketch in church. That's what those few notes are from. I know it souds strange, but it actually helps me stay alert.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's another small update. These were drawn only yesterday! The second page I scribbled while watching behind the scenes footage of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I noticed that most of my sketches only show the front and profile view of people. I picked up on that and tried drawing some strange things from differing views. I've also been using markers alot and thought that today would be a good day to work in pencil. Critiques are more than welcome! I don't believe there is any other way to improve unless I get opinions from someone other than myself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff, I like your style!

frogandbam.com
    frogandbam.com
    sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...=1#post2075513

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been sick the past few days with nothing to do but lay in bed and watch movies. I did happen to pick up a sharpie and a couple design markers a few times. Here are the results of those endevours:

When I was younger me and a few of my brothers used to draw comics and try to sell them to other kids we knew. Only one of us was sucessfull in actually selling them, but we all enjoyed the drawing part anyway. This is the first (partial) comic I have drawn in a very long time. Hopefully it won't be too long before I draw another.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really awesome linework, I love how you vary the weight of your lines, and I absolutely love the self-portrait

if I could offer any advice it would be to study some more anatomy, Loomis would probably be most helpful to your style of drawing. More understanding of understructure of figures would really help bring your characters and concepts to a new level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks! I understand my anatomy needs a bit of work. I did bookmark a website a while back that had a bunch of Loomis' books available to browse online. Could be a good time to revisit that site.

*edit*
    Looks like they've taken the books offline because they're now available to purchase again! Too bad I'm a poor college student and can't shell out $145 for an anatomy book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, real good start on this SB. Your linework is terrific, they've got a nice sense of weight. All of the work is really clean, but I wouldn't mind seeing what you could come up with if you just loosened up a little bit. Your marker work is good too, i've just started working with them again, i'll be coming back here as a jumping off point. Just show us some more man! And feel better dude! Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess this is my attempt a loosening up a bit. I took a 4B pencil and just let 'er rip. Uh, I guess. The first page looks horrible to me. The second I was trying to come up with different ways of drawing birds for a friends of mine. The third page is all the random stuff that was stuck in my head somewhere and needed a place to live, so I gave it a page in my sketchbook. I wouldn't really call these loose, but they were drawn so much faster than any of my other stuff. Anyway, enjoy and critique away! Oh yeah, and I am feeling much better, thanks Zord. My brain is still a bit fuzzy, but that's usually normal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a few more from the past couple of days. The first two I drew while sitting in my car during a photo assignment which took about 2.5 hours that didn't quite turn out that way I hoped it would. It was a night time shot of a building. We were supposed to get three exposures, one of the sunset sky behind the building, one exposed for the building itself, then another when it was dark out of the lights coming on the building. Later we would take these photos into Photoshop and blend them together. Mine almost turned out alright. Here it is:

But anywho while I was waiting in the car with my camer on a tripod aimed at this building of course I brought my sketchbook and there you have it.

...and I think it's just a rule that every artist must have a drawing of some kind of a soldier dude with a ridiculously large sword in his hand, keeping with this tradition is this sketch:

The last two pages were drawn from movies. The girl is some random person that was only on the screen for a whole of 5 seconds. The two dudes were having some sort of interview. Comments? Critiques? Rocks? All are welcome...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my SB...

Nice sketches in here.
    Really nice cartoony style.. I like the clean lines in a lot of these...

Your soldier dude has a tiny head/huge hand... but, how else to hold the ginormous sword, right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's way too early. (1:51 AM) I should really be in bed. But first some sketches...

The man of five faces, was drawn from five (or more) different faces I saw during tonight's movie sketch exercise. The rest are just various split second poses from the film.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man I like your style alot, as for crits though, the older mans face eyes are too high (the one on the latest post), generally the top of the ears line up with the brow line. Eyes are normally in the middle of the face. Though most of your other drawings dont have that problem, so maybe you were doing it that way cause thats how you wanted it. I figured Id mention it anyway! Nice work though I like the rest of your stuff, keep this thread updated!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, thanks Nate. Yeah I know his face looks odd, but he's the one that I took bits of pieces of other men's faces and put them all into one. Maybe I wasn't too clear on that point in my last post. He's the man of five (or more) faces mentioned. That's probably why parts of him don't exactly match up correctly. Oh, and the clothes on the same man were drawn from different characters at different times throughout the movie as well. I did like the eventual outcome though, I was pretty well pleased with that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work, your ideas seem to be very cohesive and you seem to have developed u\your own style. work on figure drawing.

Hello I AM A WATER COLOURIST FROM FREDERICK OKLAHOMA, I AM 15YRS OLD AND I AM THE APPRENTICE OF LARRY GREER...FOR MORE INFO ON MY ART AND SUCH E-MAIL ME.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your stile, but maybe u should try to draw some real humans Peace

Check put my schetchbook if you please
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61551

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Waterman, and T-Raktor. Good suggestion. I will definitly work harder at my figures. Thanks!

Here are my latest pages from my sketchbook. Have I told any of you that I'm taking three photography courses this semester? I've been really busy taking photos lately, and because of all the photo work I'm doing I haven't been able to sketch as much as I would like. I'll try and change that. Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrighty, a couple more...Trying to loosen up a bit. A rough charcoal sketch, and the drawing of yoda started unintentionally, and with his nose. Weird.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a couple more sketchbook pages for you viewing pleasure. I've been feeling good about my losse sketches lately and I'm trying to keep up the loose feel, then going in an working out some details. I am also going to try and work on some digital painting, and sketching now that I've ordered myself a wacom tablet. We'll see how that goes. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Funny creatures.Keep draw more your fantasy is good and just learn some anatomy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ganbat-Bad. I may just be taking a trip to Border's tonight to search for some good anatomy study material. I got my Wacom today and have been 'testing' it out for the past hour. These are some quick sketches, mind you I haven't used a Wacom seriously in a very long time, like alost a year I think? I really need to work on my anatomy and I hope to seriousl crack down on it in the next few months, years, however long it takes:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last night I bought How to Draw the Human Figure An Anatomical Approach by Louise Gordon. I had a small chance to study it and make some quick sketches. Here are my results so far. Mind you this is only an hour or so worth of working seriously on anatomy. I have a very long way to go. I'm sure this will become a life-long pursuit to perfect this, but I hope to make a good start here and now. Critiques?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another hour, another two studies...

I haven't quite gotten to the muscle structure yet, still figuring out how the bones work together first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Large dump here. Should have spread this out across a few days, but I got busy so here it is all at once! HA!

Meh, still a lot of work ahead of me. I like the fact that I can now draw with confidence a 3/4 head. That's cool. Oh and by the way, 'The Company' is a great flick and good to watch if you're interested in understanding how the body moves.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.