Kev Crossley Guest

Another Newbie, another intro!!!

Hi all!! I was pointed here to Conceptart.org by some of my work mates, and what a cool site!!! Had a browse, and loved a lot of the competition art.... I'm looking forward to getting in contact with some of you peeps, but if you want a lookie at the sort of stuff I've been up to recently, check out my web site at: http://kevcrossley.com and once you get past my guard dog, have a look at some of my folders! If you like Aliens, Vampires, Orcs and......... dogs (!) you might enjoy it!
    Okay, that's it for now, look forward to any opinions!!!!!

Kev

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,434 Times in 2,935 Posts
    nice work!

welcome aboard

j

Thanks
    very, very (!!!) nice work!

Thanks
    GULP! :eek:

I would say your work is predestinated for Thunderdome Round 3...

Kev Crossley Guest
    Thunderdome 3 here I come!!! Looks like there's some stiff competition here too, which is great!!! So many cool artists on this forum... why have I never found a forum before???:evilbat:

Thanks
    well just felt like letting you know that i visit your site at least 3 times a day.

Kev Crossley Guest
    Wowzers!!! Cheers dude!!! I'm assuming you like some of it then!!! At the moment I'm working on a painting for a Tolkien competition, (entitled The Black Gate Opens) then after that I'm gonna do something for Thunderdome Round 3!!! THAT will be FUN!

Kev...

PS... doncha just love this bat thing......:evilbat:

Thanks
    BTW, Kev..I sent you the first art description Good to see you posting here
    Shawn Muder
    President of Realms of Evil Games D20

Thanks
    Hey kev,

I went out to your site. Loved your alien paintings! I have that same alien fetish just never parlayed it into so much lovely work. Your talent with watercolor is immense (I assume it is watercolor and not painter).

Not much else to say, just keep doing those alien paintings.

Jon foster

Kev Crossley Guest

Aliens!

:beer:

Hi Jon.... yeah, all these Alien pix are painted using water colours and white goache for the high lights.. although the oldest ones, (The ones that look a bit 'muddy') were done with really cheap water colours and goache. A few years ago I discovered that high grade artists paint has superb colour quality that stays brighter and keeps it's vibrancy even when you mix them quite brutally.

I've not actually done any serious computer painted art yet, as I'm trying to improve my traditional technique as much as possible, although I've seen some of the work my mates have done, purely using the computer, and it boggles the brain! Amazing if you know what you're doing!!! So for the moment, I'm sticking with what I can do...... and no worries, that'll always include the odd homage to my fave movie monster..... although I now have a fondness for Balrogs and orcs after watching Fellowship Of The Ring!!!!:p

Thanks
    great to have you aboard man. and may i say that your work is simply fantastic.

heh at least i now know i'm not alone at trying to improve traditional skills, b4 going to computer. even i got to admit, its tempting and i have done it a few times, just not very successfully..

but your texturing and eye to detail with those pencils in the tolkien section (just as a highlight) are simply incredible.

like u i'm glad someone pointed me to forums.. definitly a wealth of knowledge

welcome aboard