Thanks

Metal Gear Solid: Official Thread

I can't believe no one has started a thread on this game yet !!
    considering that it is the best game ever!!
    The reason I started this thread was to talk about anything and everything about MGS. gossip, stories, flaws, etc... And this game has one of the best concept artists out there. Yoji Shinkawa!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    might wanna start with that best game ever thing

that and a flame shield

Thanks
    I liked the part where you shot an elderly man in the back with a shotgun
    Sketchbook comment and I'll be your best friend.

Devart...meh...

RSAD class of 2011, yay.

Thanks
    im a huge fan ! but even I wouldnt consider it "the best" game out there....this prize goes to half-Life by vote
    But I think the Cutszenes were thje best ever...in every Part of MGS ! So cinematic I hope Guns of the Patriots will continue that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Oh slap a cleveland steamer on it. Its got the story, the fantasy, the reality, and the character develpment. What else could you ask for?!!?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Brakiachi
    What else could you ask for?!!?
    Gray Fox

Metal Gear Solid: Official Thread
    Sketchbook comment and I'll be your best friend.

Devart...meh...

RSAD class of 2011, yay.

Thanks
    uhhh jeah ! nothing beats Fox

I wish they would remake the old metalgear series (back where it was still 2d-Gameboy grafix ^^)..i mean = Fight Snakevs. BigBoss....Beating GreyFox in a Minefield ... THAT would be awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Nice render of Gray. I love him!

In my opinion, these games were prolonged movies that I could play. The voice acting wasn't too bad either! MSG series is the best. Can't wait for MGS 4!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I quite like the designs for the GameBoy version. The Metal Gear is crazy.

There's some really nice sculpts/figures too, the big-green-jacket guy is neat.

There's a paper model of Metal Gear Rex out there floating on the web (I think it came with some E3 material or maybe a game).
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    yeah, the whole Metal Gear series is one of my favorites. I always play through them in a good two days of solid (pardon the pun) gaming.

I would say Kojima is probably my favorite designer out there. Right up there with Miyamoto, and Ueda. I love the way he packages his games, every aspect is thoroughly thought out, and presented with tons and tons of depth and cleverness. I think Solid 1 and 3 are kinda ties for my personal favorite in the series. they seemed to have the least amount of B-movie cheese spriknled throughout them.

Thanks
    there has actually been talk of the remakes of MG 1 & 2, for the PS3. The only thing that got to me was that they made twin snakes for the game cube, but not the PS2.

Thanks
    Anyone read the comic book, it's the concept ot metal gear solid (the first pc version), and it's sweet. Loved it soo much that I finally got the game

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus|ANJ
    I quite like the designs for the GameBoy version. The Metal Gear is crazy.

There's some really nice sculpts/figures too, the big-green-jacket guy is neat.

There's a paper model of Metal Gear Rex out there floating on the web (I think it came with some E3 material or maybe a game).

It was E3 material for Snake Eater. I wish I got one ;(
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    anyone played Metal Gear Acid? actually one of my favorite MGS games in the series. by far the most twisted story of them all. At more than a few times I've what-the-fucked my psp.

I was a bit turned off by the turned based gameplay, but now i've grown to love it. it works suprisingly well in the MGS series, and actually adds to the suspense. Overall, by far worth the 20 bucks i spent on it. Aaaaand MGAII comes out next month. ftw.

Thanks
    You can find a downloadable zip file of the metal gear rex papercraft model in the first post of this link, as well as a plethora of other really cool papercraft models.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/v...c.php?t=212207

You can all thank me later.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate of Fate
    anyone played Metal Gear Acid? actually one of my favorite MGS games in the series. by far the most twisted story of them all. At more than a few times I've what-the-fucked my psp.

I was a bit turned off by the turned based gameplay, but now i've grown to love it. it works suprisingly well in the MGS series, and actually adds to the suspense. Overall, by far worth the 20 bucks i spent on it. Aaaaand MGAII comes out next month. ftw.

I dont even know the story to MGA. I consider myself a huge fane of MGS yet I haven'r even played the game MGA. Part of the reason is that i dont own a PSP.

Could you tell me the stroy line to MGA, does it tie into the other MGS stories?

Thanks
    it sort of ties in with the other games, but only on one plane. The game is a turn based strategy game, sort of like FFT or Vandal Hearts. Each action is done through cards. you enter a mission with a deck of cards you created and employ them to do whatever you need to do. Theres different kinds of cards for each different action, like action cards, weapon cards, item cards, equiptment, characters, and support. The way MGA ties into the other MGSes is that there are different 'packs' of cards that you can find or buy. Theres an MGS pack, an MGS2 pack, a Chronicles pack (from the older days of metal gear), and an MGS3 pack. Each pack has things from their respective game. It really doesnt change much, but the nostalgia is fun. You first start with only the MGS pack, but as you progress you unlock other decks.

As far as the story goes, its completely different than any of the other MGSes. Heres the official run down:
    The year 2016 -- the United States of America.

Jumbo jet flight number 326 flying at an altitude of 35,000 feet gets hijacked by those unknown.
    They have used the muscle relaxant Vecuronium Bromide -- a chemical that could be lethal if inhaled excessively.
    Among the 517 passengers who are taken hostage in the cabin filled with Vecuronium Bromide is Senator Hach -- a man rumored to become the next United States President.

In the meantime on Lobito Island of the Moloni Republic in southern Africa... Inside the Lobito Physics and Chemistry Laboratory compound guarded by a mysterious armed force is a man standing.

His name is Solid Snake.

The hijackers of flight 326 are making only one request -- the handing over of "Pythagoras".
    The United States work on identifying the hijackers and determining what the mysterious "Pythagoras" is and soon finds out that it is the name of a project on which research is conducted on Lobito Island.

The Moloni government is reluctant to cooperate, saying that it does not want any interference in its domestic affairs. Losing its patience, the US government sends in its special forces operation HRT, but the force gets attacked by the armed force there. All communications are lost.
    With all of what is going on, contents of the classified research at the Lobito Physics and Chemistry Laboratory are about to be revealed.

With things in a deadlock, the US government decides to make use of its last resort -- the already retired legendary mercenary Solid Snake. There is not much time left till the time limit. Solid Snake's new battle begins at the secret lab on the mysterious and enchanting island.
    without spoiling too much, Snakes mission leads him on a very unpredictable path full of treachery, deception, the supernatural, doublecrosses, kidnappers, brainwashing, and dopplegangers. MGA is by far the most bizzarre of the MGS stories. Theres alot of sudden twists in the story that throw you completely off guard. Theres also quite a bit that wont make fucksworth of sense at first, but then as events unfold it'll all come crashing together. again, a must play for anyone remotely interested in the genre.

Thanks
    that games sounds cool enough just to buy the psp for !

Thanks
    A yo El do you know if yoji has his own site the showcases his talents. I know about that Hideo Blog but you only get so far into MGS. And that MGS4 is gonna rule the universe

Thanks
    The Art concept style rulez!
    Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WBear_Necessities
    A yo El do you know if yoji has his own site the showcases his talents. I know about that Hideo Blog but you only get so far into MGS. And that MGS4 is gonna rule the universe
    yes I was aware of his site. What you should do is check out some of his artbooks. Expensive I know, but well worth it.