Thanks

Anyone use a Logitech MX1000?

I got a question for you. I am running Windows XP service pack2, and i just purchased the Logitech MX1000. however the mouse randomly (eratically) skips or jumps to the top of the screen or left of the screen. I've tried the following:

1.) Installed the software it came with.
    2.) Un-installed the software (cause someone i know who has the same mouse had problems with his and when he un-installed the software it stopped haveing problems.)
    3.) Turned off the "Enhance Pointer Precission" as per instruction of Logitech's forum.
    4.) Brought the reciever closer to the mouse.
    5.) tried 2 or 3 different mouse pads.

I cant think of anything else i can do. I will note this, perhaps its just this particuliar mouse, because i purchased it at Best Buy as an "Open Package" so it was cheaper...but it was already opened, meaning it was either a return or demo version. But i figured i'd ask and see if anyone else had some suggestions before i return it and fork over even more dough for a mouse...or just give up and buy something really cheap.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    are you plugged directly into a USB port? if so, try using the serial adapter that came with it...should fix your problem. its a known issue with the first generation ...hope it works for ya
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skank
    are you plugged directly into a USB port? if so, try using the serial adapter that came with it...should fix your problem. its a known issue with the first generation ...hope it works for ya
    thanks i will definatly try that!

Thanks
    I Have a logitech but I'm not sure of the number. I often have the same problem. I don't have an adaptor for mine so it's straight usb.

I think i've isolated the probelm to be linked to my graphics tablet. I think the two conflict in some way. I've found that if I unplug the tablet then it fixes it. But then I have to plug it back in and reload photoshop so that it registers the pressure sensitivity.

I don't know if you have a graphics tablet but if you do it may be linked to that.

Hope this helps.
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitum
    I Have a logitech but I'm not sure of the number. I often have the same problem. I don't have an adaptor for mine so it's straight usb.

I think i've isolated the probelm to be linked to my graphics tablet. I think the two conflict in some way. I've found that if I unplug the tablet then it fixes it. But then I have to plug it back in and reload photoshop so that it registers the pressure sensitivity.

I don't know if you have a graphics tablet but if you do it may be linked to that.

Hope this helps.
    I do have a graphics tablet...a wacom graphire 4X6. hmmm perhaps i should try that, next.

Thanks
    Also i tried useing the ps/2 adapter thingy and it didnt work. it didnt work at all...even though it gets powered cause i plugged in an optical mouse i had, and it lit up, but the cursor wouldnt move with the ps/2. so yeah still no workies...this is a pain to figure out. :/

Thanks
    well i dis-connected my tablet...and its still acting up. >_< worse then before it seems. i just dont get it...i cant win. this is the second mouse i've purchased within a month's time. the first was a microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse wireless...i forget the exact model, and it took me 15 minutes to set it up, and after a 5 to 10 minute idle time it messed up and reset its setting. there was too much interference apperantly.

the thing is, my brother has a Kensington Pilot wireless, and his has worked flawlessly. O.o; but the first mouse i bought would have too much interference and this one skips all over the place. i dont get it at all. mind you there are 4 computers in this room. (and a large floresent bulb.) if its intereference then why isnt it affecting his?

Thanks
    I have heard that the interference with the receiver can cause the mouse pointer jumps, make sure there are no speakers, cell phones, cordless phones, ect nearby.

Unfortunately many people returned mx 1000s for this exact problem. If you bought an opened one you probably have a defective mouse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I got a MS mouse (optical) and it warps around too, often to a corner. It also starts drifting by itself sometimes.

This is because of the mouse pad I think. Try using one without a texture/pic?

Or, optical mice just sucks.

Actually, I also have a logitech MX 1000, but it came with an american power supply so I had to use a custom one that I carefully set to the right Volt/Milliampere... I guess a resistor exploded cuz I heard a *POP!* then it started to smell funny. I put it in a trash electronics box.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Another thing I have found is that the signal strugles to pass through virtualy any obstacle. So if you have one of those desks with the mouse on a draw underneath or something else in the way it might be interfearing.

Hope you get it fixed soon, it's really anyoying when stuff like this happens.
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    sorry youre having so many problems =(
    both me and my friend use them and the adapter worked for both of us.
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Its alright. i returned it, and bought a Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000. it was on sale for 50 bucks, does almost the same thing as the logitech...and so far so good. it seems to be working. thanks for everything guys!