Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hard to say anything that hasnt been said yet, but uhm. Holy crap.

!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks so much Radavies13, Christopher, mufizal and Kilh! You guys are super-duper swell!

......I sincerely mean that by the way! I'm just trying to find new ways of saying "Thank You!".
    I figured I'd go a little "Andy Griffin Show" on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mufizal View Post
    Hi Troy.
    I cant believe im doing this but....
    Looking at the Hulk pics again . I saw something that
    I think.err umm you can kinda fix...

His Left Leg where hi quads meets his umm torso can use
    a little more volume. looks a bit sunken at the moment. esp
    the pic of his profile.
    But please ignore me if you already know ..

Mufizal
    HA! Dude, why in the world would you be so hesitant to give me some C&C? Seriously,
    I hope I don't put off some kind of sculpting prima-donna vibe or anything!

Honestly, critiques themselves NEVER bother me in the least. The only thing that occasionally
    does bother me is the way that they're presented. There's a straightforward, but polite way
    to critique your fellow artists (as you did here), and a complete douche-bag way of offering
    your opinion. Some people just lack that basic social etiquette and throw rude, unhelpful remarks
    at you and then hide behind the BS facade of "I'm just being honest. Don't be so sensitive!".

OH MAN, do I hate those a-holes!

.....wow. You really tapped into one of my big pet peeves here Mufizal. Can ya tell?

Okay, back to the piece and your feedback! First let me say that you are 100% ABSOLUTELY
    correct! There is no doubt that that part of his anatomy is jacked up! You're actually not
    the first person to bring this to my attention, and it makes me feel good that people are
    paying that close of attention to this particular sculpt.

I have to say though, in my defense, that this was actually something I did on purpose. My plan
    was to cook "naked" Hulk first and then add the pants last. Because I still had to add the pants,
    I knew that that particular area was going to require a lot of wrinkling/bunching up of the material
    and i wanted to make sure that there was plenty of room for all the creases and valleys that
    I'd be adding in. I figured I could add some bulk with the pants and I was worried that if I filled
    it in more now, once I added all the pants wrinkles and whatnot, he'd end up looking a little too
    bulky in that specific area and I didn't want to have to go back and chip and chisel baked sculpey.

All of that being said, don't ever be afraid to throw some C&C at me! We should all be trying to
    keep each other honest, and if I can't take a little criticism, I really shouldn't be doing this in
    the first place.

Thanks again Mufizal and everybody else!

Troy

http://www.themcdevittstudio.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    "It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool." - Calvin, Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Thanks so much Radavies13, Christopher, mufizal and Kilh! You guys are super-duper swell!

......I sincerely mean that by the way! I'm just trying to find new ways of saying "Thank You!".
    I figured I'd go a little "Andy Griffin Show" on this one.

HA! Dude, why in the world would you be so hesitant to give me some C&C? Seriously,
    I hope I don't put off some kind of sculpting prima-donna vibe or anything!

Honestly, critiques themselves NEVER bother me in the least. The only thing that occasionally
    does bother me is the way that they're presented. There's a straightforward, but polite way
    to critique your fellow artists (as you did here), and a complete douche-bag way of offering
    your opinion. Some people just lack that basic social etiquette and throw rude, unhelpful remarks
    at you and then hide behind the BS facade of "I'm just being honest. Don't be so sensitive!".

OH MAN, do I hate those a-holes!

.....wow. You really tapped into one of my big pet peeves here Mufizal. Can ya tell?

Okay, back to the piece and your feedback! First let me say that you are 100% ABSOLUTELY
    correct! There is no doubt that that part of his anatomy is jacked up! You're actually not
    the first person to bring this to my attention, and it makes me feel good that people are
    paying that close of attention to this particular sculpt.

I have to say though, in my defense, that this was actually something I did on purpose. My plan
    was to cook "naked" Hulk first and then add the pants last. Because I still had to add the pants,
    I knew that that particular area was going to require a lot of wrinkling/bunching up of the material
    and i wanted to make sure that there was plenty of room for all the creases and valleys that
    I'd be adding in. I figured I could add some bulk with the pants and I was worried that if I filled
    it in more now, once I added all the pants wrinkles and whatnot, he'd end up looking a little too
    bulky in that specific area and I didn't want to have to go back and chip and chisel baked sculpey.

All of that being said, don't ever be afraid to throw some C&C at me! We should all be trying to
    keep each other honest, and if I can't take a little criticism, I really shouldn't be doing this in
    the first place.

Thanks again Mufizal and everybody else!
    Point taken buddy.
    I will be less hesitant in the future
    But honestly speaking. I truly believe you know exactly what you're doing.
    As proven here. Thats why i was hesitant.

Mufizal

Being Happy is Nice

Thanks

KARMA from the New Mutants team

Hey folks! Well, Magma is finished, but the client wants to wait until she's
    cast in tinted resin before we post pics.

In the meantime, heeeeeeere's KARMA!

The Hulk - FINISHED!! (POST #876)

Troy

"It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool." - Calvin, Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons

Thanks
    Troy.... I hate you and admire you at the same time!!! lol

Seriously though m8, so many insprational pieces here, its a credit to you that you still take the time to post pics for us to dribble over.

I still really want to see that first hulk painted up, truly awesome work and one of my fav's.

Oh yeah..completely with you on the crit business, one of my pet peeves also, you dont see it so much on this forum, but it can be quite ripe on others. Why cant people show a little respect,...oh god dont get me started!!

Take Care m8

Earhole Bongsplat

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongsplat View Post
    Troy.... I hate you and admire you at the same time!!! lol
    What he said.

2 years of stalking (from a safe distance anyway) and your speed still scares me.
    Magma's looking awesome - as always!

Thanks
    First let me gush....

Man - you are an inspiration. I am a small scale sculptor (28mm stuff - I'll be posting my work soon) but looking at your thread has driven me to decide that I will give the Sculpey a try. The amount of amazing work you put out is nothing short of superhuman.

Now a tiny crit...

It may just be me but it strikes me as odd that Karma's suit would have folds between her boobs but none behind her boobs or under her arms. Such a minor thing but....

Thanks for this thread!

Thanks
    The demon sculpture already looks like its going to be awesome.
    Fantastic likeness on Locke, kind of makes me feel they weren't bobble-head proportioned.

Hey, how do you make the circular bases with skulls on them or whatever? Do you buy the bases pre-made?

Thanks
    Thanks everybody! As always, you're all too kind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryminysakes View Post
    First let me gush....

Man - you are an inspiration. I am a small scale sculptor (28mm stuff - I'll be posting my
    work soon) but looking at your thread has driven me to decide that I will give the Sculpey
    a try. The amount of amazing work you put out is nothing short of superhuman.

Now a tiny crit...

It may just be me but it strikes me as odd that Karma's suit would have folds between her
    boobs but none behind her boobs or under her arms. Such a minor thing but....

Thanks for this thread!

Thanks Cryminysakes, that's extremely nice of you. I hope you have good luck with the
    Sculpey and larger scale pieces.

As far as your crit, you're absolutely right regarding the folds and stretch of the material.
    My only excuse is that, in order to make a halfway decent living doing this, I have to work
    at a pretty fast pace, and that often allows errors like this to slip through. I do my best to
    get as much as I can right, but misses like this are unfortunate, but almost unavoidable.
    Thanks for the feedback though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post
    Hey, how do you make the circular bases with skulls on them or whatever?
    Do you buy the bases pre-made?
    Ha! Don't I wish!! No, they're pretty much all scratch-built. I'm constantly on the lookout,
    wherever I go, for anything that I might be able to use for a base. Toys, hardware, electronic
    components, salt & pepper shakers,.....almost anything. With the skull base, I made a few
    resin copies from a skull mold I had and just attached them to a random, cobbled-together
    base I had up on the shelf. Easy-cheesy.

Troy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    far as your crit, you're absolutely right regarding the folds and stretch of the material.
    My only excuse is that, in order to make a halfway decent living doing this, I have to work
    at a pretty fast pace, and that often allows errors like this to slip through. I do my best to
    get as much as I can right, but misses like this are unfortunate, but almost unavoidable.
    Thanks for the feedback though.
    Well - it certainly doesn't detract from the skill of your work and I also understand from a commission perspective as well as I have just completed my first sculpting commission - I could have worked and reworked them forever if I had had the time. Looking forward to more posts pictures from you!!

Thanks
    Kia ora Troyboy your da man totally inspired started sculpting because of you completed the hulk and have started Judge Dredd, thanks man you are inspirational

Thanks
    Gone! Gone! The form of man, rise the SCULPT Etrigan!!!

Troy

Thanks
    Jeesh, Troyboy - I love Etrigan - big fan!, but man, that is the sweetest base I think I have EVER seen on a bust!!! awesome!!

will the smoke be transparent??

My Sketchbook
    My Sculpting thread
    Comics: www.uocomics.com
    Blog: www.jumpsuitblog.blogspot.com"
    "Yor's world! Yor's world! He's the man!"

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4