C.O.W. - #034: Blood Splatter Carnage - VOTING!!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav! Regarding the topic!

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simonl

14 13.08%
  • llothcat

1 0.93%
  • invinciblewombat

0 0%
  • hwango

1 0.93%
  • Jonoy

2 1.87%
  • silentkitty

0 0%
  • Sept13

0 0%
  • br0ken_spirit

0 0%
  • romance

3 2.80%
  • Chuck,mate.

9 8.41%
  • Matt Dixon

5 4.67%
  • hurricane

32 29.91%
  • MIKECORRIERO

14 13.08%
  • yAdam

1 0.93%
  • 0kelvin

1 0.93%
  • mybutterflyiris

0 0%
  • VegasMike

9 8.41%
  • cognition.sb

0 0%
  • Fozzybar

5 4.67%
  • JakkaS

4 3.74%
  • redehlert

1 0.93%
  • Lady Medusa

0 0%
  • pr0ph3t

0 0%
  • Carnifex

0 0%
  • DeepFried

1 0.93%
  • Bennett

0 0%
  • Drawler

0 0%
  • bradz

4 3.74%
  • Mitze

0 0%
  • sephone

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: C.O.W. - #034: Blood Splatter Carnage - VOTING!!!

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow C.O.W. - #034: Blood Splatter Carnage - VOTING!!!

ROUND #034 VOTING

Topic: Blood Splatter Carnage

Deadline for the voting: Monday, 23rd January 2006

Posting thread (closed):
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Simonl:
    concept: Mordor Bloodhound
    Born from the same pits as the Uruk-Hai, the Mordor Bloodhound is another of Saruman's unnatural creations. Melding wargs with unknown horrors from the deep places beneath the Misty Mountains, Saruman created beasts of unparallelled ferocity as a gift for his dark master.

llothcat:
    concept: it's a tick...the isidious kind that burrows into living flesh to gorge itself. (i hate ticks even more than spiders...)

invinciblewombat:

hwango:
    concept: The Saw-Faced Mangler
    The Saw-Faced Mangler feeds on blood, and it doesn't mind having to work a bit to get it. The mangler's usual prey tend to be larger animals with thick hides or armored shells. The mangler leaps onto its victim and secures a hold with its wickedly barbed front claws, then uses the spinning blade in its head to saw through the tough exterior. Once the victim can no longer struggle enough to throw the mangler off, the mangler inserts its feeding tube into the wound and drains the creature of blood. It then uses the tube like a flexible, elongated sponge to mop up any blood that sprayed out of the target while the mangler was cutting through its defenses.
    Introduced into an environment featuring soft-bodied creatures, the mangler quickly discovers that its usual feeding tactic will tear its prey apart in a gruesome shower of gore, and it will have to spend most of its feeding time lapping up the results. Still, if prey is plentiful, the mangler will accept the situation and feed from whatever is available.

Jonoy:

silentkitty:
    concept: Spear Hound
    Hunting in small packs of three to five, these creatures' main form of attack is simply to stab their prey with the pointy end of their hard, bone-plated heads until it stops moving. After the unfortunate victim is dead, the pack proceeds to rip it into tiny shreds with their razor-like teeth to distribute amongst themselves. Hounds are generally nocturnal creatures and have been known to attack humans that venture out into the forest a little too late at night.

Sept13:
    concept: Veer'da
    During the 1516th a heretic cult of Veer'da imported a mystical creature from the jungles of Africa to the southern Italy. The cult believed it to be the incarnation of their god Veer'da who has come to ease his godlike hunger, hence why they feed it with kidnapped travellers.
    The mystical dissappearences in the area soon caught the eye of Inquisition and the cult's headquarters were discovered. Without proper military resistance the inquisition purified the cultists. The creature claimed to be the incarnation of Veer'da was easily slain by the inquisitors, since it's anatomical deficiencies prevented it to mobilize correctly.
    The incident of Veer'da was soon removed from the Inquisition's recordings, since many high-positioned inviduals grew disturbed of such possibility.

br0ken_spirit:
    concept: Night Rage
    These animals are pack hunters, they are on the prowl during the night time. They are about the size of a grizzly bear. Their red eyes is the only thing that can be seen at night in the dense forests. Their way of hunting their prey is to surround it without the prey noticing it, and then shoot blood from their eyes to the prey's eyes. The blood they sprey from their eyes can blind their target, the moment in which they move in for the kill. They will kill by smashing their hammer-like fists at their prey in a berserker frenzy, gradually rendering them to an irrecognizable mound of blood-soaked flesh. They will then feast on this gory mess and wallow around in it, like pigs do in mud, because they like to be covered in blood. Supposedly this attracts their oposite sex.

romance:
    concept: The Flesh Raper
    This monstrosity consumes humans and kittens (with the exception of their blood, as it upsets the stomach) in hope to reach a higher state of being, as the beast is only in its larvae stage. After eating a victim, the Flesh Raper takes on features of the last victim and grows a new set of arms. Most Flesh Raper's must consume several victims before being able to transform and project themselves into another plane of existence. Where do they go? Who cares!

Chuck,mate.:
    concept: Nex Cruento
    "....and you will know us by the trail of the dead..."

Matt Dixon:
    concept: Harold
    "Hello. My name is Harold. It has been five days since my last feeding frenzy. I must say it's a nice change to see so many juicy humans at today's ruthless carnivore support group. Sorry we've had to switch the venue to this room above the butcher's shop, but that back room in the abbatoir just wasn't working out. I've closed the windows so the smell of fresh meat shouldn't distract us too much. As all you regulars will know, I've been struggling with my problem for several months now; salad and three bean deli wraps just don't seem to satisfy my urge to feel bones snapping between my powerful jaws. Must be a genetic thing I guess. It's not even about the taste, you know? Once I get started, there's not much I can do to resist the sensation of organs bursting against my fangs and the hot fluids running over my tongue. I'm salivating just thinking about it. I'll tell you my favourite thing...it's when you catch a frightened human at just the right moment...that fresh adrenaline in the system makes everything taste so sweet. Come to think of it, a few of you seem to be a bit anxious right now...oooh...I can almost smell the fear. Yummy. Anyway, I...uh...um...grr...GRAAARGH!"
    BLOOD! SPLATTER! CARNAGE!
    "Buurrrrrp."

hurricane:
    concept: This leech demon hunts humans and their souls in a very violent way, using the flesh of its prey as add-ons on its body and the souls as fuel inside its body...The special thing about this demon is that it has a highly develpt hunting technique. It disconnects from the its body or "ball" if you may and hunts the humans and the "ball" hovers in place. The more humans it hunts the larger body it gets...

MIKECORRIERO:
    concept: Bloodsplatter Carnage
    This sinful construction of hell can't get enough of the taste of blood, so much so, that it goes to the lengths of cutting its own flesh just to get a rush off of the pain and a little taste of what it craves.
    They grapple on to their victims with 3 tentacle barbed limbs that give it a flexible amount of mobility, and using it's long mutated forearms it digs it's thin sharp needle-like fingers deep inside puncturing the heart, and then it begins to feed.

yAdam:
    concept: This unamed creature hordes the intestinal tracks of everything it kills. Once every year it eats the whole pile in order to satisfy its hunger and to hibernate after mating. Its metabolism is so slow it takes 7 months for the food to digest. The amount it consumes is large because it cannot move under the babies weight, but is neccesary for providing nutrition for the offspring and itself. Because it eats only once a year a chemical reaction within the body causes its own bowels to haemorrage until a short while into the feeding.

0kelvin:
    concept: Big Blue Blood-Blistered Blabbermouth
    The Big Blue Blood-Blistered Blabbermouth (or Beebeebeebeebee) is a begrimed, bilious beast whose body breaks out in bulbous blood blisters because of it's bawdy, blasphemous behaviour. The blisters balloon up with blood until they break open and bleed or burst with a bang, bespattering the brute's blighted blood over the barren beaches and babbling brooks of Baldwin Barony. The blood of the Beebeebeebeebee bears billions of bugs and bacteria, and any bloke with the bad break of being bathed in the bloody spray of a bloated Beebeebeebeebee blister better bid breathing bye-bye.

mybutterflyiris:
    concept: A forest dwelling creature who stalks it's prey from high in the trees. It is a nocturnal creature whom the local villagers fear to an extent where they will not leave their houses at night. So far all attempts at killing the creatures have failed. The Male of the species is far more visious than the females. They are larger and seem to not only prey for necessity but the enjoyment of the hunt.

VegasMike:
    concept: This is a Slaytoris a predator who dwells in the lush jungles of a distant planet. Slaytoris preys on herbivores but is also adept at taking out other predators. The creature uses cover to get as close as possible to prey before it pounces from the shadows slashing away at the victims jugular vein with both tooth and nail. It will often release the prey, following the trail of blood and devour the meal in a matter of seconds. It is a verry messy eater, often blood will be splattered for dozens of yards around the feeding area.

cognition.sb:
    concept: Illaian
    This species' evolutionary process and high intelligence has led, for the most part, to a more civil way of life. As individuals, they can choose to pursue an active role in community. Dr Paxeau, pictured above, is a surgeon.
    However, unlike human surgeons, he's only allowed to work for the last 6 months of every year, as bound by law. This is because during mating season, January to June, the Illaian become highly aggressive, reverting back to a more primitive mindset.
    Unfortunately, during the past 6 months business was slow, and to maintain an indulgent lifestyle he's been forced to work from his basement.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fozzybar:
    concept: Agony And Nightmare In The Jungle - Caused By Unknown Creature
    "Oh my God...Oh my God...Oh my God..." that's all Eleanor is saying. Since 1 1/2 hour.
    Sometimes with a long break between, sometimes rapidly in quick succession.
    Finally she stops shivering and begins to talk.
    "I was looking for a rare butterfly, deep in the jungle of Guantemojala...", Eleanor is an entomlogist on the University of Santa Suerte "...as i prepared my equipment for numbing the insects on the treetop and catching them in bins on the floor, suddenly i heard the warning screams of monkeys nearby. I ran to the place where the sounds were coming from. As i arrived, my brain was thunderstruck...
    There was a huge creature with tentacles next to a huge tree covered with blood, the creature was shaking the tree with one of its tentacles. I've never seen a creature like this before. I looked up to the treetop. I saw the hell going on. A group of 20-30 individuals of Woolly Monkeys were on the tree. Some of the jumped right down to the ground from 20 meters. But not all of them landed on their feet, some hit the ground with their head. As if they didn't know what to do. I saw a mother covering her baby with her arms and running between the branches, she tried to escape and save her little baby. Then suddenly she stopped, took her baby and ripped its arms apart from the body and began to eat her own baby...it was like hell..."
    Eleanor cried hysterically. She needed a few minutes to brace herself again.
    "The monkeys became insane...just insane...they had no control over their mind, no control over their bodies, they didn't know what they were doing. Some of them tried to escape, others hunted their conspecifics, just to rend them in pieces...they were dropping from the tree one by one...it rained monkey bodies...some of them already lacerated from other monkeys...blood was running down the tree trunk...it rained blood...really, it was literally raining blood...then i saw one monkey jumping down, he was in sound condition, he tried to run away, but the creature impaled the monkey with the spear-like end of its tentacle...the monkey looked into my eyes and screamed...screamed...screamed like i never heard before...it was the sound of pure agony...and i will never forget this monkeys mean of agony...my God..."
    Eleanor explained that she made a photo just at this moment...she couldn't remember doing this, but the picture on the cameras film proofs it...i stopped the interview. Eleanor wasn't in the condition of suffering the memories of this nightmare. She went to sleep.
    The next day a group of scientists travelled to the location where all this happened. We found a few carcasses, totally dried out, as if something sucked all the blood out of their bodies. The tree still was covered with dry blood. It seems that none of the monkeys could escape this carnage.
    The next days me and my colleagues made autopsies on the carcasses. After the autopsies and looking on the photo we came to the following conclusion:
    The creature seems to have organs which produce a chemical substance. By exhaling the substance which is highly toxic and causing insanity, nausea and disturbance of equilibrium it starts the act of hunting its prey. The monkeys had no chance, they fell down one by one, the only thing the creature had to do was picking them up with its tentacles or killing them if they weren't already dead. It seems that the creatures interest was only on the monkeys blood. We assume that it was consumig the blood only by getting in contact with its body surface. Something like osmosis. From what Eleanor reported and what we can see on the photo, this creature seems to have a very hard rock-like skin. This makes sense, since dropping bodies can't hurt it, in fact the speed of their fall and hitting the hard body surface guarantees a breakup of the prey, so blood can run out of them. An ingenius and never seen system in the world of nature. Anyway it seems that anything involved in the creatures hunting system is perfectly designed to get as much blood as possible for consuming. The victims are ripping apart themselves when getting insane, so they are already "opened" for the creature to get their blood.
    An interesting fact is, that the gas affects only creatures with a certain level of intelligence. The reason could be that intelligent beings have larger brains and also a bigger size, which includes more blood to gain. So we can talk of incredible luck that Eleanor had wearing her respirator mask then, because at that time she was preparing the arrangement for catching insects, which also includes toxic gas.
    Now, you see, that's the point which is the most amazing detail of this incredible story. Eleanor has to realize that the creature which was responsible for the most terrible experience of her life was using exactly the same methods to get its prey from the tree as Eleanor does for her scientific researches. Amazing.

JakkaS:
    concept: The Great Animal Encyclopedia of Planet Gobb
    Volume 13, Chapter 11 Parasite - Heart Rose
    Heart Rose
    This small parasite is the most dangerous organism on moon Mortis. Why they are so dangerous? Because they use their telepathic skills to control the host. When they are born they live in wet environment like lake or ocean's shallows. They usually drift or wait hitch on to water flora. They wait for a host. In this early stage they are very small, they have only few millimeters, so they can very easily get into host's organism. At first stage they just feed and grow up, but in few months/years [it depends on how big is the host] they start to take control over host. They are not intelligent enough, so they only put images into host's mind. For example: food, water and... food? They can force the charmed organism to eat or go to a place where they want to go. They use images from host's memories. When they are adult, they force host to find some water reservoir. When they get there, they leave host's body. And this part is the most horrible. They just inject some chemical substance to the host's organism, and all the blood, skin and even bones vanishes in a few seconds. Water change the color into red! Organic matter form the host, become a food for offspring and another parasites. When they lay ova they are going to die...
    "Goob's Daily Network Magazin - 20016.09.07
    "The rivers turn red!"
    ...one of the eye-witness said: I just woke up. As usually went to the lake - fishing of course - and I found the lake red. I thought, that me and my cousin drinked too much last night but... the smell and the color were so familiar - I am working in the butchery - and I couldn't be wrong. The water changed into the blood! This scared me to death... man... really... now I can only fish in my aquarium."
    "Goob's Daily Network Magazin - 20016.09.13
    ...how to fight with that thing? I don't know... but if you have strong feelings that you need to go swim or take the shower, even if u did it 5 minutes ago, better go and see the doctor... it could be... IT"

redehlert:
    concept: Shrivel Nosh
    In the still of night you hear them ripping into flesh left forgotten on the battlefields. They're carrion devourers, flesh eaters. Burrowing into exposed wounds or cavities of fetid, steaming corpses, they devour their way into the core of their host feasting, spawning, and moving on to the next.

Lady Medusa:
    concept: Cades Corporis
    Recent discoveries have found out that its claws contains a highly poisonous substance that would kill an elephant in a matter of minutes.
    It is likely to dig its way to the heart before its prey dies.
    After devouring an elephant, it will rush to the sea to eat sharks and piranhas while washing off the blood to avoid being eaten by another cades corporis.
    They will often hide inside a carcass to lure vultures, lions and hyenas as well.
    The 14 cm tall hunter is found out to weight only around 8 kg although all it do is eat and drink

pr0ph3t:
    concept: THE SLILTCH
    This beast lives on the plains of Araydia in large underground holes it digs. These holes are used almost like a trap, whereas the Sliltch will cover itself completely with sand and wait for an unknowing Gwolv or Zaggerbat to walk by(or the rare human). It then rises out of the sand grabbing the prey with its tentacles. Using it tiny hook feet it holds the meal still while it inserts the central sucking tooth into the most blood filled area, draining the prey completely of all blood. It stores the blood in large pouches behind its head which are similar to thick balloons. These are also used for storing water as the days in the Araydia desert can be harsh and dry. The roar of this massive beast can be heard for miles. A low but loud gutteral growl that shakes the sand and freezes the heart.
    5 years ago an overpopulation problem of the Sliltch occured in the Zahr region which led to the Zahr Massacre. Several hundred Sliltchs attacked every town and outpost around and in the Zahr region killing everything they could find. Some said the sand in that area still has a red tint to it. Special forces were called in to control this problem. Scientists are still trying to find out what caused this incident.

Carnifex:
    concept: "red dust is rising. the leggoarg has fed."

DeepFried:
    concept: Bloodbull
    a carnivorous bull-like creature with large horns and many smaller horns chaotically spursed throughout its face and back. Initially thought to be just another hoofed beast - it turns out this rare breed has evolved quite differently than its poorer cousins. They have a slow metabolism but once hungry will eat anything that moves. When this creature has captured its prey, it’s powerful neck violently thrashes its head ripping and tearing into flesh. Traveling in small packs they can even attract other large carnivores on the plains looking for meals, even baiting themselves by feigning injury and using other clever tactics to draw in their quarry.

Bennett:
    concept: Carnal Meat Shredder
    Measuring approximately 25' long from tail to head, the Carnal Meat Shredder acts as both predator and scavenger to all things made of meat. It's bony appendages spiral wildly while opening and closing vigorously to shred, tenderize, desecrate, and or kill its prey. Considering it's massive size and carnivorous nature the CMS has no natural predators or friends. The CMS doesn't eat its veggies.

Drawler:
    concept: big meat eater

bradz:
    concept: Bloody fervent goreland sucker.
    Vast stinking fields of open sores, aching hills of torn muscles and supping fields of tendon grass, are the home for the goreland sucker, their harsh cries (like someone draining the dregs from a glass of lemonade with a straw) echo across he sticky land, they roam in squelchy packs, plunging the hollow bone fingers on their 6 stumpy arms into a well of gore and drink deep, and chowing down into the suppurating flesh biting and tearing until they are fully gorged.

Mitze:
    concept: The Blood splattered carnage lives on planet Blat-blat and is the most fearsome predator on the planet making nearly all other creatures extinct it has eight eyes like a spider but is not related in any way. It also has a external rib cage protecting its soft belly the only vulnerable part of its body. All in all it is about as popular as a cock flavored lollypop.

sephone:
    concept: The Krullmanbrood
    A vicious creature said to be dwelling in the deep jungles of Brazil. Natives believe they are demons who were awaken to find those who were responsible for the murders of the inoccent. These creatures will hold on to their victoms and begin feasting on them little by little trying to keep them alive during the whole ordeal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK - before voting/posting read this!!!

1. Please give c&c or a reason why you voted for the image!

2. Feel free to comment on any or all entries, the artists will appreciate it!

not accepted entries:

none

close to rejection:

Matt Dixon
    well not close to rejection, but it's a character man...

cognition.sb
    yeah, it's a character...and very humanoid also...i am not in a mood of blood splatter or carnage, so it passed...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cgfuller64
    your entry was declined as a WIP again, but i think this time it really wasn't finished or?

new round is on:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=712270

Last edited by Fozzybar; January 16th, 2006 at 07:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    jonoy got my vote, i think it looks like it'll splatter your body

mikecorriero, yours is good !!

cheers and kickass entries all of you!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW! I gota vote!- Thanks Hurricane! I'm chuffed (your's being awesome n all...)

-I nabbed yours for my desktop days ago (hope that's okay? I wont breach copywrite- promise!) So i guess it's easy to figure who I voted for...

Only losers have signatures

woodz Gallery
    cgsociety

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    though this round was PACKED with so much great artwork,
    jakkas, mitze, simonl, romance, mikecorriero, matt dixon to name a few,
    vote went to.....HURRICANE for the most excellent execution i`ve seen in quite a while. dude, if your damn skills were an illness - you`d be dead already.

you people are awesome, insane round everyone.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    my vote to hurri also-it's just...saucy.
    2nd simonl

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my vote goes to:

VegasMike
    just because it looks like the creature which will cause most blood, splatter and carnage...

runner-ups:
    hurricane
    love the colors and rendering

MIKECORRIERO
    very cool idea making the creature cutting itself because of the immense bloodlust maybe my second choice.

best idea for writing an interesting concept:
    0kelvin
    hehe, sweet idea with all the "B"s in the concept!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great entries this time.
    I especially liked the ones from Matt Dixon, Hurricane, Mikecorriero, Vegas Miken and redehlert.
    I voted for Mike Corriero because it is the image I liked best, though I think the description is not so great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went with Fozzy this week, I love the concept, and the illustration is well executed.. I feel sorry for the little monkies.

A couple of my other favorites were 0kelvin (great description), Jonoy, redehlert, and simonl (reminds me of Abe's Oddysee, hehe).

My Sketchbook
    It's when you can't hear the bats, that's when the bats are coming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, some c&c:

Simonl: Lotr?..umm...ok. Really liked the rendering though.
    Silentkitty: Really sorry you had technical difficulties, really interresting entry none the less.
    Romance: Really nice
    Chuck mate: cute style, I wish you had more of a description...how is the puppy related to it all?...don't get me wrong, I love it being there.
    Matt Dixon: Brilliant as usual. *sigh
    Hurricane:... ... ... enough said
    MikeC: Really creepy
    VegasMike: Really nice creature design...love the claws.
    Jakkas: hehehe...really does look like mickey mouse incarnate...hahah
    Redehlert: Honestly, I kind of liked your sketch better than the final, but it's still nice.

Everyone: You guys are really inspiring. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for Jakkas. theres some kind.. of ... deep dark abstract evil behind that creature. it would be the only one id run from.

i still like simonl's monster, but it sort of dropped me down saying its from Tolkien's world. id expect that thing in some ..um.. kind of half-life/doom.. yeah, definitly more like doom kind of thing.

the best rendered part is the blood dripping from romance's monsters mouth

and yadam also made a great job with that bag of flesh... imo

also wondering if bradz painted by hand *that* texture lol grt job man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted redehlert for his hard work on this one.

Nice to see another MD creation, the hello kitty thing is a great funny touch.
    Also beautiful works of Hurricane, vegasmike, romance, Simonl,Chuck, Mikecorriero...
    Great story Fozzy...

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! what a collection!
    some favs were:
    • simonl - sweet folds and it really pops out quite well with the lighting and tone. wish there was more blood splatter and carnage.
    •romance - is it possible to say 'aw, how cute?' it's a great transition from your toad of cow 33 but with so much more evilness to it. heck it's almost a triped too! lighting, soft textures and the wonderful blood on the chin score serious points.
    •mike c - great story and i really love the way you did this piece. color, texture, mood and pose are superb. the scratches across the eyes creep me out dude.
    •matt dixon - damn it all that you have the funniest (second goes to 0Kelvin) for the best concept text. great pose and gesture from you - so glad to have ya back.
    •chuck,mate - simplicity is your key man. this is so beautifully rendered from color choices, texture, and composition placement of the big to the small creatures. you are continually turning it up a notch.

so....i can only vote once, right? damn.

hurricane - my man, you did it bro. i totally dig this entry and will use it as a baseline for even my medical illustration work. just look out for the demonic kidneys and spleens and the overlord known as the prostate gland. my hat is off to you good sir.

each and every entry had something going strong for it, sorry i don't have the time to write for everyone's. thanks for playing!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote went to Jakkas for a nicely executed and original critter. Nice to see a more whimsical entry not festooned with fang & claw. Tops work!

This was a difficult choice given the large numbers of high quality entries. Hurricane, Chuck Mate, Matt Dixon and Mike Corriero were my other choices. Awesome stuff!

Simon Lissaman

www.simon-lissaman.com

My portfolio review thread can be found here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mikecorriero gets my vote, I love the combination of colors plus those double jointed arms look wicked cool yet still functional.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this came down to a dead heat between VegasMike and MikeC for me, in spite of so many top shelf entries -- I really like Vegas' creature for it's wicked, chaotic design, and MikeC's has tons of demented personality in a most unkind way -- in the end MikeC's was simply bloodier and that decided the vote

brilliant entries all around, great topic!

Who you gonna believe, me or your lyin' eyes? - Chico Marx

sketchblog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There were a lot of great images and ideas this time; a lot more than I would have thought, so it was cool to see that so many obviously had so much fun doing this one. It shows. My vote went to Hurricane; it was a good concept and rendered exceptionally. There is definitely a sense of menace and death in the air.
    Runners-up:
    Romance came in a close second just for the disgust of it all! Great idea and done well.
    Jonoy - Great blood carnage creature!
    Chuck, mate - I love the way this was rendered.
    MIKECORRIERO - A nice and sick and twisted idea, very original, I thought. I also liked the lighting.
    Okelvin - Now, this would make a very cool children's book illustration. It's sick, kids of all ages would love it.
    Bradz - Grotesque and well done.
    There were a lot to choose from...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for hurricane. It just hit all the right buttons. Romance was a close second.

A few other favourites were Simonl (great flesh on that guy), Matt Dixon (as always), MikeCorriero (ditto), Jakkas (for a very unique looking creature), and bradz (for a hell of a cool environment concept).

0kelvin

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need to vote for more than 1... but anyhow I ended up voting for Bradz because of the pure carnage pain and blood splatterness involved.
    Here is my list of favs:
    Simonl
    hwango
    Jonoy
    romance
    Chuck,mate
    hurricane
    MIKECORRIERO
    VegasMike
    Fozzybar
    JakkaS
    redehlert
    bradz

amazing and numerous entries this week and a very tough decision

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for VegasMike. I like the design of his creature, it's drawn very well, and I thought it captured the theme properly because it's actually got some blood splattered on/around it. I love the crazy jaws on that thing. The composition really makes it look like it's about to take a bite out of the viewer, whereas other pieces put a lot more distance between viewer and monster.

My second choice would be Sephone, because I once again liked both design and execution (particularly the head, which seems to be the most finished part), and there's evidence of actual splattery carnage. I know you said you didn't get to really finish your piece, and that's too bad. I like what you have so far and I bet the finished piece would be awesome.

Finally, I think Hurricane's piece is an excellent painting, but I picked the other two over it because it doesn't particularly say "splatter" to me.

...and thanks, pr0ph3t, for including mine on your list of favorites - it brightened my day to see that someone liked my first C.O.W. enough to mention it, especially against such tough competition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the constant support people.
    i keep creating for you guys.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for mike. The color scheme fucked my eyes gently, and i loved every second of it.

I cannot see hurricane's image tho. Big shame really, because he never disappoints, and i was looking forward to seeing it.

//edit: after a couple of refreshes i see the image. Its killer, but i would still have voted for mike. Awesome colors. Just awesome!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS AND VOTES !! *almost cries*
    man, im happy today

cheers!

BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey uziel!
    thanks for the vote of confidence! this was a turning point COW for me....i think i finally got that lump of coal outta my ass.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for, chuck, mate, really nice, colours. I simply love the contrast, and the black monster...this would nicley suit on my background..hehe

'...men must be free from
    boundaries, patterns and
    consistencies in order to be free
    to think, feel and create in new ways'
    [Sketchbook]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a lot of great entries... I voted for ChuckMate mainly because I love the grand scale and contrast of his piece. I actually love most of them... special kudos to Hurricane, Romance, SimonL and JakkaS.

SimonL, my LOTR geekness insists on correcting you... The Uruk-Hai were created by Saruman. Sauron only made Uruks. Saruman thought of combining the Uruks and humans to create the fighting Uruk-Hai.

Carry on.

***EDIT***

Crap! I saw Mordor and from then on I read Saruman as Sauron.

My bad.

Last edited by glikster; January 17th, 2006 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you should read the description first.

Simon Lissaman

www.simon-lissaman.com

My portfolio review thread can be found here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hurricane: I love this render and the palette.
    A few other favourites were Matt dixon, Simonl , Sep13 and Chuckmate.

My english not is the better but i wish you understandme

Blog - 1xsemana / 1 for week

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1