ROUND #034 VOTING

Topic: Blood Splatter Carnage

Deadline for the voting: Monday, 23rd January 2006

Posting thread (closed):
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simonl:
concept: Mordor Bloodhound
Born from the same pits as the Uruk-Hai, the Mordor Bloodhound is another of Saruman's unnatural creations. Melding wargs with unknown horrors from the deep places beneath the Misty Mountains, Saruman created beasts of unparallelled ferocity as a gift for his dark master.
C.O.W. - #034: Blood Splatter Carnage - VOTING!!!

llothcat:
concept: it's a tick...the isidious kind that burrows into living flesh to gorge itself. (i hate ticks even more than spiders...)

invinciblewombat:

hwango:
concept: The Saw-Faced Mangler
The Saw-Faced Mangler feeds on blood, and it doesn't mind having to work a bit to get it. The mangler's usual prey tend to be larger animals with thick hides or armored shells. The mangler leaps onto its victim and secures a hold with its wickedly barbed front claws, then uses the spinning blade in its head to saw through the tough exterior. Once the victim can no longer struggle enough to throw the mangler off, the mangler inserts its feeding tube into the wound and drains the creature of blood. It then uses the tube like a flexible, elongated sponge to mop up any blood that sprayed out of the target while the mangler was cutting through its defenses.
Introduced into an environment featuring soft-bodied creatures, the mangler quickly discovers that its usual feeding tactic will tear its prey apart in a gruesome shower of gore, and it will have to spend most of its feeding time lapping up the results. Still, if prey is plentiful, the mangler will accept the situation and feed from whatever is available.

Jonoy:

silentkitty:
concept: Spear Hound
Hunting in small packs of three to five, these creatures' main form of attack is simply to stab their prey with the pointy end of their hard, bone-plated heads until it stops moving. After the unfortunate victim is dead, the pack proceeds to rip it into tiny shreds with their razor-like teeth to distribute amongst themselves. Hounds are generally nocturnal creatures and have been known to attack humans that venture out into the forest a little too late at night.

Sept13:
concept: Veer'da
During the 1516th a heretic cult of Veer'da imported a mystical creature from the jungles of Africa to the southern Italy. The cult believed it to be the incarnation of their god Veer'da who has come to ease his godlike hunger, hence why they feed it with kidnapped travellers.
The mystical dissappearences in the area soon caught the eye of Inquisition and the cult's headquarters were discovered. Without proper military resistance the inquisition purified the cultists. The creature claimed to be the incarnation of Veer'da was easily slain by the inquisitors, since it's anatomical deficiencies prevented it to mobilize correctly.
The incident of Veer'da was soon removed from the Inquisition's recordings, since many high-positioned inviduals grew disturbed of such possibility.

br0ken_spirit:
concept: Night Rage
These animals are pack hunters, they are on the prowl during the night time. They are about the size of a grizzly bear. Their red eyes is the only thing that can be seen at night in the dense forests. Their way of hunting their prey is to surround it without the prey noticing it, and then shoot blood from their eyes to the prey's eyes. The blood they sprey from their eyes can blind their target, the moment in which they move in for the kill. They will kill by smashing their hammer-like fists at their prey in a berserker frenzy, gradually rendering them to an irrecognizable mound of blood-soaked flesh. They will then feast on this gory mess and wallow around in it, like pigs do in mud, because they like to be covered in blood. Supposedly this attracts their oposite sex.

romance:
concept: The Flesh Raper
This monstrosity consumes humans and kittens (with the exception of their blood, as it upsets the stomach) in hope to reach a higher state of being, as the beast is only in its larvae stage. After eating a victim, the Flesh Raper takes on features of the last victim and grows a new set of arms. Most Flesh Raper's must consume several victims before being able to transform and project themselves into another plane of existence. Where do they go? Who cares!

Chuck,mate.:
concept: Nex Cruento
"....and you will know us by the trail of the dead..."

Matt Dixon:
concept: Harold
"Hello. My name is Harold. It has been five days since my last feeding frenzy. I must say it's a nice change to see so many juicy humans at today's ruthless carnivore support group. Sorry we've had to switch the venue to this room above the butcher's shop, but that back room in the abbatoir just wasn't working out. I've closed the windows so the smell of fresh meat shouldn't distract us too much. As all you regulars will know, I've been struggling with my problem for several months now; salad and three bean deli wraps just don't seem to satisfy my urge to feel bones snapping between my powerful jaws. Must be a genetic thing I guess. It's not even about the taste, you know? Once I get started, there's not much I can do to resist the sensation of organs bursting against my fangs and the hot fluids running over my tongue. I'm salivating just thinking about it. I'll tell you my favourite thing...it's when you catch a frightened human at just the right moment...that fresh adrenaline in the system makes everything taste so sweet. Come to think of it, a few of you seem to be a bit anxious right now...oooh...I can almost smell the fear. Yummy. Anyway, I...uh...um...grr...GRAAARGH!"
BLOOD! SPLATTER! CARNAGE!
"Buurrrrrp."

hurricane:
concept: This leech demon hunts humans and their souls in a very violent way, using the flesh of its prey as add-ons on its body and the souls as fuel inside its body...The special thing about this demon is that it has a highly develpt hunting technique. It disconnects from the its body or "ball" if you may and hunts the humans and the "ball" hovers in place. The more humans it hunts the larger body it gets...

MIKECORRIERO:
concept: Bloodsplatter Carnage
This sinful construction of hell can't get enough of the taste of blood, so much so, that it goes to the lengths of cutting its own flesh just to get a rush off of the pain and a little taste of what it craves.
They grapple on to their victims with 3 tentacle barbed limbs that give it a flexible amount of mobility, and using it's long mutated forearms it digs it's thin sharp needle-like fingers deep inside puncturing the heart, and then it begins to feed.

yAdam:
concept: This unamed creature hordes the intestinal tracks of everything it kills. Once every year it eats the whole pile in order to satisfy its hunger and to hibernate after mating. Its metabolism is so slow it takes 7 months for the food to digest. The amount it consumes is large because it cannot move under the babies weight, but is neccesary for providing nutrition for the offspring and itself. Because it eats only once a year a chemical reaction within the body causes its own bowels to haemorrage until a short while into the feeding.

0kelvin:
concept: Big Blue Blood-Blistered Blabbermouth
The Big Blue Blood-Blistered Blabbermouth (or Beebeebeebeebee) is a begrimed, bilious beast whose body breaks out in bulbous blood blisters because of it's bawdy, blasphemous behaviour. The blisters balloon up with blood until they break open and bleed or burst with a bang, bespattering the brute's blighted blood over the barren beaches and babbling brooks of Baldwin Barony. The blood of the Beebeebeebeebee bears billions of bugs and bacteria, and any bloke with the bad break of being bathed in the bloody spray of a bloated Beebeebeebeebee blister better bid breathing bye-bye.

mybutterflyiris:
concept: A forest dwelling creature who stalks it's prey from high in the trees. It is a nocturnal creature whom the local villagers fear to an extent where they will not leave their houses at night. So far all attempts at killing the creatures have failed. The Male of the species is far more visious than the females. They are larger and seem to not only prey for necessity but the enjoyment of the hunt.

VegasMike:
concept: This is a Slaytoris a predator who dwells in the lush jungles of a distant planet. Slaytoris preys on herbivores but is also adept at taking out other predators. The creature uses cover to get as close as possible to prey before it pounces from the shadows slashing away at the victims jugular vein with both tooth and nail. It will often release the prey, following the trail of blood and devour the meal in a matter of seconds. It is a verry messy eater, often blood will be splattered for dozens of yards around the feeding area.

cognition.sb:
concept: Illaian
This species' evolutionary process and high intelligence has led, for the most part, to a more civil way of life. As individuals, they can choose to pursue an active role in community. Dr Paxeau, pictured above, is a surgeon.
However, unlike human surgeons, he's only allowed to work for the last 6 months of every year, as bound by law. This is because during mating season, January to June, the Illaian become highly aggressive, reverting back to a more primitive mindset.
Unfortunately, during the past 6 months business was slow, and to maintain an indulgent lifestyle he's been forced to work from his basement.