Ahh! I'm actually posting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ahh! I'm actually posting

So this is going to be the first artworks I post on here. In order to offer more information about myself, here is my introductory post: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&postcount=149

All of these are quick pieces I did. They're not very good but... I tried. I know I need to put a lot more work into future drawings.

A robotic, dragon thing? I seriously have no clue.

A soldier of some sort. Proportions are way off. Hmmm...

A throne-type thing design. Seems like it would fall over, yes?

Thank you for taking the time to look at my artwork.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if the anatomy is right, but no offence, I dont quite agree with the form of your characters.

The first anthro art thingy is quite a great concept. I kinda like his bending leg. But I think you should improve the the perspective a lil bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the first one shows a big resembelance to that pokemon mueto or w/e its called

www.loadingcreations.tk
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better."
    - Andre Gide

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Vint, and welcome. I don't think it's so much "putting in more work" as putting in the right kind of work. If you really want to get better, there are a couple ways to go about it. You can do like I did and you should see some improvement in about 17-20 years, or you can decide upon a slightly more regemented plan and see improvements immediately. I think I would first recommend Drawing with the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. This will get you a little more comfortable with line work and does an amazing thing with how to see. I know you're probably looking around all day, but that's not the same as seeing. I would start there and also look to invest in a good anatomy book (you may still find Loomis and I like Bridgeman and Civardi, too). Avoid anything that is a "style". Once you get a good handle on drawing what you can see, start drawing it again without looking at the reference and then comapre the two. Draw each day as much as you can without burning yourself out. The important part is drawing every day, getting to a point where you can't go to sleep until you do a little sketching because it just wouldn't feel right. This may take a couple months to acquire (though they say habits can be formed in 21 days).

I do like the chair.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.