Art: What is it ACTUALLY like to be a professional Concept Artist?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: What is it ACTUALLY like to be a professional Concept Artist?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What is it ACTUALLY like to be a professional Concept Artist?

OK, (hope I've posted this in the right place) This is mainly to the professionals on this forum, but I was wondering...

What is it ACTUALLY like to be a professional Concept Artist?

I probably have it a little "glamorised" in my head, so I was hoping you could answer some of the questions below. I know you guys are probably quite busy, but if you could even answer one or two (which ever you feel are most important) I would be very grateful, as I am trying to get a better understanding of the industry I am hoping to go in to.

Do you work Freelance or In-House? If you are In-House what size team do you work in? (if any?)

What type of work are you asked to produce? (eg. Finished or quick visuals?)

Are there restraints on format? Traditional or Digital? (Any particular file types or resolution, file/image sizes or restrictions?)

Do you usually work on a single image, or are you often asked for multiple images, and what sort of time scale are you expected to work to? If you work Contract, how long is this for usually?

How much freedom are you given to interpret an idea? Or are the briefs often quite restricted? Do you often get asked for "re-drafts" or amendments?

How is a brief received? Is it through an agent? Or do you deal directly with the client?
    If you are In-house does it come via a Manager? And how does your role work within the overall structure of your organisation?

What are the hours like? Do you often find you're pulling "all-nighters" all week, then having "slow months"?

If you have worked as both Freelance and In-House, which did you prefer? Was there any particular reason for this?

If you feel there is anything else you'd like to mention that I have not asked about, that would be great too.

Thank you very much in advance

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This probably should have been posted in the Lounge section

But never the less
    I wish somebody answered answered at least some of these q.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.