Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 254 Posts

IDW006: Alien Habitation Suit

Topic: Alien Habitation Suit.

Description: In the year 2007, an alien biped(2 legged) species will venture to earth to expand communication with other civilizations. The aliens trade vast amounts resources and knowledge in trade for labor and production of suits that will protect them for the diseases and corrupt humanity has left on earth.

NASA, CNSA and NATO took responsiblity for manufactoring the suits for the aliens in thousands.

Your Job: Design a suit that would aid the alien's. The design should use earth's materials, aswell as ALIEN UNIQUE materials.

Deadline: Jan 27th Midnightish, Polls & New topics will only be given if there are at LEAST 10 entries.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think im going to do this
    Im surprised that this ID thread isnt as active as the others
    Its too awesome

Thanks
    It'll take time. I guess most people aren't warmed up enough to ID yet but yea it'll come around as more people get confident and interested. I'll see if I can motivate some of the lurkers into this one.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    New IDW!! Woohoo!

But 10 entries? Don't you think that's a little overly optimistic? After all, you only got ONE last time (and EOW didn't even reach ten this week). Maybe you could drop the bar down to 5 or something? And just give the IDW time to catch on...?

Honestly, I think stating that there will be no vote or new topic unless there are ten entries acts as a deterrent to participation. A 'competition' that may or may not have a conclusion naturally gets a marked as a low priority.

No vote is fine, but if a topic doesn't stir up the collective imagination punishing us by not giving us a different topic isn't going to help increase participation.

Thanks
    I second Panagos' thought on this.
    Sure, it's sad to see that this section doesn't have lots of action, but forcing things isn't the best to do, better let it go by itself. Gotta say that the last ones were not really attractive.. at least to me. Some seemed very interesting though, but I wasn't aware that this section existed when you posted them.

Anyway, I'm in. Haven't drawn for way too much time.. and this one caught my eyes. Damn, 2 weeks.. I should be enough to do something interesting, well, at least with a good rendering.

So, the alien can be anything? Or the usual green guy the size of a kid with a big head and big eyes (I'm going with this one anyway)?
    Just to know what kind of thing we might use/see.
    It could be a bit more challenging/interesting to create a suit based on a specific creature other than, simply, a biped one. No ?

Last question, what is CNSA and NATO ?

Thanks
    Hopefully I will have time to do this one.

I have an opinion on the limited success of this thread. its just an opinion mind you, and I was thankful the thread even existed, and surely hope it continues.

If you look at the first couple, there was actually a decent qty of peeps working stuff. But I think a couple things happened.

one is, the polls came in much later than the deadlines, so some folks were like, where is the poll? if that was what was driving them , then it was what it was. You can see there is only a poll for the first one, after that things started to die out. After its starts to die out, less people visit and try cause there is less to see.

Then came that a couple where more enviroments, then it got almost dead, as seen by the last IDW.

I know Davi doesn't care for the poll, I dont know if that is what is driving the lack of interest or not, but the lack of participants, has led me to be around less. I think this next one is a good topic and most likely will have success, IF folk realize its here and going on.

Personally, i havent done to many, not only because I'm not really that good, I didnt care about that. I was hoping not only to simply practice, but get some good feedback on how to be better. There are a few that did spend the time doing that, but not many. so as the group got smaller, I didnt really get any feedback, so it wasnt helping me either. So I slackened. Hopefully I can use this one to climb back into it.

I really do hope this thread succeeds.

Thanks
    Let's not be too bothered by the poll or whatever and just post up work.

@Althael- NATO means North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, but I believe Davi might have been referring to ESA - European Space Agency rather than NATO. CNSA I'm guessing would be China's National Space Administration. Check both out on Google.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darth massacre
    Let's not be too bothered by the poll or whatever and just post up work.

@Althael- NATO means North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, but I believe Davi might have been referring to ESA - European Space Agency rather than NATO. CNSA I'm guessing would be China's National Space Administration. Check both out on Google.
    I agree, I just think it did make a difference as it was a little confusing. didnt bother me any. I just got busy over the hoidays.

Thanks
    Nato's got the cash and power of the world, as well as military technologies to make the production happen, the others have the space technologies and research.

Thanks

Notes: The IASRA(International Association of Alien & Space Research Alliance), came up with a form-fitting suit with replaceable substance-batteries, that will fuel the alien suit with everything needed to allow the alien's to surviving for extended peroids on earth.

Thanks

The Rookie's Submission

Hey guys,

So I'm still pretty much a newbie to this site, but I had a little time to brush up on the skills again. I haven't busted out the markers in almost 6 months, and I figured I was long since due for a tune up. I appreciate any feedback, and look forward to posting more soon!

_ Coming from a smaller world than our own, the alien species needed help adjusting the immense gravity of Earth. The suit was designed to decrease the effects of gravitational pull, both for walking and for using their "arms". With a built-in nitrogen regulator and a universal translation device, the aliens were finally prepared to safely the newly discovered planet!

Thanks
    quick 20min sketch as a placeholder... final piece will come before dateline hopefully.

sketch
    w.i.p.

rough notes...

- the original planet of the E.T.s was a high gravity environment resulting in the squat powerfully built body structures.

- eyes like humans, frontal facing, and capable of viewing the normal spectrum. Lot's of glass incorporated into the upper suit, allowing good visibility since the suit is for long term use. Russian functional philosophy toned down by "teddy bear" silhoutte encouraged by the Americans to give the E.T.s a friendlier look.

- immune to earth pathogens which were not evolved to infect them, all they required was an oxygen "enhancer" of alien origin, housed in a back carried "life support" pod. Incredibly higher UV radiation on earth requires a complete suit though.

- long since adapted to an upright stance, with their front limbs atrophying due to centuries of their high tech society, two manipulators were designed into the suit. Extendable "stilts" were also incorporated into the design, allowing the shorter E.T.s to see their human counterparts "eye to eye".

- chinese agency still trying to incorporate an undetectable remotely detonated microton nuke. E.T.s already comfortable with "Big Brother", the remote "health" monitoring system developed by the americans.

Last edited by machzero; January 21st, 2006 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks
    IDW #006: Alien Habitation Suit.

"The Tam-Tak-oog-nam, from planet Umar 3-446 needed
    a suit that would protect it from earth`s unsuitable harsh environment while providing it with proper "oxygen" (the Yan-sak gas..).
    we were able to produce this gas out of earth`s well common CO2 through a special Umarian device we ultimately located in the suit`s mid section.
    the suit itslef on all its parts is made out of a uniqe alloy concocted from several earth and Umar metals.
    because of the devastating effect of earth`s gravitation pull on the TTON muscle structure we had to build the suit with strong biomechanical limbs which
    worked out preety well for the little guys."

-Dr. mike ulrich , NASA.

Last edited by Chuck,mate.; February 9th, 2006 at 05:39 AM.
    We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2