res and size question
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: res and size question

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

res and size question

I was wondering what size and resolution you guys use fer digital paintings. also, how do I retain the detail when i shrink a pic down to post on internet? is there a trick to it? cause it kills me when my pics get raped of their detail so badly.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey clodhopper,

there really isn't a trick to it, other than guess and checking how good/bad it's going to look at the end compared to the original painting. experiment and see what size works for you for a final size. personally, since most of my paintings have the same detail level, i try to keep the highest dimension 700-800px.

i sometimes make textures at work for my modelz, and there's a formula all the texture artists there use.. for saving out textures, make them at 2x the final size and reduce em by 1/2 when they're saved out. they look pretty bad unless you sharpen [Sharpen filter] the final texture one time in photoshop. i've never tried that with digital paintings.. but it might work for you

another thing artists that paint alotta detail [like Enayla] seem to do a lot is have a high-res version available, or blow up an especially detailed part of their painting.

good luck!
    - l

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.