Canvas Rotation Help

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Lightbulb Canvas Rotation Help

Is there a hotkey for re-centering a canvas after it has been rotated? I cannot find this hotkey anywhere in the menu or in the documentation. After watching a couple videos of people using painter I just noticed that they all could instantly re-center/zero-out the rotation on their canvas after spinning it. Any info on that hotkey and/or others for rotation would be sublime.

-Books

Apathy, the new political party. "Just because it's bad doesn't mean it couldn't be worse.. so in reality we're doing great!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Are you just wanting it to be centered again? on a Mac to rotate the canvas you hold Option and Spacebar..if you want to have it go back(center) just keep holding Option and Spacebar and double click with the mouse/pen.

On a PC it's probably like Alt+Spacebar to rotate and then while holding it double click mouse/pen to make it go back to center.

joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

Thanks
    Here is all you'll ever need to know, (hopefully):

Edit>Preferences>Customize Keys . . .

Lots of different stuff you can set up yourself; but your looking for a specific tool so...

Go to the Drop Down window under Shortcuts>Tools

All the way down you'll see what you need, Grabber = E. After hitting E you can move the mouse accordingly to how you want the canvas. Hit B to go back to your brush.

If you want to return the canvas to the original state: Hit E then simply click without moving.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Apathy
    Here is all you'll ever need to know, (hopefully):

Edit>Preferences>Customize Keys . . .

Lots of different stuff you can set up yourself; but your looking for a specific tool so...

Go to the Drop Down window under Shortcuts>Tools
    A much easier and less confusing way to learn Painter's keyboard shortcuts is to use:

Help > Help Topics > Contents tab > Keyboard Shortcuts

On the right panel, click the link named Toolbox Commands to learn the letter keys used to activate each tool on the Tools palette.

Using the Help > Help Topics Favorites tab, you can bookmark the page so you can return to it later to refresh your memory.

All the way down you'll see what you need, Grabber = E. After hitting E you can move the mouse accordingly to how you want the canvas. Hit B to go back to your brush.

If you want to return the canvas to the original state: Hit E then simply click without moving.

Cheers!
    The Grabber tool is activated using the G key. It's used to move the image around within the image window, not to rotate the image.

The tool used to temporarily rotate the entire image in order to draw or paint at what would otherwise be awkward angles is the Rotate Page tool, activated using the E key.

To return the image to its normal upright position after rotating it, click in the image using the E key.

To center the image within the image window, click the M key to activate the Magnifier tool, then click the Center Image button on the Property Bar.

To return to painting Freehand Strokes, click the B key. To return to painting Straight Line Strokes, click the V key.

Jinny

Last edited by Jin; January 13th, 2006 at 09:11 PM.
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Hehehe, I never get tired of you correcting and clarifying my posts Jin. Usually learn a few things in the process too .

Thanks
    Mr. Apathy,

I think you know just the right buttons to push to get me to tell more.

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.