Critiquing Art Schools, High School, College, Etc...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critiquing Art Schools, High School, College, Etc...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critiquing Art Schools, High School, College, Etc...

I never went to a fine art's high school, but I went to Sarah Lawrence and liked it, the museum school in Boston and liked it, and Lesley University for art education, and I hate to say I'm not lovin it.

I can go into more detail, but for now I'd just like to know where everyone else is going to school, and whether you like it. As a future teacher I want to know which schools to recommend to my students.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recently finished a 2 year course at the ART INSTUCTION SCHOOLS. If you have the chance to take this course, pass. When I had my very first interview at my home, the woman I talked to told me that they offered job placement after you finish. Guess what...nope, not the case. The only think I can do is take that 2 years and put it tword another school and hope they give me credit for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is this Art Instruction school? Is it online? If not, then what's the precise name, and where is it located? What made the class not so great?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    funny, I was at the Boston museum tonite to do some figure drawing, and I met a girl who was applying to Lesley for art education. Small world

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lesley has some wonderful professors: Celia Morris & Kathy Furst, Prilli Sanville, Lisa Donovan, Danielle Georges. We also get excellent professors from AIB. I recommend them all, but there's two real losers that are part of the core team that you want to avoid, Robert Shreefter and Barbara Haber, and the program is set up so you can't avoid them. It's not just me. Everyone in my classes had issues with them. The good news is you can take classes with the good professors as a non-metriculating student. Most grad art ed programs allow at least 6 credits from other schools. I would not recommend Lesley based on these two lousy professors.

If she goes to Lesley, I would tell her this: Don't get Shreefter as an advisor, he's horrible. Avoid taking classes with him. (long rant edited in case he sees this post..)

Last edited by ArtEdGradStudent; January 15th, 2006 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtEdGradStudent
    What is this Art Instruction school? Is it online? If not, then what's the precise name, and where is it located? What made the class not so great?
    The Art Instruction Schools are based out of Minneapolis, MN. I'm sure alot of you have seen it on tv. "Do you like to draw or just doodle? Then take out free art test." They send you all of your books and supples. When you finish a lesson you mail it to them and they grade it and send it back to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do they give quality feedback? Seems weird, like why not just go to Minnesota and sit in a class with them?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.