Art: stine's pictures - 16.05.2007 - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey stine
    your photography is getting awesome
    but have you ever considered buying a wide angle lens?
    most of your photos is of "details" i would really like to see some
    wide open photos from you

nice self portrait btw

My Gallery: Part one Part two
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

photo challenge "time"

thanks a lot barret!
    you're absolutely right, i should definetely work on my range of pictures. somehow it always drives me back to the little things... i'll try!

hopefully i don't bore you with my next shots, just the result of walking around town looking for "time"...

"time is money"

"test of time"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha, i find the exact same thing happens to me stine, i reckon 9/10 of my photos end up as macro shots
    nice stuff as ALWAYS dude i really like them.
    you have such a good eye for things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, really nice photos here. my favorite is without a doubt 'natural barcode' from early on in your posts. and of course, your sp is very cute although you do look a little stressed.

chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stine
    so, here's my sp - damn, i look stressed, but anyway...

Hah... I thought all the time you are a boy/man
    No matter... sehr schöne Bilder! (insbesondere die Textur- und Makroaufnahmen!) 8)

-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I havent commented much in your thread, dont know why because I love you pictures.

You seem to have a fashiation for old worn things. Good to see that you move away from macros sometimes with these new pics.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks so much for having a look, guys and sorry for not answering such a long time... a lot of things to do and nearly no time for taking pictures...

andre - thanks a lot! yeah, macros are just so much fun, glad i'm not alone with my "addiction".

dose206 - hey there, thanks for stopping by in my photo-thread, too! i just came home from vacation today (went to switzerland to visit a friend), so i guess all that stress is quite gone now...

insane - dank dir! heh, really funny you thought i was male...

morbid - thanks a lot! yup, old stuff is just so interesting. all those textures and the different colors, just one of my favourite things to take pictures of. but you're right, i tried to get away from it a little. unfortunately my camera doesn't catch landscpaes very well, but i try...

well, as i said, i just returned from switzerland today. man, a lot has happened here in the photo section since i was gone, you guys have been busy! i try and look at all the new threads in the next few days... unfortunately my camera had some difficulties the last days (the menu button doesn't work anymore... ), but anyway, here's a first glimpse at some pictures i took. the swiss landscape is amazing, and flora and fauna there even more interesting, so sorry for some macros and flower shots... hope you like them, i'll post more as soon as i can sort them...

"poscht"

"agnus dei"

"swiss kitsch"

"not-so-perfect camouflage"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the idea behind Agnus Dei. the comp is very good. I wish there was a bit more sky and sharper focus, though. I've never thought I'd say that I liked something kitsch, but that is a beautiful landscape. I think I like everything about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stine, STINE'S BACK! Ahem.

Swiss Kitch and not-so-perfect camouflage are my two favourite from this set. These are great, it's nice to see you're back. Post more if possible, and it's nice to know the stress is gone (hopefully).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, i like them all, but that last ones crazy. imagine falling on one of those things, ouch

is that a bug inside it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot for having a look, guys.

eazym - yup, you're right about the cruzifix, should've chosen the angle better... glad you like the landscape, it's actually the view from my friend's balcony. *envy*

rhynome - hey there, thanks for the nice comment! hope you like the next set, too...

andre - thanks! those plants are vicious, i once fell into them as a kid, it's nothing you would like to do... never seen them such big, thought. those on the photo stood almost 2 meters tall... you're right, that's one of the weird bugs we found.

okay, here are some more. hope you like them, comments as always welcome!

"prey outsizing the predator"

"nature's helicopters"

"a'chen"

"blockhead"

"italian patience"

"welcome"

"...and now to something completely different..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stine

"italian patience"[/CENTER]

"...and now to something completely different..."[/CENTER]

Would very much like to see more stuff like these and maybe u'd also like to help us out . Great stuff as usuall. Thanks for the photo-feast

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice pictures, indeed. I like the textures of what you shoot alot, like the male sheep-macro.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a sucker for land-scapes. All your pictures are nice, but no.1 fits my fancy almost perfectly.

Welcome and that last one I like as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one and the last 4 are my favs from this set. Definately like this set better than the last. The first one is absolutely gorgeous, like everything about it. And as for "Welcome" - brilliant. Bravo, and let's see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello friend.
    Good to know you are back on here and showing us your stuff.
    How you been?
    "Block Head" Looks scary, i thought that was a snake crawling up into someone's hair!!
    I'm not much of a flower close-up person, i am not a big fan of flowers, however i like "Nature's Helicopters" I would trim it from the bottom.. but good photo.
    Your last photo somehow reminds me of "The Hulk" with the steel warehouse and the industrial material.
    Good to see you, i met a really pretty girl from Cologne, Germany this week.. all the time i was thinking.. stine stine stine

Claude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great photos. I'm a little envious though, I'd love to go to Switzerland, such a beautiful place (I imagine, and your photos show me that my imagination is not too far off). Anyway, glad to hear the stress is gone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the nice comments, guys!

legab - hey there, thanks for the tip with the urban/industrial-thread. unfortunately i don't live in a very industrial city, but i'll keep my eyes open...

vinc - grüße nach hamburg! thanks a lot.

rhynome - thanks! more landscapes are on their way...

eazym - thanks a lot!

claude - hey friend! stress level has risen already a little again, but everything is alright here. ugh, never thought of "block head" looking like a snake, but now that you've said it i can never look at it as a simple sheep head again! you're right about the "helicopter" shot, i should've seen that myself, thanks for poiting it out!
    oh, and by the way: german girls are the nicest ones.

dose206 - thanks a lot! switzerland is beautiful indeed. don't knwo how colorado springs is like... have only been once to colorado, visiting relatives in estes park. and that's a lot like switzerland there.

oookay, last bunch of the swiss series. hope i don't bore you with these...
    crits and comments as always welcomed!

first, another view from the balcony...

"suicide sky" (naaaah, it's a clothesline...)

"bella italia"

"bob tried really hard to find his shaver, but in vain..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really impressed by the huge bunch of work and the very good quality of your pictures, bravo ! And your SP is... How can I say that ? "Wunderbar" ? One of the most beautyful set of pictures I have see in this section.
    Cheers.
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bella Italia and Suicide Sky are definitelly my favs. Also number 5 for the angle. Actually I cant really say why i like no 5. It has that something so i'll just blame on the angle .

Just wanna stop right here and mention how much i like Suicide Sky. It's that whole contrast between the beauty and freedom of the skies and the sadness and ugliness of death. Reminds me of Beck's "Paper Tiger"...

*Adds the song to the playlist*

Right.. moving on. Bob really needs a shaving. Never been a fan of macro shots but this i like> Maybe because it's an unussuall kind of macro.

Right, before i end this just wanna say i really like Suicide Sky.

Great update, dudete! Cant wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see some photo's from you again
    the "test of time" pics are the best imo
    I got to look for you threads more regulerly :/

cu around Infinit

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'm with LeGab on the Suicide sky. Great concept. The last one is also very nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stine, I have to admit that much of the reason why I love your photography is the captions.

I like Suicide Sky, well I'm not a great fan of the title in this one; I'm definately not having a go at you, not at all, it's just not my taste. Though the caption does bring it back again. The reason I like it is because of the lines and blocks of colours. There's vary little variation in colour on the concrete or the rope or the sky, etc. It just looks good, and the way the eye follows down to the 'noose' has quite a good effect.

Le Gab, you anti-macro heathen! Before you mention my lack of camera I have been away for a bit and I wish I did have a camera, but then again it would have been a bit touchy to take photographs as it would have been of old Warsaw Pact equipment that coincidentally is the exact equipment the North Koreans are using and that the RAF is currently training on. It was also the base of 'Blue Streak', an eventually scrapped plan designed to take nuclear war-heads to East Germany and beyond. Looked like something out of a Bond film.

Back to Stine, as the post should be, thanks for the landscape. It's fantastic, shame there's noise, but I can ignore that and focus on the mountain. It's a really nice shot and thanks for that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice pictures stine,
    you are really good at titeling your pictures.
    i need to start tilteling my own pictures

My Gallery: Part one Part two

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really really enjoying your macro's...focus is on the spot
    favourites are lightbulb nr 1 and sparkling
    great attention to detail

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Stine, thanks for crits on mye photos, I think you have a lot of interesting stuff here, (the sheep was quite boring though hehe) My favourite is "poscht" I really like the colors.

Keep up the good work.

Well.. It's raining, it's misty and and eeearly morning now so I better go out to shoot some pics. hope to get something interesting out of it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks so much for your posts, guys. sorry i didn't answer earlier, was really busy the last week...

alday j. - thanks a lot for stopping by and for the kind words. *blush*

le gab - thanks, gabriel! glad you like that photo - funny, cause usually the picture i'm most uncertain whether to post it or not gets the most positive reaction. strange. really need to work on my judgement abilities.

infinit - hey there! hope you're all right. has the "zivi" already started? thanks for stopping by, always great to welcome you in my threads again.

eazym - thanks!

rhynome - hey, every time a pleasure to read your comments! didn't like the title of "suicide sky" at first, too. found it a bit too rough, i guess. sometimes it's hard to transport a meaning in a language that's not your mother tongue. on the other hand, some titles are way more catchy in english ("natural barcode" e.g.). so i have to admit that for me thinking about captions is as much fun as actually taking the photo.

barret - thanks a lot for stopping by again!

cigaro - thanks!

dieter - thanks! good luck with the "early morning shots", looking forward to see more from you.

sooo, last week i scratched all my money together and bought myself a new camera (canon eos 350d).
    a day later i was "set photographer" at a small diploma film project for a couple of days. took tons of photos (mainly portraits), but i don't think they're very "artsy". plus, i would'nt publish them here because i didn't ask the people there for their permission...
    so sorry for not posting any new stuff, just didn't have the time to take pictures beside those jobs... hope i'll be able to be more creative in the next weeks working at summer academy here.

again, thanks a ton for stopping by! cheers

stine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there, decided to post some pics from the film shoot -
    the main problem was that my camera is quite loud for a film set(i don't own a noise reducer...), so i could only take pictures inbetween shooting. and of course i tried not to stand in the way, which isn't that easy (we were shooting in a hospital the first day).
    so here we go, just a small serie...

in case you're interested, you can find the rest here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like three, five, six and that last one you posted.
    It's a shame in three that the man to the right's either so visible or not visible enough. It seems a bit like an unhappy medium.

I'm also quite taken with these photographs:
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...zesetzen03.jpg
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...stag/lesen.jpg

The first one because of the way the people are positioned; staggered, going back into the picture. Though for reasons unknown I just prefer number 2.

(What's being filmed anyway?)

Last edited by Rhynome; July 21st, 2006 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for your comment, rhynome. as always much appreciated!
    it was a short film, a diploma project about a young couple.

sooo, been really busy the last weeks, lots of different projects going on... right now i'm working at marburg's summer academy and also taking an evening drawing class. so there's not that much time for doing personal stuff. but here are some pictures i took in the last days. the second is taken with a friend's camera, the rest with my new canon...

bug-love

stand tall

summer in the city

woollen revolution

have a seat, please.

screenshot of my brain

Last edited by stine; July 30th, 2006 at 04:37 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.