Art: DELIRIUM :: UT2003 mod, needs help..
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: DELIRIUM :: UT2003 mod, needs help..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post DELIRIUM :: UT2003 mod, needs help..

Hello,

I'm working on a modification for Unreal Tournament 2003. The game isn´t released yet, but we have concept art done and our texture artist has made like 40 512*512 textures for use of the models. I've been searching for a Character modeller for about 2 months now, but with no success. Don`t get me wrong, I'm learning Max (its a MUST for editing in UT2003), but I'm still a newbie, and character modelling must be very different from decorations , architecture modelling (which I intend to learn). So I'm posting here to see if there are some good souls that can help us out in this project:

I guess you guys are into low poly modelling (2000-4000 polys) and thats the scale we are looking for in our characters. So in basis we are seeking a Character (Player) Modeller and a weapon modeller. If you can do both, then better If there are skinners here that can give a hand, then please do so.

So what is Delirium about, you ask? Here is a basic concept, taken from the most updated design doc version:

"The goal of Delirium is to bring to the Unreal Community (and the overall gaming community) the true middle ages feel of what battle, both personal and against groups (small groups or armies). We will prove that through our game modes, scenarios and environment and historically accurate information, all combined to bring the player the best experience possible."

That was the goal part actually

Well, in essence, what Delirium wants to bring to the Unreal community is bring the Medieval Warfare, as it really was, no fantasy stuff. This means the art of war, both as one on one fights and army against army battles ( like in Braveheart, Gladiator, etc), where thousands of soldiers take battle.

The game is class based, dividing the classes into 2 major groups: General and Army

- General classes: 1 player class, named "Warrior"
    - Army classes: 5 main classes, for the Army against Army battles

The first development stage of this game will be focused on the Warrior class gametypes: Sole Battle and Kill the King.

Well, that's the general info for the game, in the Design Document it is more detailed, but I dont think I can post 20 pages of information here .

By the way, the mod's website is http://delirium.150m.com
    (please click on the moddb Top 100 listing image please )

Well, thats about it. Thanks for reading that much. OH! Interested people should post here, or just mail me at quitgrin1@hotmail.com

later,
    Francisco 'GriNGoLoCo' Galárraga

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,550 Times in 2,162 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    for those of you making portfolios to get into games...this kind of thing is an excellent opportunity for the needed experience to get a job in the industry.

we hired two guys from the counterstrike mod making community...now they make the BIG bucks.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd be willing to help out.
    I use maya and not max though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sorry for not replying earlier

Grooveholmes: what would you like to do? we already have a weapon modeller (kinda noob) in the team, and a character modeller applied just today Can I see a sample of your work too?

by the way, we changed website host: now it's http://delirium.actionrealm.com (banner free :cool: )

In essence, you might be doing aubit of both, but that's up to you. Looking forward to your reply. By the way, dont worry about Maya Use it.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

Last edited by GriNGo; September 9th, 2002 at 04:23 PM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

I'd be willing to help out with anything art related on the project (textures, modelling, concepts) whatever is needed. ...gotta be art.. I couldn't code my way out of a paper sack.
    I need some more game exp. under my belt. Since evidently no one wants to hire me at the moment!

Do you guys have any type of deadline or milestones set up for production?

you can check out the bulk of my work at my site.
    Right here!
    Not really any game related art there right now, but this should give you the gist of what I can do.

:chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok man, so you are in

I saw your website, and all the work you have is pretty impressing In the team, we have a texture artist, Studio F (who is also a musician), one weapon modeller, Coolhead(he uses Maya PLE, and is 12 years old i think it will be a good experience for him), and one recently assigned character modeller. He also posts here, James Bradford is his name. We also have 2 concept artists, but they are not very into the development right now. Just today I recieved an Audio Guy application, and most certaintly he will work with us. I myself am a level designer, and also do the web managment stuff and PR.

Well, about the release date, the FIRST release is targeted for Q2 2003. But that isnt a deadline if you know.. modding is basicly like a hobby, and you do stuff for it in your free time.

You would help us out in concept drawing (loved your drawings ) , and modelling. We alreeady have some concept art stuff done, but it's more like a website decoration stuff, not targeted for player modelling, with no demensions or anything. I'll send you an email as soon as possible

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.