Thread: Wacom

Thanks

Wacom

Heya guys, I have no idea where to ask this so I thought the general forums would be a good place. I'm kind of stuck in deciding which tablet I should get myself. I've always wanted to get one since I hate working with my mouse. But I checked some of the tablets at wacomshop.com[.nl here] but those are pretty expensive so I don't want to make any wrong decisions.

I wanted to get myself the intuous 3 [8x11 inch] but that one is like 375 euros. So I was kind of wondering what the difference is between a graphire which is a lot less expensive and an intuous?

Since it's a lot of money I thought I should ask it first to people who have experiance with such things. Or is there another tablet which is a lot better to start out with? I've never worked with it before but I want to use it for painting/drawing and coloring on my pc.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    As I understand it, the Intuos is the professional model. The graphire is more for home users/hobbyists. Intuos's have 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, and Graphires have 512. An Intuos can also detect if you're tilting the pen as you draw, whereas a graphire can't.

Intuos also come with special pen nibs for different effects that aren't supported on a graphire.
    Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati