Sketchbook: From the Mind of The Penciler - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: From the Mind of The Penciler

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That picture in the forest and the one with the dragon looks realy good. Nicely composed.

My sketchbook:
    Page-1-2-3

SSG #12: The Twelve Disciples
    25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh-Flynn-Zhengpeng-Wim-Boogieman-Oki
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Liking this final black an white inked version alot penciller makes me feel damn giddy.
    Myonly crit would be that perhaps rethinking the 1st panel a little? the castle is hard to make out from the mountains, no pop but im still bowing on my crooked knee to ya

!!My New Animation Sketchbook!!

25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh-Flynn-Boogieman-Oki

Sponsor your own Animator, for only 1.25 a day. We can put an end to the suffering.
    Donations
    We accept most Credit cards, and food. Lots of food.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crit Flynn. Please, there is no need to bow i still suck! I will definately keep what you said about the 1st panel in mind in the future. Second page coming soon!

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."

From the Mind of The Penciler
    SSG #12
    25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    About this pic, I noticed for the first time(maybe cuz its in black white now) that there is something not right abou the face of the guy in the last frame. If you look at his hair, you would think that his face schould point more towards the background. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d2.../pg1blacks.jpg

For the rest, the black-white realy works for the castle and the silloute of the dragon, but in general i'm not a fan of inked works with large area's of black. They look very dull and flat.

My sketchbook:
    Page-1-2-3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, the black doesn't seem to allow for much detail, making it rather 'flat'. But to achieve a Frank Miller look, this is almost unavoidable I guess...
    Nice work, show us more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn dude, that ink is great. looks a lot more dramatic now. With taht much black on it, i think you should leave it as it is.

CCAD FRESHMEN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zhengpeng and wim:i think detail in black and white is infered sometimes which can be fun if you can pull it off. Both Frank Miller and Mike Mignolia are masters at telling stories in this style and thier art, although simple, conveys alot of emotion and tells a great story without alot of detail. Personally i think it's awesome but i have found it's much more difficult than i imagined. In any case thank you both for taking the time to check it out.
    Master: Thanks for the props!

Here is another one. This is page two:

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff penc. keep it up. this mythica looks cool lol. u should update ur signature to include the whole ssg, lol. peace.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    um yeeah ...well i forgot how to do that.

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work here mr Penciler. I really like it. Keep at it, and post more. And i would love to see more of those pencil works u make, they are really nice.

Check put my schetchbook if you please
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61551

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Inks are looking real cool, I really like the 1st and 2nd panel of the 1st page. Awesome. Altho panel 4 and 5 kinda bothers me. Feels like all that black on the dude is a little too much, specially in panel 4. It looks kinda odd. Maybe if you just made the core shadow pure black and crosshatched the rest? You seem to be steering clear of hatching tho.. I don't know, just think all that black makes the dude a little flat.

-hal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -ThePenciler-
    As you build your sketchbook and showcase your work up to now, you definately show moments of briliance.

Your inking skills are very well developed, not too busy with lines and hatching and your choice of blacks throughout are nicely designed and placed. Facial work moments of brilliance also peek through on ocassion such as the Xanthia designs - the uppermost of the 3 squares where she's looking over her shoulder has appeal and good proportion. Anatomy-wise you've done well on the Centaur vs. Girl with the two swords. She has great proportion and the pose works fine.

Please understand that I enjoy looking through this thread and you have a good chunk of work here, but I want to stress that a series of figure drawing sessions (you may well be doing this already) and use of reference will continue to do you a world of good as you progress. I look forward to more of your comic works. Go for it man, you've got the chops!

-Yeticatcher

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thank you Tom. That's the most insperational reply i've recieved in a long time. Alas, i will heed your advice, and get back to life drawing again. I can go every Sat. for free but often i don't cuz i'm working on a comic or something. No more. I will be there, ready and willing this Saturday!!

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problem. It's all genuine, but the flattness that people might be reacting to particularly in thde blacks of your inks (though they are well thought) might be taken care of as you polish your anatomy. You'll be better prepared to add volume where it needs to be and therefore the designs will be that much stronger.
    Make sure your life drawing work includes contrast and volume to help you design the lighting on your figures. That's the key to the blacks and hatching in your comic work.
    Peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been getting some great advice in here and i want to say thanks to everyone. I'm working on squeezing in some life drawing whenever i can. I'm about ready to duct tape a pencil to my hand or something so i can just draw all the time. Anyway, here's some stuff i was able to scan in.
    This one is of a friend of mine at a party last weekend.

this one i did in Audio class (obviously not from reference)

..and this one is of a guy in my sociology class giving a presentation. He looks excited doesn't he?

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing I've noticed is that your figures all have a strong contour line.

Vary the line wieght ie. make thicker lines where there is stress/wieght and thinner lines in the appropriate places.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey , your right! i never noticed that. Thanks man! I'll work on that!

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update penciller, some advice here tho

I been goin back through my David Gemmell collection (fantasy books an shit, they own!) and its just hit me now your style could really pop alot of his stories out .

Btw update your signiture lazy git. Oh and which 3d program you being tutored in? Xsi?

!!My New Animation Sketchbook!!

25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh-Flynn-Boogieman-Oki

Sponsor your own Animator, for only 1.25 a day. We can put an end to the suffering.
    Donations
    We accept most Credit cards, and food. Lots of food.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol glueing your pencil to your hand is a good idea :p, but you should keep those secret tactics to yourself... now everyone will want to do it!

Nice table(transparency reflection and all that shit looks cool), but that muscular guy looks lame. If you want to draw someone that looks strong, don't just draw the arm and muscles bigger. Try to put some more thin-thick contract into it and keep the shape of the arm intact. Try to accentuate the smaller muscles instead of the big ones(that way it won't look like a balloon-arm).

My sketchbook:
    Page-1-2-3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As i said before, your pencil work is realy nice. I especially like the one with the guy sitting on a sofa and thinking. It makes me feel that the drawing has life in it.
    And come see my last updates

Check put my schetchbook if you please
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61551

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flynn: I updated my sig I'm not sure what you mean about the Gemell thing. I'm using 3dMax 8 right now.
    Zhengpeng: Thanks for the advice on muscles, i'll work on that.
    T-Raktor: Thanks for the comments

I did the girl from a photo here. Then i decided i wanted to do a close up of her eyes. That part is just me screwing around. Enjoy!

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those close up eyes need more work...even for a skrewing around sketch :p. For me a zoomed in study realy helps(that reminds me, I must study it aswell). Anyway, something tells me that the eyeline is tilted too much compared to the hair. The eyelashes look unnatural and the eyebrows a slightly too low. The main picture looks good thought, keep the lifedrawings comming. I'll join ya in a few days when my anime fever has settled down :p.

My sketchbook:
    Page-1-2-3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the life drawings, specially the second one from your class. Keep doing that stuff. On the reffed drawing the strong outline around her lips make her mouth look a little strange. That might also be because the chin and the are between the upper lip and the nose is hardly rendered at all.

-hal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this mind sound a bit weird but good job on her boobs. very natural, lots of people drop rock hard who gives a fuck about gravity boobs.

do some more!

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Penciler!
    I really like that one of your friend at the party~
    Has a nice loose feel, and the subject's expression and posture speak nicely~
    do more like that! please
    O and you asked in my thread and I forgot to answer I am Q3 here at AiS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boogieman: I really suck at rendering and shading. I just haven't developed the patience for it, but i'm working on it.
    tensai: thanks, i have probably spend more time drawing boobs than anything else,lol.
    grudge: i will do more stuff like that as soon as i get through the next two weeks. It's finals time, so i'm doing things that i have to do to get projects done. One of those things is this short flash animation for my audio class. We have to recreate Little Red Riding hood and then do all the audio crap! It's supposed to be three minutes long and i told him that being that i haven't had any animation classes yet i seriously dought i'll be able to do three minutes of animation. My group is doing something more flash do get the job done quickly. I can tell you that this project will not be something i'm proud of. We all just want to finish this class and get back to drawing. So here are some of the craptastic key frames i threw together.

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks nice. i like the hands. hmm u wanna know about the smudge tool eh. u need photoshop CS to use it. but id be glad to give u a link anyways.

heres the link:
    cgsosiety modern masters

the dude is a croatian comic artist. and prolly my new favorite artist out there. k gtg later.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that ref pic of the girl is really good man. I think that when you pic photos, you should try to pic the ones with good shadow shapes from a direct light. You did a pretty good job rendering the glass table in the sketch of your friend too.

Sexy bitch looks hot lol. I drew that guy before but from real life ref. A tip for the hand is to block it in first without the fingers then do the fingers last.

CCAD FRESHMEN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    boy i'm just boincing all over the place. that's the only thing i don't like about this curiculum here is that we are doing so many different things at once. Here is another 3d building i did.

SSG #12
    -Boogieman-Oki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye~ I hate that about the Ai schools, and it seems to be a common thread with them all.... you get so so much work dumped on you at any given time..... there just isn't enough time to make it all high quality, not to mention learn from it!
    Flash character isn't looking bad.... I mean if nothing else it should look cute once complete, and if you've seen tiny plaid ninjas, than you know cute can win at life!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.