Sketchbook: My drawing journal...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My drawing journal...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My drawing journal...

Hi, this is the first time that I post something so I hope it will work.....I have enjoyed to draw for several years now, but I always was involved in so many activities. Now I finally decided that I want to improve my drawing.....It would be great if you could give me some tips.....
    I took projective geometry classes for two years, and want now concentrate on free hand drawings. Here are some of my works.....

Here are my first trys with a nude model....

I really have problems with proportion...can sombody suggest a book I could use to learn about anatomy drawing....

Last edited by wildthing; January 7th, 2006 at 10:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like pensil and charcoal.....yesterday I thought I should try some other utensils....
    Here are some pics I did in my room.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I'm back to pencil again....the pencil lines look a little bit week...they are better on the original...I don't have a scanner and the digi cam isn't really working as I would like it to work.....

I totally forgot how much I enjoy drawing...now I would like to spend every minute surrounded by pencils, charcoal and paper.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really have problems with proportion...can sombody suggest a book I could use to learn about anatomy drawing....
    You can get the Loomis books for free.

http://24.231.242.35:8882/AnonymousF...oomis%20Books/

They're free, awesome, extrememly helpful both for learning and reference, and did I mention that they're all free?

Also, instead of giving generalized crits, I'll just point out the most important error I saw.

You drew the couch, but the perspective is very confusing. Since the sides of a couch are parrallel, they should all go towards one vanishing point. This is not the case in your picture though, and it messes it up. Perspective is very very important in pretty much any picture you will ever draw, so make sure you pay attention tovanishing points at least. No need to grab a ruler and double check, but make sure you are keeping an eye out while drawing.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for taking the time to point out my errors....I am already working on it....looks so much better when I pay attention to the perspective. I totally forgot about concentrating on the vanishing points because I just tryed to concentrade on the picture....I'll do some more tonight.....
    In the morning I was working a little bit with charcoal....I tried to concentrate on light and volume.....

Now I'll go back to work...

Last edited by wildthing; January 8th, 2006 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anatomy book I'll recommend is Richard Hatton's "Figure Drawing".

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was doing some faces yesterday...didn't have too much time cause I was working all day....the Loomis book is a nice way to learn about the proportions....here are some of my first trys...

and here I tryed to use what I learned by drawing a picture of my kid....

even looks like him!
    I'm working on some more faces but the proportion is kind of the easiest part...I have such a hard time with shading or doing the eyes so they look like people and not like mosters.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is another face I did today. At the moment I just draw from pictures because I can't ind anybody who is willing to sit still for a while.....

I did this one earlier today....I wanted to catch the tension of the body....the hands turned out very small....

I hope I can get the Figure Drawing book soon...

It would be great if you could leave me some critique...
    thx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,
    when I was preparing my portfolios for applying to Colleges for the architecture program I kind of got stuck on drawing portraits...While I was on Maui I finally got away from the portraits and ryed some landscape....here is the view of my backyard...

During the last months i was really busy, but I hope I can finish some more drawings pretty soon...

Johanna
    -you can't stop the wave, but you can learn to surf it-

My Photography

My sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.