My fanart of Prince of persia: two thrones (I tried my best)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I took your word with sorting out the human anatomy so I tried and this is the best I can get with anatomy.

btw it is a great game but this game has no gore in combat like in Warior within.

Should I work more on anatomy or is it somthin' else I should focus on.

(what I used for colour) Watercolour paints and Ulead Photo express

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think at this point in your artistic career you are trying to do too much at once. Watercolour is an especially difficult medium to control, and on top of that, you seem to be struggling with colour, light and shadow and basic form. My advice is to do some life drawings in plain pencil, and build your kowledge from there. Remember, you have to learn to walk before you can run.

The best way to practice anatomy is to do simple line drawings from reference. If you find that boring, use a reference for one of your coloured paintings, you seem to like doing them best.

Last edited by waronmars; January 6th, 2006 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by waronmars
    I think at this point in your artistic career you are trying to do too much at once. Watercolour is an especially difficult medium to control, and on top of that, you seem to be struggling with colour, light and shadow and basic form. My advice is to do some life drawings in plain pencil, and build your kowledge from there. Remember, you have to learn to walk before you can run.

The best way to practice anatomy is to do simple line drawings from reference. If you find that boring, use a reference for one of your coloured paintings, you seem to like doing them best.
    Thank you very much for your nice comment, I'll give that a try sometime with the real drawings but with backgrounds though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

I totally agree with Waronmars.
    I am still trying to walk myself .

Keep working on it.
    Buy some books about anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by waronmars
    Remember, you have to learn to walk before you can run.

"FAIL, FAIL AGAIN, FAIL BETTER"

Learning human anatomy is not possible it never ends. All you can hope for is a improvement on your pervious drawing books are a small help life drawing the best and looking in a mirror and posing yourself somewhere in-between.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree that learning anatomy, like anything, never ends, there will always be something else you can improve, however I don't agree that you cannot LEARN it. Improvement will come alot faster with the use of teaching materials, and peer advice, as well as practice, rather than solely life drawing. It is a combination of these things that will speed learning, which combination is best depends on the individual.

Actually anatomy books give alot of useful advice about how to approach your studies of anatomy, and detail things like constructing poses and the bone and muscle structure of the human body, which you would not learn by only life drawing. That said, though, life drawing is a very valuable tool, and will help not only anatomy but also form and lighting.

KrystallWolveIT, good to see you are ready to improve your art! Go for it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rWDrk
    I totally agree with Waronmars.
    I am still trying to walk myself .

Keep working on it.
    Buy some books about anatomy.
    I should have one a art book which will explain about anatomy but I lost it, I've got quite alot of junk in my house but I'm gonna look for it since I'm looking for my other stuff to.

thanks to everyone alot for your helpful comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Look on Amazon.com or some other reliable shopping sight and buys soem of Burne Hogarths books, I think they are useful.

I was like you through school and also during the 1st one and a half years of college. But once I did life model drawing for a few weeks, I started to see a dramatic improvement. So right now, a year later, I am learning all I can, ignoreing the pull to create some 'cool' pictures. I do create what I like sometimes, but I try to use the time to study, and it pays off in the end.

Remember that your end goal is to land a professional job, and to do this you need knowledge. Well, atleast thats my goal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmm, a big improvement on previous works. I agree with other comments, you are trying too much at once. The anatomy in general doesn't line up, the hand especially jumps out as being very blocky and unnatural. Your colours are also always very muddy, nothing is distinct in your art. Your ultimate aim should be to be able to represent complex overlapping forms without lines at all, simply very precise use of colour and lighting.

Burne Hogarth - Dynamic Anatomy is an excellent book, I think every artist can benefit from it. I think concentrating on nothing but line drawings of anatomy for a while would be a huge help to you. Do you have a sketchbook thread where you could post all your anatomy studies? That would help us follow you as you progress.

My sketchbook Critical Feedback = Luv

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bridgmans complete guide to drawing the human body is a very good book too, if you can't go to life drawing classes, the best thing to do is to take a smallish sketchbook everywhere you go and just keep drawing everything around you, do it 20mins a day and you'll definetly see an imoprovement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    even with what others have said about the basics, i think that if those were implemented then this would be very succesful.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.