Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks

>>>>>>portfolio Review Thread & Rules<<<<<<<<

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING ARTWORK, NEW RULES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED

The Portfolio Review Thread was designed for amatuer artist to display their artwork as a unified body in order to help them enhance their over presentation and level of artwork. I would love for this review to happen twice a year. Once in the beginning of the year and another in the middle around mid June. Each person submitting their portfolio should have a minimum of 10 up to a maximum of 12 artworks.

Presentation is key, the idea of this is to present your portfolio as you would a prospective client or college. The contents of your portfolio is entirely up to the specific individual BUT! you are not allowed to show and sketches unless they are combined with other sketches or are done in a professional manner with a purpose and the purpose not being to fill space. Sizes is up are up to the artist. I would generally say we should display them smaller so that we dont have enormous artworks taking up massive space on this thread (and I don't want Jason to curse me out for this one). IF you have an artwork that needs to be large to really appreciate it, then please post a large version of it. Also, it is vital to include your age, what your current portfolio is for and what are your specific goals in art.

Everyone is encouraged to post their comments about an artist portfolio but, the professionals are highly encouraged. I would love to have as many professional artist help out here. You are the guiding force of these forums. We look to you for inspiration, guidence and information to the careers many of us want to take one day. So, please help us out. Give us your crits and comments and please be very "real" about them. I would also love for the professional to give a grade like in school with A+ being the best. Having that said I hope many people participate and I wish you all the best of luck in the new year and in your future careers.

Last edited by vigostar; January 11th, 2006 at 10:25 AM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great ideas Vigostar. I would love for this to happen. It would be great to have my portfolio reviewed by pro's. Their advice would be invaluable.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    great, and I'm in if thats the case!

Thanks
    well, we gotta keep this thread going so that more people view it... so, far the response has been minimal. so, if we get more people interested then I can make a call for the pros to volunteer their services

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    not a bad idea, getting pros to commit is prolly pretty hard, but a general rolling thread of portfolio review is probably not a bad idea, maybe jes take the non pro advice with a grain of salt, as it prolly takes more experience to crit something like that then lets say the lighting on a dudes forehead.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Im definatley in!
    Tim

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Ok, so what about this..... Lets say we take Red Rooks advice and do a rolling portfolio review. Anyone is free to comment and the pros are very encouraged to do so. Lets, limit it to a 10 piece portfolio. Size limits??? Actual material in the portfolio is up to the individual artist but, it MUST have a professional look to it. How does this sound? Should there be a submission stating date? To allow people to gather material or shall we start it now and let people submit work as they go?

SketchBook

Thanks
    If I can reserve a spot now (assuming this happens), I'm in. I'm pulling together some new stuff as I type this. Would be great to get a better idea of where I stand in the world, since I haven't been on many interviews.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 469 Posts
    could it be set up as a new section of the site, like the It's Finished or Lounge are sections? That seems like the most logical way to do it. Of course I don't know a damn thing about running a message board, so maybe that's alot of trouble. dunno

"Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Well, keep the ideas coming people.... We would need a mods help on this one.. Maybe they would be able to give better ideas on how to effectively make this happen and run smoothly. Thinking about this further this whole idea could roll in conjucntion with some of the ideas the admins had for the future of CA like the classes that were going to take place on the boards... This may be a nice set-up for something like that. I just think that there are alot of talented people on these boards and I feel that there are some that are very close to branching off and start getting paid for their work but, certain things need focusing on or their presentation is lacking.

So keep those ideas coming peeps...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Great idea, I like the idea of having it as a new section like sketchbooks, but for portfolios, like Tfk suggested, where everyone can make crits/comments.

Thanks
    Yeah I think it'd be cool if there was a whole section for it, with each portfolio having its own thread. That way all the crits and comments could be kept nice and clean and not get jumbled up everywhere.

Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    Yea, and limit the number of works posted to like 10-20, and have them all In the firts post. then comments and crits after that. Sounds really cool!

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.