Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: emily (11.28: more costumes and stuff)

Thanks
    @glikster: i'm glad you're here to tell me what mechs with prongs do to victims and, i feel that all my heads look the same too

@spiffiness:will try...to draw...sharper...faces...GAH! it's so hard for me.

@Onir: yeah...i'm not sure i'm patient enough for watercolors >.<

@DR_Inferno: trying to work on non static images...

@Farvus: thanks. mmm trying to go back into studies soon. bleh. i hate skeletons. pld:

@Vishaka: hehe, that's cool. maybe we're long lost twins

@Unbreakable: drawing at the zoo is hard! i hate stupid flying monkey things, i can't draw them!
    --------------------------------
    I have a bunch of life drawings but no camera so oh well. Here's what I've done in my sketchbook.

i'm happy that i did the bottom drawing without any ref...her hand is a bit big but who cares. i even...PUT HER IN A SETTING!!! *gasp*
    emily (11.28: more costumes and stuff)

trying to teach myself how to shade faces using a mirror. this is basically the style i'd like to be able to use for my chars...without a mirror. i started some without ref and i think i'm getting it down

today's sketchgroup topics - "crazy vacuum dances in jungle" and "beached whale in tub". obviously i can't draw jungles, vacuums, whales, or tubs. i still like how the first one came out though.
    Last edited by hp; January 2nd, 2007 at 06:21 PM.

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great art, and funky rant Emily. You've got some damn nice tones in there, and your non-ref studies are really starting to pay off.

As to the sketchgroup, I feel your pain. Hang in there!!! You just have to keep at it. The frustrated lazy ones will eventually drop off and you'll have a core group that goes hard. I usually just shout "less talky more drawy!" when we've been digressing over coffee. We've got a great solid group now that gets a fair bit done.
    And tell anime fan to start drawing more real people. He can get back to anime when he understands how anatomy works. Facial expressions in cartoons are all about believability, and that comes from studying how people interact and emote. The silly sod.
    As to the 3CH thing, have you tried the adjective-sketch idea that Marko and Wes did at Montreal? That might get them moving, as they only have to individually think of a word each. You'd think they were trying to do rocket science.
    Erilaz

Books of love:
    RebeccaK bumskee dirty_c Iconophobian Steph Laberis

Thanks
    hey hp, nice update. you shade very nicely lol; really like that face on the first page.. not to down play the unreffed drawing of course, that came out really nicely as well. not much I can crit on em and great work since that is in fact without a ref nice page of your mirrored-selfs, I like the shading on em. the jungle with the dancing vacuums is really cool in my opinion, love the lady's expression, and the whale in the tub made me laugh. really nothing to crit except maybe watch the proportions on your self portraits (which can be really hard if you're using a mirror).

sorry that the sketchgroup is kinda having a rocky time I kinda know what you mean. luckily in my case the people I deal with have thicker skin when getting critiqued and actually listen to what my opinion is on a matter. now, the group of people I know is most definitely smaller than yours (in fact I'm pretty sure very few people at NU actually draw outside of class...), so that might be why I'm having a bit easier go of things. either way though, you really should just tell them thatif they want to be an artist of any type they gotta learn to listen to advice and not to get offended with crap. just my take on things of course.. I'm sure you know how to handle things

that got a bit long... sorry about that. either way keep up the good work and good luck with your sketchgroup stuff.

Thanks
    I feel your pain about the sketchgroup.... I tutored and substituted before... but you would think if they're there voluntarily...

I love your shading, and that non ref lady is looking great!
    Also, the vacuum and jungle are looking super animator-y... great!

Thanks
    Yeah, animals running are hard to draw but that is the fun part!
    New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    i really like the waterfall sketch! It's pretty!

Man, that sucks with the sketchgroup. I'd be like, STFU and draw! Stupid mofos... LOL

Thanks

Excellent understanding of the figure

You've got some good stuff, keep up the good work. I need to start up my sketchbook thread here soon. But i'll be sure to come back and crit your new stuff.

Thanks
    There's a lot of progress in here. I really like your rendering style. Keep up the life drawing, it will help you immensely.

Thanks

This si cool, very castle in the sky.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    I dig the shading in those faces.

As for the sketchgroup. I noticed lots of people like this on other forums. They seem to be more interested in cartoons than drawing. I guess it will take some time to convince them that there is no shortcut and that the foundations are necessary to gain freedom in creativity. Good luck with that
    I wish there was some sketchgroup where I live. It's really hard to find people with similar interests. I mean illustration or conceptart.

Thanks
    wow u have an excellent style and a great eye. thanks for the inspiration!!!! just 1 thing, ur drawings are getting quite repetitive (which is definatly not a bad thing) and since ur great at the portraits and antomy you should have a go at sumthing a little more crazy. do sumthing funky with colours and make things do things that they shouldnt. in your drawings you are god.
    -- go wild u have the talent, theres nothing stoppong u

Thanks
    @Erilaz: oh you don't understand...i was like, "OK! A NOUN!?!? ANYONE!?!? A NOUN!?!? A FUCKING NOUN!" *thinks, oh.my.god. they can't come up with a noun.* "OK, NOW A VERB! A VERB!!!??!?!!" they seriously were too shy or too lazy to think of anything themselves...

@Onir: well, i was trying to "stylize" the faces into how i normally doodle, but with realistic shading.

@Unbreakable: i guess i just need to go to the zoo more =P

@spiffiness: hehe thanks. update more! no excuses!

@archnemesis dbal: thanks!

@Fishspawn:thanks!

@hito: hehe, never watched it, but thanks.

@Farvus: thanks! yeah it was hard to find ppl to come to the sketchgroup, although i got a lot of emails. i have like 77 members technically, but only about 8-12 are really involved.

@seb182:
    i always feel like my drawings are repetitive...i need to branch out.
    ----------------------------
    i'm too lazy to scan my life drawings and my sketchbook. the good news is...I'M ALMOST DONE WITH MY SKETCHBOOK WOOOO!!!! first time ever that i felt that i had a "real" sketchbook that wasn't all like, torn out and one small doodle per page. i got a new bigger sketchbook so hopefully i will learn to draw bigger.

sketch:

some color:

some thing i drew a while back for "my parents are superheros" and never finished.

dunno if i ever posted these...i was trying to figure out that method of doing white on black really quickly. one is "tombs of atuan" fanart and one is me copying the prince of persia artwork. btw, i used the "flat color" pen to do these in painter.

anddddd drawing outfits i want to make but...i suck at crafts. and i wish i had an occasion to wear a sexy business outfit with cateye glasses.

and just cuz it's funny...BATWING NIPPLE THINGIES!!!!
    Last edited by hp; January 2nd, 2007 at 06:20 PM.

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Okay, that last one is just scary. 0_o

I think my fav in that lot is actually the one of your superhero mother. Really nice flow of the form, although something is going weird down in the lower calf/foot area.

Heh, and you're right! Nothing makes you learn something faster than being forced to teach it!
    Erilaz

Books of love:
    RebeccaK bumskee dirty_c Iconophobian Steph Laberis

Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast