Sketchbook: You Lack Discpline! - Page 14

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't Updated in a Bit
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool new stuff bud. I see a lttle 300 action. Very cool. Keep up the work. You've got a nack with poses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx. I kinda felt the opposite, I think they are one of my weaknesses I need to practice pose creation because it feels so repetitive to me, and i need to practice making backgrounds and such. I need a whole lot of work I'm just running out of free time. I'm gonna try to get more work in

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No Photoshop, No Crop....A little sketch in OC. stupid mouse.
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we ought to hook up on CA sketcher sometime. It's good to see some color in your work. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sure thing, I had always thought that coloring was something I could only do when my line work was perfect, but now I'm thinking I don't have time for a rule like that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scott Robertson much?
    freehand perspective is weird. I just don't have his level of creativity, or anything for that matter.
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your faces are awesome!

my only complaint is how imcomplete alot of your sketches are. draw those hands! draw those ankles! draw those toes! draw those claws! you know you need to

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuff mate. I really enjoy the vehicles and airships. Man, it's so nice to see you progress with the human form as well. ;] Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks =]
    More planes..and bad figures jeez look at the waste on the lower one.
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oki
    hmm
    I think you need to try to explore the forms within the shape
    these are all pretty much outlines
    and as such you seem to be in a rut

try some gesture drawing... not the drawing of people making gestures
    by which I mean using a single contiuos line to describe the rounded forms within the forms... your hand should be makeing the gesture as you draw

not just the out lines

in fact avoiud out lines
    give it a try
    ait acan be very freeing

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I shall get those gesture drawings in the work, I already have a few at school, but until I get a digi cam i won't be able to show them. ok here's a little vehicle thing, aquatic...kinda thing...yeah just look at it.
    I need a mentor in this field of vehicles and drafting technology and such. I'm quite new to it..
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    30 min quickie...No Nipples?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ThabisoMhlaba; April 6th, 2007 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Here is the first part. Old stuff.. New stuff comes tomorrow. I need some sleep!

Hi Voice..Thanks a lot for your pm! Really made my day ^^

I first just want to point out that this is one of the most
underrated books I have seen on CA , and that I gave it a 5 to try to get it up some!
Here is some critique that i promised.

I'm starting on page 6.. I know its long time ago and stuff.. But theres some stuff I want to point out.!

***Post312***

The portrait is kinda flat, and its hard to read especially the eyes!
seems like you got bored in the process of shading the hair, and the rest just got
left haha. I think to improve it you should change the angle of the left side
of the face, it looks like she got a very wide face, and not very female'ish
in fact, when i look at the jawa and the eyes i'm not even sure its a she
.. but I'm assuming it is hence the lips and the hair.
If its a male , then good job on the jaw area.. If its not, then I do still
think that making the whole jaw like a V would help.
Also softening the skin some would help to get the female look.. and if its
a guy, then you could shade more around the chin areas to make the face a little
harder. The eyes wich is kinda hidden back there, should get some darker lids around them to
make the appereance better.. right now that is one of the things that flattens the face , and
darkening the eye lid would also make me more sure if its a girl or a guy.. right now
it looks like a guys eyes. ( I'm really confused with this one haha )
As for the hair.. Nice , but try to take your time with it! Its great on the left side, but it lacks
patience on the right side.. Sharpen that pencil! and if you work with mechanical, try to
draw long lines, and don't rush!

The girl:
Very nice! You have good observations skills! I suggest trying work
on the line weight, your lines are clean.. but not very interesting! it looks
like you draw some hard lines and tried to erease them! Otherwise, very nice
drawing.. But yeah, try to get some line more lineweight.. it would
make your work so more interesting!

***Post 314***

*Rotating the screen*
Nice drawing! its a little stiff, and it seems like you having the same troubles
as i have.. You don't know where and how to put the hand to make them look
as if the flow in the picture and make sense! They are just there.. in the
end of the arm doing nothing at all..
The famous marko djurdjevic does this really nice.. same with coro and andrew ley.
marko does very expressive hands.. while andrew ley always seems to find a way
to put the arms in a natural pose so the hands doesn't looks stiff and like if they didn't made any sense.
Try to open the hands up some.. like the girl in post 312!
Also, notice that when someone move.. the arms are reversed to the legs.. so when
the right leg steps a head.. the right arm goes back.. to keep the balance!
If you apply this to your stuff ( very basic and easy to remeber when you have got it pointed out! )
I think your characters will look a lot more natural !
Also always think of it in general! It will look very stiff and unnatural if
a character is standing up.. having both the right leg and arm pointed a head.. and the
left leg and arm pointed back.. as long as its no pose that require having it in this way ( like some sort of kung fu kick or stand )
it will just look stiff.
Another thing you could think of is to twist the body.. Study a lot of anatomy so you will know how to apply
twist and still make it look natural! Its hard!

The faces on that page is looking really good! again, work on the lines.. push them , add contrast and value!
Also.. don't out line the lips to hard.. it will look like some super model who have filled the lips up with shit
to make em look pretty.. it might look more like a duck if you push to hard ^^

The second page is nice.. kinda expressive also.. cause you got the naturalism down in the picture
without being 100% correct with the facial features.. This normally comes down wiht tons and tons
of practice.. but you got it down in that picture.. except for the eye that still look kinda.. 'taken out of a drawing book'
As for facial-feature critique.. The nose is to big.. not "huge" but it runs to far dow on the face..
that makes the place of the mouth wrong also.. wich also makes the space between mouth and jaw very small!

From the place where the hair start.. down the eye browns, there is 1 nose lenght! from the eyebrowns down to
the tip of the nose , there is one noes lenght ( hehe of course! ) and from the tip of the noes down to the jaw.. there
is also one noes lenght! Think of that when you draw a face and you won't make the same mistake again ^^
Nice nose btw, even if its missplaced!

The shading is kinda flat on the face, try to think in cubes, spheres, and other basic shapes!
Think of how the shadow would look on these if you put a hat on.. a head is basicly a round shape! the shading won't

be flat on something that is round.. practice how drop shadow work! Visit Idiot apathy's threads!
basicly just play around with shadows and shapes!

The drawing with the body.
Nice! you are good at drawing girly-bodies! haha
the left arm seems off, or at least to thick, and the arm-"convolution/crease" seems to run to far and
to heavy on both arms.. just soften it up some!

the right leg looks kind of small.. and wierd some how, like if it wasn't attached
to the body right! and man. Work on your lines! Make em interesting haha

The figure. (posting link so you can keep track on what piece i'm am critic against ^^)
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1161120362

The upper body + arms and head is damn nice! the left leg is way to small, and looks like
it belong to some old 70 year + lady.
The right leg doesn't look as deformed.. but still very weak, and not very "girly " either..
nice foot though ^^
I think the problem is where you have attached the legs to the body.. The butt ain't big enough.. and
therefore you've tried to make the legs fit to the tiny lower body ^^
So its pretty simple to correct.. Redo the legs and butt .
Very nice otherwise, the hands are expressive! and they don't look like if they where in a stiff or wrong place.
The arm anatomy is kinda wonky.. look at yourself in the mirror. We all have the same kind of muscle
construction! You can apply a womans muscles on a guys body you know.. you only need to play with
the muscles who grow.. and exaggerate em when nessesary
The deltiod seems fine.. but the connection to the biceps is looking very off. like if you just
drew lines in hope to actually catch the right look ^^ practice anatomy!

Maximus vir:

Nice. better anatomy then usally.. Only the shoulders looks kinda to much like a hill or a V shape.
Watch that left arm.. the biceps looks kinda wonky and to "long" and therfore the rest of the arm ( especially the underam )
looks off, and rushed.
If you keep your arms relaxed.. you will notice that your elbows touch or is in the same height
as your pelivs bone. Think of this when you draw arms in a relaxed position.. will hopefully
help you with the proportions! The left side of the pelvis area looks a little off.. i think its
because the line that run down to the crotch is to close .
Otherwise as i said, nice anatomy.. its getting better!

The girl:

Nice upper body! looks natural. I don't know if thats some sort
of help or guide line on the arm.. because it doesn't really fit the rest
of the shapes on the armour/clothes on the body.. Look into
tribal and stylized graphic.. You can probably learn alot from looking
at old armor as well since they often had cool marks and graphics on them!
Again the but is to small and therefor you make the legs to tiny.. This time
it doesn't look like if they belong to an old lady.. but they are to tiny!
Theres a lot better lines on this one, you can actually see whats going
on and where you choosed to "show the form" , good!
The face is really nice.. best so far of those i've looked at! ( hopefully i say that again! )
I just wish you didn't scribbled the hands the way you do.. you just left em out and it makes the whol
arm thing look stiff.
The character could need some sort of action.. It is very stiff, the legs and the way you placed
the hands doesn't help really.. I think that twisting the lower body, and putting the legs into action would help!
I personly love how lukias does it! His figures are very dynamic.. and always slightly twisted haha, just have a
look and you'll know what i mean!
* On the bottom of the character it looks like as if the left leg was closer to use then the right leg is.

*Adding link again*
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1161120429

Nice concept!

hehe, the shoulders are very wide and it looks like theres a huge gap between the shoulder and the chest.
and that you did hide it behind the clothes.
First asstablish a good figure, then apply the other stuff.. I think it will help if you do it this way
do some guidelines .. you can erase those later!
The arms seems pretty short.. and the hand ain't so expressive.. The finger of the left hand
that we can see is very short.. and if you would to make it more expressive.. I think you should just bend it some and
do it slightly longer!
Add some balance to the character also.. the legs seems to heading to the ground in a V shape .. which
will make her fall over ^^
hehe also always consider the 8th rule.. or 7½ if you want to.. but somewhere around that guide-line.
It will help you make the legs with better proportions! Til' now they have been to short on your concepts.. and
there is almost always h huge gap between the crotch and the navel.
Nice technical shading in the background!

*The faces

The one at the top.
Very nice facials.. even if the eyes are slightly stylized.. lol boxes ^^
I guess you could apply some darker lines to the eye lid , but anyways i think its really nice!
just work on the lines.. I know its doodles and stuff ( you even use lined paper, argh! haha )
but I guess its ok thinking of such stuff anyways!

The girly face is very good! only critique is that the eye , right eye is slightly to big i think.. or the left is to small. haha
also the right ear seems huge!
*btw, note that from shoulder to shoulder it will be place for pretty much exactly 3 heads! just
another proportion "rule" that you might think of
It looks fine on this one though!

Last one.
Very nicely rendered! I can see you haven't thought so much about the arm anatomy.. I guess it something
you should work on .. the biceps area is almost always kind of "made up" ^^ its to much of a tube, and no definition on the arm.
work on that!!
Where the foot ends. it should actually start ^^ Again the legs are to short! Its basicly the upper leg
that is heavly shortened. Just notice!

**Post318**

Better ligthing on faces! Improvement!
Don't rush the shading.. haha i'm not the guy to tell you.. but it looks like you do rush as soon
as you rendering something! ( wes inspired ? ) nice nonetheless!

The anatomy of those two looks kind off weird. haha The chest and rib cage is very deformed
on the left one.. I think you should grab an anatomy book.. or look at yourself in the mirror!
I do belive it would help tons for small but basic stuff like this one!
The legs on the left one is to short, and make it looks like if the whole thing is a deformed midget but
with a "normal" upper body! ( mentler study ? ? ) I suggest studying bridgman, loomis , hogarth or mentler.. and
keep studying from life! or/and from yourself!

Nice lip and nose studies.. not much to say.. just remember to work on the line!
The eye studies are really nice done! quality! hehe i'd like to see more stuff like that!
but try to render some.. and / or add light weight to them!
IT will make your stuff look at least x2 interesting!

The robot/girl have a nice design to it at the upper body.. a little cliche.. but I'm not the guy to tell you about that!
the legs have a lot better propotions on the left one.. and except for that its not much to say..
keep drawing hands! draw your own hands! you gotta do something to make em more expressive.. They always
looks the same.. haha Draw those out of whatever anatomy book you have untill YOUR hands starts to BLEED!
Challenge yourself!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IB5.jpg
Most natural pic so far! except for the arm-clothes its kickass!
nice expression, and nice pose! remember that clothes always wrap aroun dthe body.. and the wrinkels should
always make sense.. and not be totally random! Good one!

*nice head studies.. You should work more on this form.. esepcially on female faces.. work on the facial planes!
, great studies Voice.. I'd like to see more of those.. The little drawing in the upper left is very nice!
got a natural look to it.. and the shoulders does not looks like a hill like in some of your other drawings.!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IB7.jpg
yay! you made the biceps look right! haha great! The drawing is a little stiff. But you have
used some line weight in some places.. and thats two good signs against one bad.
The shoulder area on the right side of the head looks kind aflat.. like if it wasn't attached
to the neck really.
nice clothes, but remember that the clothes wrap around the body! Look up some clothes
reference.. or draw from life ! Clotehs are very important when you want to make
a character believeable! that hat is very boring ^^ Add some variations to it.. lines, stripes.. what
do i know!
You often leave huge areas to nothing.. Work them out as you go!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IB8.jpg
Great! Like that 4 armed creature.. nice anatomy!
just think of the triceps! it looks kinda squareish , espeecially on the lower arms.. looks
a lot better now when you have some definition on the arms!

The girl with... ( what is that ? )

Nice rendering! I'm not sure where the light comes from.. right now
it looks like if it comes from the stomach area.. but I guess thats wrong.. the
face doesn't look very natural to me.. looks like you copied out of some fashion magaine and just
pasted it onto your drawing!
The left arm is natural, great! the right arm looks a little pasted as well.. Use guidelines when you start out.
and define the forms as you go!The shoulder look very random to me..
The clothes still have the same issues as before.. but its looks good at least on the skirt!

***Post 323****

Very nice first character.. look like if you didn't rushed.. took your time and the rendering, especially on the over body came
out very nice!
The face looks like a doll face.. although the eyes are good!
The arm is to short, and the biceps don't look connected to the under arm correctly..
again it looks like if you just hoped for the best when you drew the arm ^^ sorry.
The hand is also kinda boring.. just a few simple lines with same thickness all around!!
The left -over arm - is a lot better! nice work on it !

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IB16.jpg
Very nice! the left arm , over arm, look a little deformed though. and
the legs looks like they exist on to small negative space.. try to add some deep to it..
it looks very flat right now.. I thin you could improvee it by adding line weight!

The space suit girl.
Good drawing! hehe, the legs are to short ( that one has become a general crit lol )
but the arms are nice! only that they should be slightly longer i think.. now they are exactly half the body ^^
nice rendering on it!
The feets also look good!

Armpit-Reference drawing

I don't really know whats going on in this picture.. When you draw from reference, be sure to be careful with
the values so tit reads right.. now i'm not sure if you just did a very big deltoid.. or if its an arm in
perspective.. It makes it hard to read, and it makes it very hard to critique.. Other then that.. it seems
like it took you some time.. Only the outlines seems rushed and sketchy! Stay focused ^^ haha
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IB13.jpg
Nice! only thing I can say maybe work on feets ?

The catwoman piece have to small legs.. and to small head.. The arms are nice but the lines
are sketchy ( general crits kinda! ) nice black-to-contrast shading. kidna comic style hehe. be careful
with your lines though! and watch the proportions.. ESPECIALLY the legs.. it brings your pieces down.

The catwoman in action is nice, but very flat.. the whole area under the chest ais flat.. the hands have
that familiar look to it.. and seems to been drawn in a few seconds.. as marko mention on his DVD.. take your time
with hands.. it will help you with the expression of your character!

Post 324*** post 325***
Nice eye and boob study.. good skin tones !

Post 326***
December 4th.
Very nice progression til' now.. but you still have those old flawas to catch up with!
The face is nice.. but the eyes are to far appart.. and the face is falt.. the nose it very close
to the mouth wich is placed slightly to far down ( at least the nose is! ) The hair is cool.. but you could
spend some more times on your lines.. Til now I have not yet seen one single black line!
haha
The left leg is nice while the right leg seems a little to small.. especially the knee!
The character concept is very nice however.
Work on the hands! They are to simple! and they are just "hands" hehe. I know they ain't finished
but I can see what you where doing ^^
Nice drop shadow under the jaw, you should had done the same kind of rendering-from-light on the whole drawing.
It was a promising piece!

----------------------------------------------
I'm sorry this is just on the old stuff.. I realized I might should have started on the little newer stuff.. whatever I will finnish it off tomorrow after some sleep.
Sorry if this is all useless to you.. I do my best to make up for it tomorrow!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • part 3!

Part 3. haha if you want part 2 tell me and i write it... lol I just thought that
    the newer once was more important to crit.

Post363****

Phoenix.

hehe nice.. But its very sketchy.. I suggest ( as mentioned before ) that you try to get some nice line weight
    in there to make it more interesting. Right now it just look like a scribble or an early test/sketch!
    Look up some eagle references.. Right now the "nose" and the eye
    is what looks most wrong to me. The whole thing seems very rushed.. and it looks more
    like a lot of fingers, then a lot of feathers to me . hehe
    Good luck on your assignment!

Post368****

The charachter is very stiff.. And the design elemets is pretty boring to be honest. I think
    that one thing that would help is to get some swoshy lines in there. Your
    lines keep the same thickness the whole way.. like if it was drawn with msn paint or with mouse
    haha. Just work on the line weight!
    The anatomy under the design doesn't tseems to make sense.. even if its a robot
    the proportions isn't very appealing to me sorry. The designs is kinda wonky, and flat.
    Suggestion is to study medieval armour and stuff! armor design in general would help!

The anatomy studies are very nice.. good to see you learning to split it up
    in forms.. Hopefully you learn more about how to twist the body and make your stuff more
    interesting this way! The eye on the left side is very flat. Push te values, and study
    the facials.. And the face's planes!

The eye on the third paper is very nice! I would just like to see some dark around the eye lid!
    otherwise its VERY nice rendered!

and I just want to say WHOHO! you added some lineweight to the very nice line quality of that
    character! great legs! even though the right leg is a little to small.. haha
    as soon as you added the line weight to it , you made it much more interesting, and my
    eyes naturally goes to the place where it there is more contrast! good job man!
    note* Work on anatomy, the muscles, not only the form, even if its very good to practice!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IBN38.jpg
    This page is kidna weird.. hehe , I like it , but Its so much spaces.. its like you
    started to draw everything in differentt places on the paper.. to much white space ^^
    Fill it up! Get some dark in there ! push the values!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IBN39.jpg
    nice concept, i like th neck a lot!
    to be honest its al ittle hard to figure out if its a guy or girl.. i'd say girl, but i'm not sure!
    Its a little stiff, and i think its because of the arms which is placed and posed
    kinda un-naturally.. I don't think the left arm should be that far out..
    when you draw, apply guidlines, and think of those forms!
    keep at it!

Post372****

Nice natural pose!
    the arms prety small.. at least the under-arms.
    Otherwise its nice.. try to render it.. and add more details.. not uber-small once.. but just to fill those
    huge empty spaces up some!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/IBD2.jpg
    is the best in your sketchbook! Very nice values.. Great proportions
    I just wish you did more of those.. and best of all.. its a girl ^^ lol just kidding.
    but its really greatt !
    nothing to critique.. except.. finish it! and do more of those!
    The faces:
    the nose are still placed long down.. just move it slightly up!
    The way you draw eyes have changed a lot since september last year i can tell you ^^ very nice change, but
    try to add more dark in there!
    the face in the middle have very nice lines!
    hehe, its hard to draw people in profile.. but you seem to be good at it.. just
    be careful with the nose! and try to get the hair-line-directions down!
    Render those!

Post 375 ***

Cool doddles.. just think of the line wieght!
    and do think of the legs! you should study legs, they kind of always have some sort of disformation
    its mainly the proportion problem. but also try to learn how the muscles looks under.. go beneath the surface!

Post 381 ***

The anatomy of that figure looks a little off.. the arms are better now.. but the rib cage still
    look a little deformed.. or a little female'ish. Try to make
    males features a little harder.. and don't leave everything so blank! You should
    try to fill your pages.. and only use the contrast to create interest!
    haha , look at Wes or DanielC! both does it in a great way ^^
    The faces on this page is fantastic ^^ really cool once!
    still.. you rush those eyes! take your time.. think of what you have learnt by doing
    studies.. if you can't seem to remember.. then you haven't studied enough!!
    practice practice practice! ( You've heard that one before hopefully ^^ )
    The girl: Its really nice.. but kinda flat! nice use of values around the chest area!
    I'd like to see you finish it off aswell.. its a nice contrast to the background black!

What pencils do you use btw ? You seem to stay VERy light.. I suggest using HB - 2B something

Post 384***

Very nice study! not much to say.. its just great to see a cloth study in here , as
    i critiqued your clothes pretty much on page 6...
    Good stuff.. Just look really hard.. and don't draw what you think you see.. draw what you
    see! use your eyes.. =) ( I'm not saying you haven't! )

Post 389****

Nice character.. I like the render.. Just add some black in there.. and move the nose
    up some! ( general crit! ) and it will look a lot better Right now there is no
    interest! What do you want us to see ?
    Good job on the rendering.

Post 392****

Hehe, you should update more ^^
    Nice drawing! looks A LOT better then your older anatomy studies ( thinking of page 6! )
    are those kchen stuff ? otherwise you should maybe check him out.. he have
    great tips and "short cuts" to memorize the human body.

As you wrote yourself.. You should study more hands.. They always
    look the same.. either lifeless and finger-by-finger.. or bundled like that..
    haha , its a great thing you start to notie your own faults.. only then you can
    start to change yourself! basicly you have only improved.. But you should
    study more from life, and more anatomy and those general crits i have mentioned will be gone in no time
    !
    The face looks very nice! remember that the upper eye-lid is suppose to overlap the lower one.
    also get more black into your work .. you stay so light!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/A4.jpg
    Nice anatomy.. weird concept = good ^^

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/A5.jpg
    The eyes looks kinda cartoonish.. also the nose is to far down! The twist
    on the body looks nice and challenging.. but it also look very weird because it looks
    like there is to smal amount of body between the butt and the shoulders ^^
    But It might as well just be me , because it is indeed a weird angle..
    hehe

The spartanian soldier is really nice.. but it looks like it got a to huge head ^^
    keep studying faces and proportions! anatomy!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/A7.jpg
    On this one it looks like you first drew the guy from front.. and then decided
    to do something else.. hehe .. basicly it looks like if the chest is on the back ^^
    push the values! Very nice eye!

Post 395**

lol, cool doodle ^^

Post 398****

Great update.. it still look wierd on the back of the guy! look up the back in some anatom book
    The rest of the page seems fine.. genereal critique is to move the nose up on the left giu.. and maybe
    decrease the size of his lips depending on what you are going after ^^
    Nice!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ako/Aa2001.jpg
    nice foreshortening!
    the faces are looking good.. not much to crit..
    The arm on the lower guy looks kinda off.. just thicker muscles on the lower arm would
    improve it a lot i think!

The space suit girl:
    Great concept, nice contrast ( just push the values some more! ) and it be
    kickass! also fill the pages and draw bigger ^^ nice rendering.. ( nothing but asspats on this one sorry ^^ )
    Watch out for that knee! ( i found something to crit! ) and draw the hands! don't hide them!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ako/Aa4001.jpg
    GREAT render on the muscles and gradiations!
    the thing on his elbow doesn't look believe able to me.. looks like if he would do something
    with his arm.. he would hurt himself.. and if it was meant to hurt
    otherws with.. i think it be to weak.. Use the whole arm to establish something
    strong, that he can actually control ! haha

Post 399***

Whoa! thos are great.. scott robertsson reallly rocks.. keep doing
    those perspective studies.. they really helpt me while back!
    Good airplanes!
    I can't crit those.. they are exellent! only thing i can think of is the
    creative part of it.. don't try to be scott robertson ^^ but I know you only did those
    as exercises, and that you are aware of what i'm saying.. keep those up!
    but study vehicles in general cars are hard to draw!

Post 402***

Not much to crit.. watch out on those wings.. looks kinda non.functional.. but i dunno ^^
    good anatomy and action on those figures!
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/ac2.jpg
    great face! the nose is on a much better place in this one..
    The figure on the bottom looks kinda deformed.. hehe, i guess you should
    just apply more femaleish froms.. define the hand.. and make that boobie more soft ^^

Good stuff latly!
    just try to take your time .. work out the forms and lines!
    Your stuff will become more interesting then!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Okinako/ac3.jpg
    This one screams scott robertsson as well.. You need to look at how stuff and designs look at
    other places, add it to your own stuff if you feel for it.. and try to observe technical stuff
    in general! it will help you with ID stuff!

Post 405***
    Nice values.. but uhm.. it seems very rushed like if you where terrified it would
    take more then 30 minutes ^^
    not much to say.. just don't rush!
    Keep studying!

Post 406

hehe nice ^^

-------------------

lol I'm done with part 3!!!

I know the recent once doesn't had much to critique.. i can always point
    out the faults if you'd like me too .. but I think i have give you a lot to go on now!
    study anatomy man! as you seem to do mostly characters.. it will help you tons!
    And don't ignore those good old basic proportion rules like the 8 head rule.
    They will help you a lot !

I hope those notes are helpful

ok NOW i'm gonna sleep

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    .....That has to be the most awesome critique ever. I'm so happy that you took the time out to do it that thoroughly, I'd love the part 2 if thats fine by you.
    There should be a team of critiques like that.
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another update, Bridgmann studies. I want to go back to the basics start over because I've noticed I haven't been improving to my liking, and I think its the influence of all the CA artists the established ones. I've been trying to much to emulate rather than learn and improve. So here are some with a few notes.
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • I'm sorry for not giving you part 2 I forgot and got caught up in a painting

These are VERY nice! now think of the line weight! and don't draw 5 lines where
    you can put one! draw one light.. but remember to define it.. otherwise your brain won't let you learn what is the right shape

Keep it up!

I write that part 2 soon!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey its another image. No problem dile ^_^.
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your stuff and the fact that you do allot of practice. Watch you values i agree with dile you have some nice stuff but I think you need some more shades of gray, different values looks kinda flat keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

oki dokie

The bridgemann studies are looking good! Keep it up! (less vent more drawing)

-zeeble ("....with passion")

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zeeble: WITH GREAT PASSION, and olive oil. Thanks, I know, I'll draw while in vent.
    2kre8: Will do, I just never got too dark until I'm absolutely sure, which is very rare.
    Here's a little Bridgman Study.
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Little Diagnostic sketch page to see what I've learned so far..
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    that latest one looks nothing like light at all. He has a penis on his forehead, remember?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol @ slash...You're right...This stuff is great oki...You've come a long since my last comment (which I can't seem to find...maybe it was someone else?!?!) Anyways, have fun with your bridgman, you're rocking these bad boys out gangsta style...

Also, work on subtle to extreme value changes...will give you some interesting things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nice Bridgman studies! Gotta love him Do more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doodle page to break the continuity.
    You Lack Discpline!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    G'day Oki! Some of your stuff reminds me of Lung_Bug man, I really think that if you just draw for a long time like set out 6 to 10 hours a day (it can be done) you can really get your lines in the right place, I always like to think of drawing like learning a magic trick and people who learn magic tricks always talk about the huge amount of hours it took them to learn how to to it. Anyway as for crits I'd say that the jaw hinge for your heads sometimes starts too far back.

Remember if you have passion and have heavily coated your loins with Columbian olive oil your pencil shall sweat pure passion until it orgasmicly explodes all over the page....with passion.

• Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 75