Art: Ideal sculpting material for particular project
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Ideal sculpting material for particular project

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ideal sculpting material for particular project

Alright, my friend made a kickass Advent Children Cloud costume for last Halloween but he used a crappy printout for his little... lion head...thing.

I might beable to get a good 10 dollars and supplies to whip him something up. What kind of materials can I expect to tag on a costume and hope it not to easily break? (No experience in sculpting)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheapeat is best. Depends how much time you want to spend on it. YOu could bulk it out with CardBoard then use cheap clay then paint and varnish it. Or you could make it out of clay and get it vacuum moulded in styrene(they can usually do this in school or college cdt departments). I have also been using this wierd paper mache product that is a powder that you mix with water. It has paper in it so its really light but also had plater to make it rigid. Worked fine for a mask of a face that I made, but it was a bit lumpy.

Personally, I love making stuff from cardboard. You can use wood filler or polyfiller to fill the gaps and model any curves you want. As long as you paint and varnish it it will be strong enough.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.