The exploration
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The exploration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The exploration

Heya!

Story of this image: An ancient civilization that has died out or left erected this giant obelisk, and now the people currently living in the area have decided to gather all able men in order to try and break into structure and see what is inside. They use a giant piece of plating that dropped from the obelisk a long time ago as shelter while they are gathering.

The reason for this is that if it turns out ok I want to create some character designs and environments and stuff both from the advanced and the low-tech civilizations.

Does this make sense?

I would love some crits on the piece, and it would be great with suggestions on how to make the left side of the obelisk look more like realistic metal, because the way it looks at the moment... ugh.

Okay, so have at it, and thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's an update, I changed the color of the sky so that the obelisk would pop and changed the appearance of the metal-ish thingies on the left side of the building. Still not really happy. Is this better than the first version?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is very impressive. i really dig the brush work and the "sketchiness" of the paint. I think it works very well. The camel in the foreground is a nice touch.

i really can't crit anything. the lighting is something that can be discussed, such as maybe experiment with putting a key light right on the obelisk. but I also like how it looks right now.

just keep us posted with the updates

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.