Sketchbook: Cuppa Joe's Sketchbook- Occasionally Updated... - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of responses! You know what this means, right?....
    Joe's got a Posse! We'll get matching jackets, and we can play the Doom Crew in thier softball tournament...

White Rose- Thanks man!

Mentler- Thanks, I'll keep it moving!

Goog- Thanks alot man!

Ryn- I've thought about it, and probably will. I'm gettingsome refillable tria markers soon, so I'll get some inks and some watercolors. Thanks!

Kitsu- Thanks! That bottle was mainly hard because I was trying to capture the reflections on the other side. Not easy... Also, There are no reflections because then I'd have to draw what was around it (too lazy). It was kind of fun trying to draw it while trying to not see somethings about it.

Dile- Haha! No, just started thinking about things different (more of a Bob Ross-esque way). I'm finally getting my head around a few important concepts. I'm also haveing a lot more fun drawing now, so that helps. Sometime soon I'll spend some time on a digi. I might get more into the weeklies. Yeah I drew 'em!

Dile....again- Thanks! That's wierd, did you report it to the bugs thread?

Today was a good day. I'm starting to have a lot more fun drawing. I think it's because now I'm more experimenting than studying.

Did a figure from mind to asses what to study.

Sketch of my leg. I may start messing with hatching soon. Expect ugly to insue.

Crap, but improved SP

Work on sketchlings project.

WIP of a tree scene from life.

Cloud study for said scene.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ne? But what will we call ourselves? the proletariat?

Anyway the new stuff is looking very nice. I like where your going, and I think your starting to get there!

[Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SWEET SKETCHES!!!
    but i noticed something... watch the porpotions of the face... so far you've improved... :3 *thinks* i tink the view of the lips..is a bit off..

when i get home.. i'll scan in a few pages of anatomy of the head... for you..about lips :3

hmmm.. how do you usually do yourself portraits... do you take a photo of yourself..or stare at the mirror for a very very long time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kitsu- Dangit! Hadn't thought of that... Thanks man!

White Rose- Thanks! Oh man I got to work on heads... so frustrating! Yeah the lips are definately off, along with the chin. I use a mirror. I Don't have a nice mirror except in my bathroom, so I balance this crappy hand mirror on my drawing table.

HEADS! Frustrating as hell! pld: Started SPs again. They all look like heads, just not mine. With alot of these, I got frustrated and just arsed around instead, so sorry. A lot of these were also erased a few times.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, keep drawing the portraits! You get there soon!
    My advice is to get abook about portraits! If you dont have any ? go to the
    library, they use to have all sorts of drawing books!! Or your local book store!
    Keep the daily updates up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile- Thanks! Library is a good idea (Don't know why I didn't think of that as I often suggest it.) So far I've been using Loomis.

Oh crap! Figure Drawing class monday! Not ready! ANATOMY BINGE!
    I'm going to try a new method. I'll do a few studies a day, but mainly I'll do a figure from imagination, see what's wrong, look up how it should be, make another, repeat etc.etc. Let's see if it works!

Quick Loomis warmups.

From mind

everything else.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh , nice to hear you takeing classes, didnt knowed that, however
    keep strunggling and fighting with the anatomy!
    You doing well, try to fill the whole pages with et c arms! !
    thats my only new advice for the moment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Kitsu - Usually obnoxious daily!

Yo Joe! Your figures are looking a lot more solid to me for some reason? I not sure why, there are still anatomical issues, they just feel 'righter' than previous sketches. Would you mind if I tried drawing over some of your sketches? It might help you see some places you are going wrong, and would get me drawing more figures

BTW: have you thought about getting into a Sketchbook Support Group? You post regularly enough that you probably don't need that kind of encouragement, but it might get you a few more meaningful replies per post. I'm thinking about it because I suck at posting stuff regularlly AND I don't get any replies ever. It might be helpfull if we can scrape up a few more people? I don't know who I could get, Guggen is busy and has said he doesn't want a SSG. Maybe IdiotApathy? Though he already gets a lot of replies...

[Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile- Thanks man! Will do.

Kitsu- Thanks! Go ahead, in fact, I encourage it! BTW: Sweeeet idea man! We could probably at least get Ryn, you and me. Maybe Heroic, but he (she?) is MIA. It would be sweet if we could get Idiot Apathy in on this. I'll start PMing people sometime to see if we can get this together! Also, do you want this to be official or not? I'm thinking not since most of our current candidates don't update daily.

More anatomy. The binge continues! Doing a little Loomis-Bridgeman hybrid thing. Going okay.

Figures from mind interlaced with studies as I see fit.

Currently feeling rather proud over this hand. From life.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Leveled up?

Kick ass! The lighting and form on the knuckles of that hand are dead on. That is exactly what I mean by looking and seeing! The Loomis skeleton also looks really solid and proportional. On the whole a very successful post, the only problem I see is that you are having trouble putting arms together... which actually I need to do a bit more study on myself.

Okay, I stayed up late last night drawing on your drawings, but now I'm not sure what to do with them. It seems inappropriate to post them in your sketchbook, so I'm going to post them in mine. I'm going to take a copy of the sketch I used too, just so your host doesn't go down from the huge bandwidth use in my thread

I'm going to see if White Rose wants to join an informal SSG. She (I think) is doing some good work in her SB, but she needs some regular support (and encouragement to post/draw).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kitsu- Thanks! Uggh, arms. Yeah... I changed the Loomis skeleton a little to match more with Bridgeman. But I think my ribcage shape is off. Thanks for the paintover! Big help. Feel free to do them any time! And yeah, White Rose is a she. I'm pretty sure she was in the All-Girl Tdome.

Okay day today. Didn't draw as much as I wanted to.

Shaping up my process a little. Looked at Bridgeman for the back.

Various-

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi hi...
    as sson as i got kitsu..post..and i went home..after work to respond.. i found out my internet was susspended ;-;

i wont be getting acess until..monday or tuesday.. so im playing spy on my sis..laptop..till.. monday or tuesday...
    i so want to join a ssg..

and the allthunderdome..girl thingie...what the hell is that...everybody thinks i was in it.. but i dont know what it is,,nor done anything..please explain :3 soo untill.. i get the net back up.. ill be working on hands..and shoulders and gesture drawing,,
    (i hate hate gestures)...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I don't usually connect during the weekend. But I just had to stop in and see how things are going I'm going to try to do some markup on your latest, I'll probably post them Monday.

Good news White Rose. On monday I'll put together a group sig, we can add anyone else later.

The All Girl Thunderdome was a art tournament held between all (most) of the female artist here at CA. You can probably find some of the galleries floating around in finally finished.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Joe, thanks for dropping by my sketchbook.
    Your anatomy studies are looking good, some of your men look a little stiff though, maybe try and be a bit fluid with your lines. Also never get attached to them, rub them out, and always jump from each side of the body, checking reference points to see if everything is in proportion.
    That life study of the hand is amazing, my favourite of the page. Keep it up.

Respect is the ultimate currency.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    White Rose- Cool! The SSg will all be set up soon. As for the All-Girl Tdome, Kitsu beat me to it.

Kitsu- Thanks!Maybe I could get Guggen to name it. It's not official, but we need a name.

Zanconato- Thanks man! I'll watch that.

Goddamn heads and feet! gggrrrumble....
    Hooray for SSG! Gone are the days of two weeks without a response!
    Got some drawing done today. Changed my mannekin to an ovoid ribcage. Poses, 100% from mind. Class starts monday.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Classes start tomorrow!

Figures from mind and stuff for New media Coloring Book.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, legs are getting to be the right length in most cases, but now you're making them too fat! Go stand infront of a mirror with no pants on and do some leg studies, man! :p Your torsos are also getting too narrow at the top. Remember Loomis's 'cape'.

Those figures are quite good for being from life. And did you draw those robots yourself? I'm not quite sure what "New Media Colouring Book" is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb stuff

Those Coloring-book pieces arn't half bad! I can never figure out what to do with those
    Another crop of nice poses too, though it seems I can't see all the images at the same time? I'll do some more practice on these tonight. I've got to hit up mentler's threads and do some studies, I'm having all kinds of detail problems.

Okay, I got another overdrawing done in my SB, and I've got a draft sig block done:
    ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose
    PHP Code:
    [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ProtoSSG: [URL="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=912973&goto=lastpost"]Cup-of-Joe[/URL] ~ [URL="http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=896121&goto=lastpost"]Kitsu[/URL] ~ [URL="http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67173&goto=lastpost"]White Rose[/URL][/B][/COLOR][B][/B
    Let me know what you think, and good luck in your classes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryn- Grr. Today I was making torsos too fat! Can't my problems choose something and stay there? As for the Robots, pfft, I wish I drew those. It's, well, acoloring book. People supply lines and other people color them in. Thanks for the crits!

Kitsu- Cool! Thanks for setting that up!

Uggghhhhhggggrrrraaarrrggghh.
    Classes were awesome, but tiring. Basically, wake up at 7, draw for Five hours, come home. Today was mainly composition and thumbnails. Really got me thinking about value in thumbs. Second half was drawing statues. I have that, but not the thumbs. Tomorrow is drawing from a model. Wish m e luck!

Statues. Buncha stupid mistakes. (Scanner acting wierd, Here's the ones that came out.)

Thumbs for Teen Challenge. Try and decipher them! good luck...

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wish I got to draw for five hours a day
    The statue drawings are good, though by the third set they start to look a bit flat. The chest area on the discus guy is spot on (pelvis looks high though). Working with a live model should accelerate your learning a ton! can't wait to see what you come up with.

BTW I found an interesting thing - when my scanner is set to grey-scale mode it looses a lot of my lighter lines, but if I scan in color then either desaturate or adjust curves it perserves a lot more. I just noticed while going over your stuff that I can vaguely see some lines that should be there, but are nearly missing?

Last edited by Kitsu; June 27th, 2006 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Babylonia

Joe <> Drawing is a language <> never shut-up and eventually people will start to listen <> artist have to hear themselves talk with lines.

Thanks for the visit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kitsu- Yeah, It's cool. Thanks! Thanks for the scanning tip too. Don't know if I care that much though.

Mentler- Deep man, I hear ya. Thanks ffor dropping by!

Figure drawing. Assorted 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 15 min, and 30 min poses. I don't remember which is which, so you can guess.

Edit- You know what, I'm tired, and this stuff would take an hour to scan since 90% of it doesn't even fit in my scanner, and my cameras not charged, so consider this a preview. I'll post it all torrow. And trust me, there's a shit-load of it. Sorry.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hpe to see the rest of the stuff tomorrow.. but to give you heads up...for the woman that is sitting on the chair..her hands and feet..are quite small.
    and the chair shes sitting on

comeon man.. u can draw a better chair like that
    ..and u can do a little shading u know :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is a very good thing when you've drawn more in a day than you are willing to scan! White rose is right, it has been a while since I have seen one of your pieces fully rendered. There is more to showing form than just contour

Edit: I forgot I was going to drop a link to this solid figure basics

Last edited by Kitsu; June 28th, 2006 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Maaaaassssive Dumpage

Warning! Crappy camera pics! If any turn our especially horrid, I'll just scan 'em. Also, a few were unsalvageable.

White Rose- Dang! Didn't catch that one, thanks! Just a heads up, loads of errors that I see now in these. I'll do a rendered one soon.

Kitsu- I'll do one. Current idea- set up still life. Draw lines. Remove glasses and render. I'm like, legally 1/3 blind without my glasses. Thanks for the link, cool stuff!

Notes-
    Don't be afraid to really bear down. That's what erasers are for.
    Don't be afraid to erase, It's not your god-damn child.
    Mentler egg+ cube= AWESOMELY helpful
    Keep that pencil sharp! Without that, your lines are not only muddy, but not where you want them.
    Check and double-check your angles!
    Be sure to determine the wieght-bearing leg.
    And some other stuff I forgot for now.

Again- Assorted 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 15 min, and 30 min poses. I don't remember which is which, so you can guess. Also, today's (fewer than I remember) perspective drawings.

Also- Page 6 and level 6 are fast aproachin'! Thanks guys!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not much to say. You are nailing the shaps pretty well and the proportions look mostly good. Lots of good practice, and I hope they let you do some longer ones too. Are they teaching you anything on the side, or is it mostly just drawing from life?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dam your just a sketcha-holic lol. The studies are looking really good as are your nature studies. Not much to say after that, your pretty much taken on all your issues with your studies. Keep up the wicked work and Ill go work on my Feet thing.
    Later man.

Ink Monkey, Blog Yet anouther blogger slave.

Ink Monkeys CA Sketch Book Thanks for the Drop In

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sorry

Kisu- The class seems to make you improve mainly because your drawing more, with occasional comments. We also studied composition, vut I lost that stuff.

Ink Monkey-Thanks man!

Sorry for lack of update. CA was down for me at my regular update time.

The Rock is the only thing from yesterdays class worth scanning. The second thing is where I ate lunch yesterday entirely from memory. Has Perspective(lamp) and anatomy(head) problems whick I may go back and fix. The other two are in charcoal from life that I did at home. First one without glasses(had trouble seeing the paper too), second one in the dark(only way to get the lighting I wanted.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, Your rendering in the last post shows a lot of improvment in observation! The rock looks nice, but remember - The lightest light on the dark side should still be darker than anything on the lit side (of the core) - even if you have to alter reality to do it Right now it looks like the light is coming from the upper right front of the rock, but the left bottom of the rock is as lit as the right front face?
    The next rendered one looks right value wise. The face really looks like a lit three dimensional form.

Keep it up pld:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay your last post is really nice Joe!
    the hand you did a while ago is really nice rendered!
    you improveing, nice!

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3